New Car Under 5 Lakh

Thread Starter #1
Hello everyone,

My uncle wants to buy a new car. He is a retired NRI & now currently here. He owned a Jeep Wrangler in UAE & he pretty much loved the solid, rigid & safe feeling inside it. So first, he preferred a jeep which looked something like that & he wanted it solid. He got his eyes on the Bolero & he was quite impressed. But since, he is not in a financial stage to buy a Bolero, he is currently looking for a small hatchback for under 5 lakh.
He is not an auto maniac or something. He wants a car which has good comfort & decent performance. And would prefer low maintenance too. All in all, a normal average car [;)].
He has shortlisted the Ritz & WagonR. I have also suggested him the Brio. Since he doesn't know much about the cars. He wants to have the better one out of the lot.

So, guys, what do you think? Is there any other vehicle in your mind?
Would prefer TAI'ians expert opinions too. [:)]

Note: He hasn't decided when to buy the car. So, upcoming launches won't mind! [:)]

Brio is good
Beat

i would say its cheep but when it comes to safety its not as bad as few 3.5 lakh worth car(s) yes am talking about Nano

someone who driven a jeep will never feel happy with the listed cars, check if your uncle is okey for a second hand bolero

350Z

Core Team
So first, he preferred a jeep which looked something like that & he wanted it solid. He got his eyes on the Bolero & he was quite impressed. But since, he is not in a financial stage to buy a Bolero, he is currently looking for a small hatchback for under 5 lakh.
No hatchback can substitute the ‘Jeep’ thing. He might want to consider a Thar DI 4x2 if possible to stretch the budget. It should cost < 5.5 Lakh (On-Road) in KL.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Hello everyone,

My uncle wants to buy a new car. He is a retired NRI & now currently here. He owned a Jeep Wrangler in UAE & he pretty much loved the solid, rigid & safe feeling inside it. So first, he preferred a jeep which looked something like that & he wanted it solid. He got his eyes on the Bolero & he was quite impressed. But since, he is not in a financial stage to buy a Bolero, he is currently looking for a small hatchback for under 5 lakh.
He is not an auto maniac or something. He wants a car which has good comfort & decent performance. And would prefer low maintenance too. All in all, a normal average car [;)].
He has shortlisted the Ritz & WagonR. I have also suggested him the Brio. Since he doesn't know much about the cars. He wants to have the better one out of the lot.

So, guys, what do you think? Is there any other vehicle in your mind?
Would prefer TAI'ians expert opinions too. [:)]

Note: He hasn't decided when to buy the car. So, upcoming launches won't mind! [:)]
DI Engine Bollero's which are awesome machines would be available in a well maintained condition in 4.5 to 5 L and as your uncle felt Ritz is not a bad option you can buy a sparingly used well maintained Ritz ZXI for 5L, then both I mentioned above were second buy

If you are more into buying a new car I would also ask him to look on to WagonR the new one it really looks promising with good interiors and its reliable too, my personal call would be to stay away from Nano as it neither here nor there

Thread Starter #6
Wagon r , i10 , beat , spark and hyundai eon , alto 800 , santro come in mind.
Hmm. I10, eon, spark & alto 800. Am not much interested. Santro is a bit old!

Brio is good
Beat

i would say its cheep but when it comes to safety its not as bad as few 3.5 lakh worth car(s) yes am talking about Nano

someone who driven a jeep will never feel happy with the listed cars, check if your uncle is okey for a second hand bolero
Oh. No No, No Nano.
Well, yeah, second hand will do. But I am a bit concerned about the second hand. I always preferred a new vehicle especially in the case of diesel.
And his wife isn't allowing him to take the Bolero. I guess that's the reason why he is going for a hatchback now. She's making excuses to avoid that even though he is not listening. [:D]

No hatchback can substitute the ‘Jeep’ thing. He might want to consider a Thar DI 4x2 if possible to stretch the budget. It should cost < 5.5 Lakh (On-Road) in KL.

Drive Safe,
350Z
That's true. Nothing substitutes the Jeep. The one he had was a 2012 Jeep Wrangler 4-door. I have asked him about the Thar but he denied it since there is no proper rear seat (only side seats).

DI Engine Bollero's which are awesome machines would be available in a well maintained condition in 4.5 to 5 L and as your uncle felt Ritz is not a bad option you can buy a sparingly used well maintained Ritz ZXI for 5L, then both I mentioned above were second buy

If you are more into buying a new car I would also ask him to look on to WagonR the new one it really looks promising with good interiors and its reliable too, my personal call would be to stay away from Nano as it neither here nor there
Okay, I will check about the Bolero. Also, isn't it possible to get the new Ritz for under 5L or so. The LXI version? I am not quite sure about the prices.
Well, I feel he should go for either WagonR or Ritz. Hmm, let me talk to him the next time I see him and will let you people know. [:)]

He is a retired elderly person. If I think about long term practicality than Brio AT and Ritz AT come in my mind as suggestion for him.

Hi Jihu123,

Wagon R is a very good vehicle (except for highway) and gives a decent FE with K10 motor.

If diesel is the requirement, you can consider RitzD, BeatD, FigoD or VistaD

But you would get only base models <5L

Thanks,
Anshuman

Thread Starter #9
He is a retired elderly person. If I think about long term practicality than Brio AT and Ritz AT come in my mind as suggestion for him.
haven't talked to him about that. Thanks for reminding! [thumbswink]

Hi Jihu123,

Wagon R is a very good vehicle (except for highway) and gives a decent FE with K10 motor.

If diesel is the requirement, you can consider RitzD, BeatD, FigoD or VistaD

But you would get only base models <5L

Thanks,
Anshuman
Hmm. Thanks. But which do you think is better among the petrol Ritz & WagonR?

Thread Starter #11
Update
He bought a new bolero & got it yesterday. I was really surprised coz he said to me that he didn't have the budget for a bolero. I was shocked to hear the news.

His wife wanted the vehicle to be in black colour but unfortunately the black has got a waiting period of 3 months. Since my uncle wanted to take it before his house warming which is next week. He decided to settle for White full option bolero with alloys, vinyls & some more accessories. I haven't seen the vehicle to specify all the accessories installed. [:(]

He liked the vehicle very much & was really impressed. But yesteray, he seemed to have kicked the accelerator all the way till 80-90kmph. Was a bit disappointed to hear that. After reaching home since the vehicle was big, it was a bit hard to enter through the front gate. So it took some extra time to negotiate through it in 1st & reverse gear. After switching the ignition off, it seems he noticed a tyre burn kind of smell from the engine. He is worried now. Any ideas why it happened?

Congrats on the Bolero, thats a big shift from looking for a hatchback under 5L.

New cars tend to emit mild burning smell from engines , maybe others in forum can point out exact cause.

Thanks,
Anshuman

...After reaching home since the vehicle was big, it was a bit hard to enter through the front gate. So it took some extra time to negotiate through it in 1st & reverse gear. After switching the ignition off, it seems he noticed a tyre burn kind of smell from the engine. He is worried now. Any ideas why it happened?
Looks like clutch burning smell.
Since he was fighting with gears to make the vehicle enter in the house, its very much possible that he ended up burning some juice from clutch.

Thread Starter #14
Looks like clutch burning smell.
Since he was fighting with gears to make the vehicle enter in the house, its very much possible that he ended up burning some juice from clutch.
hmm. That looks like a valid reason!
Should the vehicle get checked?

Top Bottom