Strange Problem: Honda Brio SMT or Chevy Beat LS (TCDi)

Thread Starter #1
Hi friends this is vinpat planning to buy my first car . I am not able to decide between brio smt and beat ls tcdi i am going to keep the car for 4 years or 40000 km . The price difference between the two in my town is 70000rs after discounts (this includes 15000rs for BEAT ICE ) kindly help me THANKS IN ADVANCE

Last edited:
Thread Starter #3
Re: Strange problem BRIO SMT or BEAT LS TCDI

Hi Dharmesh the problem is my monthly usage is not fixed it varies from 300km to 1500km thats why i have decided to sell it whenever odo reads 40000km . i just want to know if it is worth paying rs 70k more for beat diesel now

So as per you either 4 years or 40000 KM. So we can take it as a 10000 KM per year. SO close your eyes and buy Brio. [:D].

Now as diesel prices are regulated, there won't be much benefits you would be getting buying diesel car, if monthly usage is low. But beat diesel will surely give you great FE figures. [:D]

I would still say go with Brio.

Vinpat, would u be driving alone all the time,
what max number of passengers would be travelling with you,how frequently.
Your shortlisted vehicles are two different ones,let us know more about your requirements the roads you need to travel on routine basis,highway,city usage.
And with the mindset of selling your car in 40k kms i would suggest you to go for brio as well.

So as per you either 4 years or 40000 KM. So we can take it as a 10000 KM per year. SO close your eyes and buy Brio. [:D].

Now as diesel prices are regulated, there won't be much benefits you would be getting buying diesel car, if monthly usage is low. But beat diesel will surely give you great FE figures. [:D]

I would still say go with Brio.
+100, I agree with Dharmesh here, and Beat is under powered with 3 cylinder and not suitable for highway drive. Brio is a bliss man with Honda reliability and a very peppy car, so you can just go for it without any doubt[:)]

Thread Starter #7
I am also inclined towards brio only but uncertainty over my monthly usage is making me explore other options.

Thread Starter #9
Just got a call from chevrolet dealer he has 2012 MY BEAT TCDI LS i have taken two days time . What cash discount should i ask for previous year model

Just got a call from chevrolet dealer he has 2012 MY BEAT TCDI LS i have taken two days time . What cash discount should i ask for previous year model
Apart from Insurance free, you should ask for atleast Rs.15-25 K (depending upon corporate discount within this or not). Also please check and see that its atleast Nov/Dec make, not older than that.

Thread Starter #12
Hi friends finally going to book a white honda brio smt .on road 5.25 lac getting free insurance , 10k loyalty bonus,5k corporate discount,teflon coat and essential kit friends do you think its a good deal ? Especially considering this is karnataka where owning a car is a grave sin

Hi friends finally going to book a white honda brio smt .on road 5.25 lac getting free insurance , 10k loyalty bonus,5k corporate discount,teflon coat and essential kit friends do you think its a good deal ? Especially considering this is karnataka where owning a car is a grave sin
Teflon coating doesn't help ask them for reverse sensors instead of that .

Top Bottom