Chevy Enjoy LS 7 Seater or Mahindra Quanto C2? (Deal! Enjoy Packed & Sealed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
Hello people,

So we are finally into the market for buying a vehicle. Please do have a look at my parameters and suggest me one.

Current ride:
Our baby Alto LXI

Our family history:
If you turn back the pages every car we owned was an MPV: Omni for 10 years, Versa for 5 years, Eeco for 8 months and now alto(not in the segment but we bought to lessen our feul bills and A/C!) which has completed 2 and a half years,

Members in my family:
We are four in the family.

Then why on Earth an MPV/MUV not an hatchback?
My father has this weird feeling that more the price,more the no. of seats, moreover we take car to my mom's native and suddenly plan for a trip so that if we buy a car it should have at-least two seats behind the rear seat for love to travel together!

Budget
As of now we set our budget till 8, if better options are there, then it go till 9.

Petrol or Diesel?
Our annual usage in the Alto was 120000 kilometers which means 1000kms p.m, but the usage has become more and more for us so the need for diesel has raised in us.

How long will the car be kept?
Minimum of 5 years.

When do you plan to buy?
Currently we are short of funds, In the month of June (hopefully).

The Venture Story

So far(from when it was released), we had our heart over the Tata Venture which was an ideal replacement for our family with a diesel engine,
We went to book the car a month back too as we had the budget for it.
The final stage where in the SE rescued us by telling that the production has been stopped and the vehicle should be given rest for every 50 kms!
Though we did not believe him, we had some kind of disturbance that what will be the fate of the car if we owned and that too we owned Maruti(which means no niggles) for 4 times and it would be difficult if we move to Tata. And the serivce centre is concorde only which has a good service backup (none of the other dealers are good in Bangalore) and to reach concorde it will take more than an hour from my place which is also a bit disappointing.

If you see, i joined this forum when i was looking out for the venture details. Another drawback is the vehicle is BS-3 which means you cant register in the city and to be registered outside the city and not in your name, engine 70bhp only on books is sluggish for it weighs 2 tons and the power to weight ratio comes to 35 bhp which is equivalent to an Omni!

Come march 2012, maruti released the much awaited Ertiga only to say the price was at higher point (for us) of 10 lakhs and the interiors were not that roomy and my friends told Xylo was a better option there, so we left the car then and there itself.

Bolero/Xylo is too big for my dad to drive hence he's not interested to buy these.

The big news of Quanto being launched at September okay-ed us and we saw the vehicle in the showroom right after it was launched, test drove and my dad was disappointed for the vehicle was too huge for him to drive in a crowded street like ours, so i was a bit shaky because my dad rejected it.

On December 2012 we visited the Nissan Showroom to check out the Evalia, we liked to large extent and test drove it which was surprisingly super smooth
but the hindrance was that the base model starts from 10.50 lakhs which doesn't even have power windows! also the budget was on higher side so we think this is not the car for us.

Beat comes in between!
Some friend of my dad told that beat diesel costs less on maintenance and service interval is at 15k kms, he was overjoyed(me too thinking we could buy the car immediately) by then and we did a research and found it to be VFM,
but a sore point was that it was only a "5 seater" and the rear seat was not promising comfort, so dan! it was out of our list.

Used car Mela

Almost every Sunday we are visiting these dealerships and used car showrooms, saw a vista and was ready to shell out 4 lakhs, but something did not please us in the car so we rejected it.

The upcoming Chevy enjoy?

This is where the confusion starts, now GM has plans to launch it in April and price it below the Eritga is what being told, so now the Quanto and Enjoy has been two contenders for us,

I don't know for which one to go [confused]

Hello people,

So we are finally into the market for buying a vehicle. Please do have a look at my parameters and suggest me one.

I don't know for which one to go [confused]
Vishwas, the PERFECT vehicle for your kind of requirements is the Ertiga. Petrol ZXi is Rs 7.85 lakhs in Bangalore and Diesel prices are 7.79/8.45/9.12 lakhs for the LDi/VDi/ZDi respectively. Even after keeping the murderous Bangalore registration charges in mind, the LDi would certainly fit in your budget. You can add the essentials (power windows, central locking, stereo, etc) later for a fraction of the OEM cost as and when you accumulate more cash.

Let it be the Ertiga. You wont repent.

p.s.: Evil Advice: Safari LX. 7 seater. 140 bhp. Diesel. Rs 9 lakhs on road. Lots of offers and freebies. Dont give me an infraction please:p!!

Last edited:
re: Chevy Enjoy LS 7str or Mahindra Quanto C2?

+1 If the LDI comes in your budget go for it, looks like a car and doesnt feel big.
Else you might as well convince your dad that Big is only a mind thing(apart from parking space), a safari lx will come with very tempting offers now - that apart Sumo Gold and Xylo could be considered.

Last edited:

Hey Iron Rock as you have mentioned the buying might be in June I think the Ecosport might be in your price range of 8lakhs I hope do have a look at that when it launches

Thread Starter #5

Vishwas, the PERFECT vehicle for your kind of requirements is the Ertiga. Petrol ZXi is Rs 7.85 lakhs in Bangalore and Diesel prices are 7.79/8.45/9.12 lakhs for the LDi/VDi/ZDi respectively. Even after keeping the murderous Bangalore registration charges in mind, the LDi would certainly fit in your budget. You can add the essentials (power windows, central locking, stereo, etc) later for a fraction of the OEM cost as and when you accumulate more cash.

Let it be the Ertiga. You wont repent.
Oh yes Ertiga fits our bill, but as per my dad, its not worth going for, he says that he will go for Xylo if he was able to drive it well. We would have have gone for VDI only if this was the plan, and my mother still is inclined towards buying the Ertiga because she likes Maruti and what she was impressed was the car goes into the garage! I told her we don't have budget for it, she then said if ertiga is considered then we can do something. Point taken

p.s.: Evil Advice: Safari LX. 7 seater. 140 bhp. Diesel. Rs 9 lakhs on road. Lots of offers and freebies. Dont give me an infraction please:p!!
I would have gone for Scorpio LX though.

+1 If the LDI comes in your budget go for it, looks like a car and doesnt feel big.
Else you might as well convince your dad that Big is only a mind thing(apart from parking space), a safari lx will come with very tempting offers now - that apart Sumo Gold and Xylo could be considered.
Yes i have to tell him this point, We saw both Xylo and Sumo gold and it was something which don't want as its too big for our needs.

Hey Iron Rock as you have mentioned the buying might be in June I think the Ecosport might be in your price range of 8lakhs I hope do have a look at that when it launches
It is speculated to come as a 5 seater, more than ecosport i would prefer the premier rio diesel in that price.

I feel the Ertiga (D) fits in your budget and is pretty good for your requirements. However, since Chevrolet Enjoy is likely to launch at a price lower than the Maruti MUV, it is surely worth the wait.
As for the Venture, it should be better left to the commercial segment (no offences to owners). I found its driving position much inferior to the Alto.

Vishwas, ErtigaD it won't let you down.Good luck brother.

If for june book it now on a token amount,i think it has a waiting period of 4 months.

Last edited:

Vishwas

Your dad and you like the Ertiga did you and your dad enjoy driving it ? If yes its a nice choice . I too would suggest you wait for the Chevy enjoy and then decide between the both .

Thread Starter #9

I feel the Ertiga (D) fits in your budget and is pretty good for your requirements. However, since Chevrolet Enjoy is likely to launch at a price lower than the Maruti MUV, it is surely worth the wait.
When compared to Ertiga, Quanto scores over it in most of the aspects(like price, power, features etc)

Vishwas, ErtigaD it won't let you down.Good luck brother.
If for june book it now on a token amount,i think it has a waiting period of 4 months.
I know, but somewhere somewhat i feel Ertiga is overpriced for me.

Vishwas

Your dad and you like the Ertiga did you and your dad enjoy driving it ? If yes its a nice choice . I too would suggest you wait for the Chevy enjoy and then decide between the both .
The problem here is Ertiga isn't liked by my dad and i am bored of having the S badge in my cars, moreover he was not impressed with it nor he did not give interest on it after he test-drove one.

I'll surely go out to Chevy showroom at the launch of their Enjoy, if everything seems to be in place then we would consider it as a serious competitor to the Quanto.

As of now only two cars is in my mind, the Quanto and Enjoy, maybe we could consider Ashok Leyland's upcoming Stile, but i'm worried if it comes with the 64BHP tuned engine.

As for the Venture, it should be better left to the commercial segment (no offences to owners). I found its driving position much inferior to the Alto.
Right you are, there's nil place to place your left foot and will be a bane in B2B traffic, moreover the commercial segment did not choose Venture for its old school engine.

No more Venture issues as the vehicle has not come out well, its better to bade good bye, Tata really disappoints us in this aspect, it was such a great product for a family like us, it was the only van which we considered and nothing else, don't know who throws this kind of idea in Tata. [cry]

Reading at the confusion , i guess you have to get something straight before choosing a vehicle.
Number of seats will directly be proportional to the size of the vehicle.

People are to be carried with comfort and not like herds.
So to provide minimal comfort to the passengers the size of the vehicle will be larger.

If compact dimensions is a priority look for hatches.

If an MPV is a priority , then a compromise is to be sought for the size of the vehicle.

Looking at all the criteria, i think ertiga fits your bill.

Based on your requirements, Ertiga fits perfectly. I feel you should give it one more shot & let you dad have one more test-drive of the Ertiga. Since you want to buy in June, you can wait for Chevy Enjoy & then compare between it & Ertiga.

Thread Starter #12
Re: Planning MUV / SUV / MPV:Now even the hatches considered. Confusion Begins!

Reading at the confusion , i guess you have to get something straight before choosing a vehicle.
Number of seats will directly be proportional to the size of the vehicle.

People are to be carried with comfort and not like herds.
So to provide minimal comfort to the passengers the size of the vehicle will be larger.
You made me think Superbad, yes i too feel the same, so now what we have planned is, we do not have the budget (which means 11-12 lakhs, not on loan too) to buy a nice luxurious MPV where we can travel comfortably, so a planning to have a diesel hatch at-least for two years,so then we could get the said funds for a nice MUV. what say?

Based on your requirements, Ertiga fits perfectly. I feel you should give it one more shot & let you dad have one more test-drive of the Ertiga. Since you want to buy in June, you can wait for Chevy Enjoy & then compare between it & Ertiga.
I respect Ertiga for its utility, but somewhere somehow my father is not ready to test-drive it again, so i fear that he would not be that happy if we own it for the rest of the ownership, moreover he is the one who trips very often, so he is the person who should get maximum out of it.

Quanto is on the line whether to consider or not.

Now people don't chase me, our mind turned towards owning a beat TDCI for two years and then get the best MPV, by that time our budget can go up which means we have lot of options in the market and will be free to select the car of our choice.

We do not intend to keep our baby alto because we really cannot afford the fuel price and bored of driving the same car, while diesel makes sense so that i could take it often to my work and whenever we want to trip we could take it without giving a second thought.

Why beat?
Comes well within our budget and fuel efficiently kills our high raising bills and less cost to maintain. What say?

i have read beat is good to drive in cities but would struggle on highways along ghats.

keep your options open for a sail sedan or sail uva if opting for a hatch.
i am suggesting this because of the 3 years hassle free maintenance.

else if A$$ of Tata is good look for a vista d90. and press hard for discounts.[;)]
not to forget their AMC package too.

your decision is on practical lines.
no point extending your budget and then going under debt.

Thread Starter #14

i have read beat is good to drive in cities but would struggle on highways along ghats.

keep your options open for a sail sedan or sail uva if opting for a hatch.
i am suggesting this because of the 3 years hassle free maintenance.

your decision is on practical lines.
no point extending your budget and then going under debt.
If it is going to be an hatch it will be under 6.50 lakhs price range so there are little options in this budget, the Beat LS(6.10) or LT(6.60) OTR and the Vista LS(6.13) or LX(6.60) OTR, not sure whether they are giving discounts for the Vista and don't know if the offer will hold on till June.

Moreover the plans are to keep the car for not more than 2 years (or less), so we do not need a car with bells and whistles,lesser the variant, good it is.

instead of going for D90, i would easily buy off the Quanto C4.

else if A$$ of Tata is good look for a vista d90. and press hard for discounts.[;)]
not to forget their AMC package too.
The good A.S.S center for Tata is around 25kms away from my home, i have to spend half a day too!

Last edited:

@Vishwas, as already everyone has mentioned Ertiga D should be the unanimous choice for you.

It is a very good car for city/highway ride. Only parking will be a concern in tight city lanes.

It comes with 30K discount now and its available off the shelf with major dealers.
Source - Maruti Suzuki New Car Special Price Offers and Discounts in Bangalore

Cheers,
Anshuman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom