Planning To Buy Hatchback. Shall I Go For WagonR?

Thread Starter #1
I am planning to buy a new hatchback not more than 5 lacs. But I am unable to decide where to go. I am very much confuse with i10 sportz and New WagonR Vxi model considering performance, looks, durability and after sale servicing. Can anyone (preferably a person with neutrality) advice me where to go? Shall I go to Wagon or i10? Please.

I am planning to buy a new hatchback not more than 5 lacs. But I am unable to decide where to go. I am very much confuse with i10 sportz and New WagonR Vxi model considering performance, looks, durability and after sale servicing. Can anyone (preferably a person with neutrality) advice me where to go? Shall I go to Wagon or i10? Please.
As a person with absolute neutrality, let me try to answer your dilemma:

Performance - i10
Looks - Subjective. One person's geese is other person's gander. You decide what works for you.
Durability - i10
After Sales Servicing - Wagon R.
Shall I go for WagonR or i10? Go for WagonR.

Re: Planning to buy hatchback, shall I go to WagonR?

One other thing to note here is if you have elderly people at home, who also travels with you in car, then Wagon R is best suited because of it's high seating position and ease of ingress and outgress. [;)]

Hmm,

It is easy to decide this, if you want space,performance,low maintenance,proved,good FE,no nonsense car, no problem it looks like a box, then eyes closed go for Wagon R[clap]

If you want something else, then please specify the same where we could try and post most suitable to that criteria

If you could be more specific with your needs and requirement we can suggest you options to look for.
BTW your profile already shows you own a WagonR, so is it a upgrade to current ride??

I10 anyday man. And I own a wagonR so i guess i am neutral enough. I10 is way smoother,better built and safer I guess.

I would have suggested i10 if only the steering was better.
My friend's i10 steering is shockingly erratic. Becomes loose on turns, tight on straight lines, sometimes more tight on turns, again loose on straight lines.

I own WagonR too, steering even though not a delight but is much consistent than i10.

Please test drive i10 before you buy.

I using wagon r daily. Its a good hatch available in the market. After using it more than 2 years i do not regret my decision to buy Wagon R.

Due to the height you feel specious inside but there is some body roll while cornering and the ride is somewhat bumpy at rear if you compare it with Swift. So do consider this factors while your purchase.

Thread Starter #10
Thanks a lot for your attention! Yes, as I've purchased used wagonr (type-II) and I used for about one year. Now I sold it. But I am still in the side of wagon. It is also learnt that the company has launched a facelift wagon recently and considering the price I may go to Wagon R. However, I am still doubt about its performance in a hilly area, where I live. As we all know that the engine is smaller than the previous models. Anyway, thanks for your advice.

Yes the old one had a 16valve four pot motor and the new ones got a 3 pot one. But the new one makes five more horses. Anyways,I10 kappa is quicker.

Yes the kappa is a 1.2 four cylinder motor. Waggy old one was 1.1 four cylinder and the new kseries is a 1L three cylinder car.

I am still doubt about its performance in a hilly area, where I live. As we all know that the engine is smaller than the previous models.
Aizwal should pose no problems for the 1 litre K series. Please understand that its not as much about bigger or smaller engine as it is about driveability of the engine i.e. torque. Next time you step out, stop a current model Wagon R's owner and ask him how good or bad it is to drive in a place like Aizwal.

That said, almost all current petrol cars suffer from poor driveability at lower revs. The 1.1 litre i10 (with the Santro's eRLX engine) would fare better in this regard.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #15
Finally, I bought i 10 Kappa2 Sportz for Rs. 482,662/- After furnishing by a number of necessities like mat flap, rain guard, fog lamps, security alarm etc including Insurance and lifetime road tax I spent around Rs. 5.2 lacs. I hope it will serve my needs.

Top Bottom