New Car Required For My Cousin Under Rs.7.5L

Thread Starter #1
Friends,

My cousin is using a Alto presently and feel to change the car due to uncomfort while seating and driving.

She is 6' and my brother in law is 6.2 and mostly the car is driven by my sis.

She thinks a Ritz will suit her after the experience with my car and prefered cars so far are

Ritz diesel
Manza diesel

the inputs are here

Your Budget: Rs.7 – 7.5 Lakh strict

> New or Used: New Car strict

> Your Location: Hyderabad and villages around

> Top Five Priorities: Comfort, Low Maintenance, legroom,head room, reliable

> Monthly Running: Between 1,000 – 1,500 Kms

> Type of Fuel: Diesel preferred, Transmission : AT prefered

> For What Purpose: Regular Use, Occasional Highway Trips

> Seating Capacity: Maximum 5 Adults

> Type of Segment: A Hatch/sedan is also ok

> Time to buy : Not in a hurry, but need to buy bit soon

Look forward for your valuable suggestions friends[:)]

Re: New car required for my cousin under 7.5L

Friends,

My cousin is using a Alto presently and feel to change the car due to uncomfort while seating and driving.

She is 6' and my brother in law is 6.2 and mostly the car is driven by my sis.

She thinks a Ritz will suit her after the experience with my car and prefered cars so far are

Ritz diesel
Manza diesel

the inputs are here

Your Budget: Rs.7 – 7.5 Lakh strict

> New or Used: New Car strict

> Your Location: Hyderabad and villages around

> Top Five Priorities: Comfort, Low Maintenance, legroom,head room, reliable

> Monthly Running: Between 1,000 – 1,500 Kms

> Type of Fuel: Diesel preferred, Transmission : AT prefered

> For What Purpose: Regular Use, Occasional Highway Trips

> Seating Capacity: Maximum 5 Adults

> Type of Segment: A Hatch/sedan is also ok

> Time to buy : Not in a hurry, but need to buy bit soon

Look forward for your valuable suggestions friends[:)]
As you have mentioned AT preferred I shall only stick to that transmission, I didnt know the Manza also offered an AT transmission. Well you could get the Dzire AT also altough it is not Diesel. I am not sure whether the i20 AT would fit in your price range.

If AT is not your priority then in terms of driving pleasure I would definitely suggest the Punto considering the great GC (as you are travelling on bad roads) it has also the diesel shall fit your budget else you could also try and look for the Fiesta Classic as well. Also the Ecosport is rumoured to be launched from 5.99 to 7.25 lakhs you could also check that out as they are saying it would be launched over the weekend.

Hope this helps.

Thread Starter #3

@Ronz

Thank you for your quick suggestions.

Yes, AT is prefered, but again the budget and FE(in case of petrol) is also looked into and maintenance is also a criteria.

A major thing you missed what more leg room and head room is must and comfort is most important criteria.

I guess if your cousin is comfortable with your ritz then , its a perfect vehicle to suit her needs where diesel, now available with zdi variant as well,tall boy stance,GC for rough roads with maruti ASS.

Thread Starter #5

@Vijay

I agree with you as my sis proposed the same and we had discussed about various things like
Wagon R - She doesn't like it and it is petrol
Vista - It would be good, but she doesn't like it because of taxi badge
Manza - interested to know if it comes in within that budget, little difficult in traffic being a big sedan. but very happy with comfort and space

Also we discussed about diesel AT, I think Ritz launched it, but no idea on pricing

Ritz AT is launched only in Vxi Abs trim buddy and no other variant available then that.
Diesel there is no AT option for ritz as of now.

If you are looking for petrol than go for i20 the best car available in that segment of 7-7.5

Yes Manza is quite a big car it covers all your needs but can't take out for regular use.

You may also consider brio AT if you are willing to wait for long, you know these ppl delay a lot from booking till delivery.

My final verdict go for i20 easily which comes with all luxurious packages now.

@Gurrala74:
1. Forget the AT.
2. Pick up the phone and call up your cousin.
3. Tell her to buy the Ritz ZDi.
4. Period.

If you are looking for petrol than go for i20 the best car available in that segment of 7-7.5

Yes Manza is quite a big car it covers all your needs but can't take out for regular use.

You may also consider brio AT if you are willing to wait for long, you know these ppl delay a lot from booking till delivery.

My final verdict go for i20 easily which comes with all luxurious packages now.
i20 is good car but not best. My brother has one (Petrol) and i felt the engine is not as lively as it is in the i10. Also it is heavy drinker he hardly gets above 11 kmpl. He is a smooth user. The car pitches and rolls (I hate this). There are so much i20's it feels a bit dated. Also the number of i20's can be seen on roads is because people want something different than Swift yet they want as much ASS support. I somehow dint like the i20 as much as Swift (Personal Opinion).

There is only one Diesel Automatic under 10 lakhs. And it is the Hyundai Verna. If Diesel AT is needed there is no option. If a Diesel MT then you can try for

Mahindra Quanto
Ford Figo
Toyota Etios / Liva
Chevrolet Sail / Sail UVA

If you can wait then try Honda Amaze, Ford Ecosport.

Nishant,

Apart from Hyundai steering rattling issues i don't think they have any other problems.

Now it is also fixed and you can't compare an outdated swift with i20.

Hyundai ASS is been good till now but not comparatively than Maruthi, applicable for others too.

change over of sedan and hatch , yes why not Ford Ecosport if your cousin is willing to. Decision is yours.

Manza - interested to know if it comes in within that budget, little difficult in traffic being a big sedan. but very happy with comfort and space
If you like Manza and happy with it, then size and big sedan look should not be an issue even in City traffic.

Manza turns better than many other sedans (good turning radius) and once we are familiar with the car, taking it in City traffic is quite easy which I can vouch for from experience.

Manza is equally at home in bumper to bumper City traffic, long highways and also on village roads.

Thread Starter #12
@Safari

Yes I agree with you completely and told my sis to have a look at it and if possible do a TD as she has to drive it finally, so she need to check how comfortable it is. If it was for me, then I buy Manza CC my eyes closed[:)]

As she said she will buy Ritz, but when I know some thing is more good(Vista,Manza,Sail UVA) than Ritz I never push her to Ritz because I own one, normally you will see this kind of tendency. Yes Ritz is not a bad car, but I felt there are other good cars too for space and comfort.

Let us see what she does now as she need to take the TD of Manza,Sail now as she finished the TD of Ritz already.

maybe she should wait for the diesel amaze which is lined up for launch soon. and you cannot go wrong with a Honda. but being 6 foot, ingress/egress could be an issue with the low stance of the brio platform.

As per your given choices, it seems MANZA will suit the best. However, I would like to inform that Honda Amaze's launch is around the corner. If you can wait....try it out.

Thread Starter #15
@Nitin

Yes, she is tall and she is having back pain problem already, so comfort will a main criteria here. Yes a Honda cannot go wrong, so let us see as she has time for a month or two to buy this.

Top Bottom