Most VFM Diesel Car Under Rs.9 Lakh Budget

Thread Starter #1
Hello Friends, I don’t know such thread is already running or not and I even searched for similar thread but not found on TAI, So decided to talk about these two cars.

I’m planning to Buy a Good FE hatchback with excellent drivability in 2nd or 3rd quarter of this year.

I had driven both these cars for many miles and I’m going to right my view first and my concerns later,
Depending on my concern please write your opinion or experience so I can decide with less headache.

Swift: I had driven both old and new model of SWIFT both are excellent.
 FE: is good in new swift my friend getting 18 to 20 kmpl
 Drivability: Is good but feels like sitting inside bucket
 Visibility: good no issue
 Handling: Not good as FIGO(my opinion based on my driving style)
 Clutch: Very nice and easy to push
 Brake: ok no issues
 Acceleration: I found it good no reason to say –ve
 Gear shift: very short and being a safari owner found it difficult to differentiate 1st and 3rd gear some times.
 Features: VDI got nothing it feels naked.
 Space: front row is fine and 2nd row is bad but not worst.
 GC: I think its ok compared to FIGO
 Service costs: Old swift was very cheap to maintain but I don’t know about new swift.

Figo: I had driven Duratorq EXI model of Figo for around 400 km till now.
 FE: is good we got around 19kmpl in our trip, not sure in dense city traffic.
 Drivability: for me it is Better than Swift I can say
 Visibility: good but feels like I’m sitting on floor.
 Handling: very nice car to drive around the corners,
 Clutch: typical ford like and I’m impressed
 Brake: excellent for this car
 Acceleration: I found it bit sporty compared to swift
 Gear shift: I’m very comfortable with this
 Features: Loaded with good features, swift VDI never come closer to this, only issue is with read door windows
 Space: bit difficult to get into driver seat and co-driver seat but 2nd row is very spacious compared to swift.
 GC: I never had any problem but people says it is very bad
 Service cost: I have no idea, please put some light on it.

Impression so far:

Swift:
Positives:
o excellent Quality vehicle,
o tension free to maintain,
o Excellent demand for used car,
o Excellent FE
o Good road presence
o Nice cabin
o Better GC than Figo

Negatives:
o For 7.5+ lac we get almost zero features
o No music system
o No steering mounted controllers

Figo:
Positives/compared to swift:
o Quality is ok but not sure how good it is in front of swift
o I don’t know about long term maintainability of this car (people put some light here)
o I don’t know about ford resale value, in fact I don’t care since I going to use this car minimum 4 years
o Excellent FE
o Road presence is equally good compared to other premium hatchbacks
o Cabin is good but low slung made me put some effort to get into car
o Feature are excellent for 7.2 lac on road Bangalore it will outshine Swift ZDI in all angles

Negatives:
o Ground clearance is the major issue for me, since I’m a SUV drive I may forget which vehicle I’m driving
People please pay attention here, please let me
know How can I increase GC if I buy this car and still
maintain warranty on suspension and bumpers.
o
I guess Ford is not good as Marathi in terms of A.S.S
o I guess spares are costlier than Marathi

Friends please clear my doubts(are highlighted) with good knowledge sharing since I never tasted FORD in my life.

Re: Ford Figo Duratorq Titanum Vs Swift VDI

Figo sales are not stable in every months. At the launch time they are good but now they are declining. But Swift sales are almost stable. The sales figure can reveal something in my opinion..
Figo is an all rounder in my opinion. It has space,dynamics,FE,good engine.
Swift for Maruthi's hazzle free ownership with less space and features..[:)]

@Ranger,

If your purchase is in 2nd or 3rd quarter, then wait for a while for your selection as new models will get launched and also budget session is ahead. So at the moment I reject both cars for many reasons [:)]

Yes like Raja told in his post wait for ES and also think for such a car man !! not these low seating and cramped boxes any more, look for a big one, you are presently driving a Safari, ok

Wait check the ecosport and then decide .
+1 wait for ecosport. I am also looking for a diesel car & was considering swift, i20 etc.. But then decided to wait for ecosport.
Between figo titanium & swift vdi, i think ABS/Airbag will be the main advantage for figo titanium.

i agree with the previous comment
do wait for ecosport which comes with better GC
latest avatar (looks) more space (comparing to other hatchbacks)

MrRanger - PFB my in line comments in Bold.

Feature are excellent for 7.2 lac on road Bangalore it will outshine Swift ZDI in all angles

This is the game changer for Figo. If you want to VFM car, nothing other than Figo or Vista available in the market as of now.

Ground clearance is the major issue for me, since I’m a SUV drive I may forget which vehicle I’m driving

That's something you have to practice. May be with couple of scrapings you will obviously... :)

People please pay attention here, please let me know How can I increase GC if I buy this car and still maintain warranty on suspension and bumpers.

I don't think so. On the other hand, to me GC is a debatable issue. The lesser GC directly translates to better riding and cornering capabilities. That's one key reason that you feel the car hugs the road well while at higher speeds too. However, as every +ve comes with a -ve, it's compromised on the underbody / Mud Flap scrapping. But, to over come this, you need to maintain the optimal air pressure all the time and be gentle with Speed Breakers, when fully loaded. Anyways, you have no escape if you are in Bangalore, as these are not Speed Breakers but Car Breakers. Not to wonder even if your Safari would kiss the Road.

I guess Ford is not good as Marathi in terms of A.S.S. I guess spares are costlier than Marathi

I have no experience with MASS, so can't comment on it. About the spares and maintenance cost, do we have any data on this point? What I see in Ford Service Centers is in the other way around. They are comparing each part with Swift and have listed a detailed chart in the reception, which works out to be cheaper than Swift.

+100

Ford figo is cheaper to maintain then swift . I have personally seen the spare part list .infact some one had posted it on forum too .

But GC is a issue and in banglore there are way too many speed breakers .

Completely agree with figoian
even am using figo TDCI
maintenance is not costlier than Maruti and not cheaper than TATA
am done with 21k kms and its going great for me figo is anytime trust able
I love to keep driving my figo

Thread Starter #10

Hello Friends Thank you for your response and very sorry for late reply.

Yes I collected all your info and came to this conclusion:
* Though the swift is very good vehicle in terms of Quality and in all aspects but FORD FIGO took some advantage over SWIFT in terms of features, cost.

* Swift is good in GC compared to FORD

Most importantly you guys suggested me to wait for ALIEN BEAUTY ECOSPORT and new arrivals in next 6 months.
I realized that Chevy Sail hatch and Skoda rapid also are good option.

So Im thinking to expand the bandwidth of this thread by making it bit general to get more knowledge from you guys, People lets change this thread name.

@MODs this is my request to change this thread name to which is the more FE and VFM deisel hatch/sedan/Urban SUV for 8 to 9lac range?

Completely agree with figoian
even am using figo TDCI
maintenance is not costlier than Maruti and not cheaper than TATA
am done with 21k kms and its going great for me figo is anytime trust able
I love to keep driving my figo
@ MSN1, Figoian can you please tell me in detail about the A.s.s of figo.
*what is the service cost, labour charges of this car?
*what is the service intervals?

how service people behave with customers, I noticed some unwanted attitude with maruthi guys so Im interested to know your experience

@ RAJA, GURRALA, JOBS do you have any idea about ES expected price ?

@jagrover: can you explain me how you feel about these two vehicles if you keep this sales figure issue aside

Last edited:

@ MSN1, Figoian can you please tell me in detail about the A.s.s of figo.
*what is the service cost, labor charges of this car?
have done three services along with oil change and other liquid changes it never reached more than 2000 per service, and spares do i found okay with the price. almost after a year, in my car 1 among the 4 injectors gone faulty (thats a rare case scenario). the spare + labour bill came close to 18000 but ford did it free of cost as it was not some part which customer can damage, with no argument from my end on finding of the fault they directly agreed not able to determine how it was gone bad so they taken responsibility and waived off the entire service bill amount
*what is the service intervals?
for figo 1st service 2500, 2nd service at 10,000 followed which every service interval is 10,000 kms once
how service people behave with customers, I noticed some unwanted attitude with maruthi guys so Im interested to know your experience[
am going with metro ford banglore till date i found their service at the best and customer care, giving service reminders, other service related offer remainders are good, don't trust me customer service is 75 % depends up on the specific dealers attitude

@ RAJA, GURRALA, JOBS do you have any idea about ES expected price ?

@jagrover: can you explain me how you feel about these two vehicles if you keep this sales figure issue aside

my replies are in bold

another rare case scenario on new swift
one of my neighbor hits some bad speed hump on his new swift it has a fiber fuel tank on the spot lot of petrol poured on the road as the tank got a big hole as he hits over the bad speed breaker at high speed as it was a fiber tank no tinting or welding is not possible, tank has to be replaced completed and hope you know the insurance cover is less than 25 % claimable to plastic and fiber parts

Last edited:

one of my neighbor hits some bad speed hump on his new swift it has a fiber fuel tank on the spot lot of petrol poured on the road as the tank got a big hole as he hits over the bad speed breaker at high speed as it was a fiber tank no tinting or welding is not possible, tank has to be replaced completed and hope you know the insurance cover is less than 25 % claimable to plastic and fiber parts
If this what happened then ask you neighbor to count the lucky star. It is a safety hazards. forgot about insurance, what would happened if those broken parts create a spark while he tries to move?
BTW I have heard that swift's fuel tank is made of a plastic which can't be broken easily. It is a kind of flexible one which may gets dented but won't be ripped open..

Thread Starter #13

my replies are in bold

Nice to know that ford replaced one of the injector without making noise with you, I like this kind of attitude.
between did ford people said any thing about failure cause?

Did you get any free services?

About swift I didnt know the fuel tank has no protection and I really feel this is the rare case like you.
what kind of insurance your friend has? is it Zreo D or Normal one. I guess even if it is Zero D then also they put exception on plastics, bumpers etc

If this what happened then ask you neighbor to count the lucky star. It is a safety hazards. forgot about insurance, what would happened if those broken parts create a spark while he tries to move?
BTW I have heard that swift's fuel tank is made of a plastic which can't be broken easily. It is a kind of flexible one which may gets dented but won't be ripped open..

Sukanta, Are you sure that this fuel tank has more elasticity ? I guess some Sharpe stone break into the tank. as you said MSN1s friend is a lucky guy.

Last edited:

Nice to know that ford replaced one of the injector without making noise with you, I like this kind of attitude.
between did ford people said any thing about failure cause?

Did you get any free services?

About swift I didnt know the fuel tank has no protection and I really feel this is the rare case like you.
what kind of insurance your friend has? is it Zreo D or Normal one. I guess even if it is Zero D then also they put exception on plastics, bumpers etc
as i love to drive my car i felt slight lag in pickup while accelerating hard and some times misfiring like a shooting gun made me sent the vehicle to go to their service center the usual servicing guy was not able to find any fault even on day two, i asked them and even spoken to ford helpdesk then they send some device that was connected to ODB port and with few more devices which am not sure about, they done some tests for almost more than 5 or 6 hours after that they determined it as one injector was faulty

told me it may be due to some bad quality fuel

while renewing my insurance last month i found a question in the form that has a check box to select if car equipped with fiber fuel tank

Thread Starter #15

as i love to drive my car i felt slight lag in pickup while accelerating hard and some times misfiring like a shooting gun made me sent the vehicle to go to their service center the usual servicing guy was not able to find any fault even on day two, i asked them and even spoken to ford helpdesk then they send some device that was connected to ODB port and with few more devices which am not sure about, they done some tests for almost more than 5 or 6 hours after that they determined it as one injector was faulty

told me it may be due to some bad quality fuel

while renewing my insurance last month i found a question in the form that has a check box to select if car equipped with fiber fuel tank
Which is your usual fuel pump station? I use only Indian Oil for my safari what about you, do you think fuel type is the reason?

I guess this is unexpected issue for ford too so they took more time.

Top Bottom