Want a Diesel Car Under 6 Lakhs On Road

Thread Starter #1
Hey HI

As you can seen the title i want to change petrol to Diesel due to higher price of petrol

> My Budget: (6 Lakh)on Road

> New or Used: (New & Suggest Used Also)

>My Location: (Bharuch,Gujarat,India)

>Comfort, Low Maintenance, Design, Luggage Space

>Monthly Running: Between 1,000 – 1,200 Kms

> Type of Fuel: Diesel

> For What Purpose: Regular Use

> Seating Capacity: 5

Recently I have M Alto k10. its to small for me and my family

Last edited:
I have seen a television show recently in which the anchor was mentioning that the diesel cars will worth only if you have more than 2500 km to cover in amonth. He was mentioning by assessing the speculations on current and future diesel prices. It was an automobile related show anchored by a well known auto-journelist
just for you to think as you mentioned your monthly running is less than 1250 km per month

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
i agree with gns_blr. you can get a premium petrol hatchback. with only 1000 kilometers run the break-even point | you will recover the diesel car amount in 4-5 years.

so just think twice if you really want to go for a diesel or not.

Thread Starter #4
I agree Both of u guys Now Tell me The RIght now im confused ...diesel aur Go for Petrol :( ...my Father also give his option it a CNG car. but if i get hatch back then lost the Boot space...and CNG station is not available in some city of state..thats y i choose diesel now point is petrol or diesel or CNG now once again tell me ur opinion

I would say go for Vista VX, It may cost you 6.5l OTR but is the most vfm diesel hatch. Else look at figo zxi or vista lx as they dont have ABS and some other features.

First make your mind sedan or hatch?
And regarding petrol vs diesel. Uf running is more than 1500 kmpm then go for diesel, else buy petrol.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
first discuss this with your father , tell him the same that we are suggesting you.

under 6 lakhs i think you can only get ritz and indica vista. indica vista is a good car so is ritz but i think ritz is less spacious than vista.

Even Beat Diesel in an option under 6 lakhs. But personally, beat is an option when price matters first preference. From my experience (dorve it just twice, 30 km maximum) beat will sometimes ask you to work hard and judge precisely to overtake in a fast moving high way.
No offence to beat fans/owners. Its my personal opinion.

Considering your running, I don't think Diesel is a good option especially after all that's happening now with the subsidy issue. Diesel might increase any moment now! [sleep]

Thread Starter #11
Okay Guys From My father Side he likes The tata Indica Vista & MS Swift(he Is Fan oF Swift ) But i want to know Which one Has The Big Space For Seating And comfort i check many sites but vista and swift has now in new shape personally i like both car but yar "TATA khi Khatara na hojaye " my Heart say some like that And maruti Build quality is poor i saw in some Review the huge gap on body panel Etc..my Heart say some like that ok..now...i heard some problem about the Vista ..sometimes ignition not Working..i seen one of my cousin vista..and what about the tata ASS it is like "Jol jal "

guys I want to buy near June.... and this time i don't want to Mistake For Choosing the Car.i stay with New CAr minimum 5 Years..

Last edited:
If the tata is khatara,then so is the swift. Both have the same Fiat Multijet engine. In terms of space and comfort,Vista is better. Its a good car man,go for it.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
i used to feel the same about tata but members at TAI and my personal experience with vista completely changed my views.

and as theferrarifan said , engine's the same and OMG i loved the sitting position. i mean for my height 5"11 the sitting position was awesome , just amazing.

just go and take a test drive. i'll suggest you to take TD around april or if you can live with all those calls from showroom then you can go tomorrow [:D]

jokes apart. tata has improved a lot. the width of the car is just 5mm less than the verna [surprise] it's spacious.

swift's boot is small. haven't looked at indica's boot so can't say.

but yeah many people say tata's ASS is not that good. don't know much. i think every SC guys just fools customer in replacing parts.

Last edited:
Tata A.S.S. has had a bad reputation, I would say ask some Vista/manza owners in your town and ask them about the service. Or better go to service centre and catch some customers there may be for service and ask them how they rate the dealers service.

I know it is a wierd suggestion but as you are making an investment, you have the the right to consider every aspect of it.

Swift is not a spacious car, ritz is better.
But, if space is your concern then Vista it is. Slightly expensive alternative is Figo.
Test drive vista and swift/ritz now.

Edit: if you go for petrol then go for ritz

Last edited:
Mustan,

I own Vista VX for past 10months and covered 20K Kms. So far I've not faced any issues with Vista.

The Space, Comfort and Mileage are the most important factors of Vista. Boot space is bigger when compare to Swift.The 232 litres of boot space in the Tata Vista exceeded the Swift’s by 28 litres.

If you want Performance and great Handling, Go for Swift. It is a great handling car and a good performer.

If you want space, ride Quality go for Vista VX.

In-case of choosing petrol, got for Ritz.

Top Bottom