Originally Posted by jeno_turbo
Its been months since the last post in this Thread. I just wanted to know how your car is doing, and any problems you faced in the mean time ?
And im also confused about which Engine does the LnK Laura uses ? 1.9 PD 105,or the 2.0 PD 140 ?
Hello Jeno and sorry for late reply.My car is 1.9 PD.The old Laura that i have, had only 1 engine in India and thats 1.9 PD 105hp.No other diesel engine was available and there was no Petrol option at all as far as I know. The car is doing good. I don't really drive alot. Its been more than a year and i have only done 79000KM on the odo. And i bought the car at around 73000Km. Thats only 6000Km in more than a year.And for the problems I've faced and how i feel about the car I'll explain in points.
1. I had to get the compressor changed. But than again its a problem with all Lauras and well i had it coming.
2. I had to get rid of 18 Inch alloys thanks to my elder brother who has the ability to destroy a low profile tyre in just 100 kms. Out of those 6000 kilemoters that I've driven my brother only drove like 500 Kms and i had to buy 2 new tyres. There goes my dream of 19 or 20 inch rims
.Then i got new 225/50/17 just to show him that i love him more than Rims.
3. I had to get new rear bushes and rear left HUB.
4. I have an Error showing on the Dash Board 'Emissions Workshop' my mechanic said that its not that big of a problem and i can get i fixed when ever i have time. Its there from last 3-4 months and i don't feel anything different while driving.
5. I drove the car on damaged tyre for about 500-700 KMs. The tyre was kind of swollen that cause the car to shake as it moved. So i had to get new Link rod and now my axel makes noise. i will replace that too.
6. I wish that the car had more power. Again its not really a negative point as the car has quite sufficient acceleration but i really wish that it had 50-60 more horses.
7. I get 9-12 KM/L fuel efficency. I don't know if its only my car or does all Lauras give that figures. It doesn't really matter to me and it's not a negative point for me cause of my low running but i thought this may help someone who is planning on a Laura. Again this is a 1.9 PD.
1. I had never felt even slightest body roll with 215/35/18. But with 225/50/17 I do sometimes feel very very little body roll on high speeds. The car has good control.
2. When I bought the car I thought that it has so many useless features like Heating Seats, leather all around and much more stuff. But now I can't live without this stuff. This car really spoiled me.
3.I am always happy in the car.
4. Few days back I was coming back home and an old man just banged into my car with his Alto. He didn't even tried to stop. Then i realized that he accidentally pressed the accelerator except for the brake.
(Why me why is it always the good guys.) I had never heard sounds like that before. That bang on impact then that sound when he kept grinding his car against mine for like 10 seconds. But when I got out to see the damage it was just few scratches. Its all gone after Rubbing. Its almost like nothing ever happened. Long story short Skoda has Superb Build Quality.
Thats all I can think of right now.I tried to summarize my experience and the problems i've faced with the car.
How much have you driven you car Jeno and hows your car doing?