Replacing Maruti 800 with Alto K10?

Thread Starter #1
Guys
we plan to replace our 18 yr old maruti 800 with a new small petrol car.
Is alto K10 best choice [confused]

350Z

Core Team
we plan to replace our 18 yr old maruti 800 with a new small petrol car. Is alto K10 best choice
K10 is indeed a fantastic option to replace Maruti 800. Although it’s impossible to suggest the ‘best choice’ without knowing exact requirements and budget.

Drive Safe,
350Z

I have driven one of my customer's car K10 2011 model, for over 50kms in a single day. I feel the car vibrates a lot with AC on below 60kmph after that the engine is smooth. If the RPM needle is close to 1000RPM you will have to wait for a few seconds before power actually kicks in.

The above experience could be a one of case, however it was a fully serviced car driven only 17000kms.

Regular Alto (not sure if it is still available) is still the reliable work horse. If not try considering Alto 800/ Hyundai EON.

Thread Starter #6
Raja
I already bought dezire LDI na last year. Now i only need a petrol car for small distances for my father

Hey Vaibhav as a K10 owner I can say for small distances the car is great with low running costs with good power and pick-up however it is quite cramped on the inside. If it is just 2 people in the front it is just fine however if you plan to take more than 2 people regularly I would suggest to look else where as the back seats are a torture for longer duration. The car sits a little low so ingress and egress for your father may be an issue (just my observation). Have a look at the great looking Hyundai EON as well yes it is only a 800cc but its not all that bad as I have driven that as well and the power with AC is fine for city use and I think the Dlite+ variant might also be in your budget.

Hope this helps [:)]

How about chevy spark,its a nice small but fun to drive car,would be spacious, more of headroom,ingress outgress would be much better then an alto, with discounts available it would be a good option for your M800 to replace.Also later on you do have a choice of fitting cng/lpg as well.

I think you made the right choice. Wagon R is the perfect City car easy to parking, easy get in and out and decent FE.

Why are you opting for VXI and not LXI CNG version ?

Great choice, your father will be delighted with the ease of entry and exit.
a great car. are you opting for ABS?

Top Bottom