A Fully Loaded Dzire ZDi Or Vento Trendline Diesel

Thread Starter #1
Well forget all that I have discussed about my decision on a new car. Finally we are finding it really tricky to decide between a Dzire Zdi & Vento Trendline Diesel.

Dzire Zdi is around about 8.36 on road n Vento Trendline being of a Dec 2012 make is costing me 8.72 after all the discounts. I want both driving comfort and pleasure as I'll be driving it all the time.

Also guide is it really worth buying a 2012 Dec make Vento when the on road difference between 2013 n 2012 dec make model is 30k?

Well forget all that I have discussed about my decision on a new car. Finally we are finding it really tricky to decide between a Dzire Zdi & Vento Trendline Diesel.

Dzire Zdi is around about 8.36 on road n Vento Trendline being of a Dec 2012 make is costing me 8.72 after all the discounts. I want both driving comfort and pleasure as I'll be driving it all the time.

Also guide is it really worth buying a 2012 Dec make Vento when the on road difference between 2013 n 2012 dec make model is 30k?
Does the Vento come with abs and airbags ?

@Yaha

With eyes closed, buy that Vento which is a real sedan, if not look at Sail UV A sedan. There is no point in buying that half made car Dzire being called as a sedan[lol]

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
the price difference , you buy at 30k less now. when you sell it you'll get 30k less [;)]

it's a vicious circle [:D] get the 2013 model.

Last edited:
The only thing vento is missing is ABS, which is VERY important according to me,and dzire feels a bit overpriced to me for a sub 4 mtr sedan.

I would also recommend you to have a look at chevy sail LT and manza VX or even ertiga, and get a few reviews from about their a.s.s. in your area.

The Vento comes across as a better 'car' than the Dzire but the Trendline is bare basic and going by the VW after sales service horror stories, would also cost a bomb to maintain viz a viz the Dzire. If you are a stickler for no-nonsense ownership experience and think twice before putting your hand in your pocket, the Dzire will be the better car for you. However, to each his own.

The Vento comes across as a better 'car' than the Dzire but the Trendline is bare basic and going by the VW after sales service horror stories, would also cost a bomb to maintain viz a viz the Dzire. If you are a stickler for no-nonsense ownership experience and think twice before putting your hand in your pocket, the Dzire will be the better car for you. However, to each his own.
+100

More on mileage, less maintenance cost,more re-sale,more service options and spares,added safety features as it is an Zdi,go for dezire buddy, the headache and tension of a car owner are very very low with Maruti Suzuki.

But vento is more stable than dezire on highways at high speeds.

If you just want a sedan that is value for money, comfortable to drive and easy on your pocket as far as maintenance is concerned, go for Dzire. As for build quality and stability, it is no match for a Vento. Trendline variant of Vento is a basic model, which a company like VW, renowned for its emphasis on safety should not have introduced at all. No manufacturer can hope to introduce such a variant anywhere in USA, or Europe.It has no ABS or airbags, but then how many people are concerned in India about these safety features. So, If you are one of them, who would like to save some money at the expense of these lifesaving safety features, go for Vento trendline, which is a well built car, fun to drive and handle. If you are keen on these safety features and cannot stretch your budget, then of the two, a fully loaded Dzire is the car for you.

Thread Starter #11
I finally booked a Dzire Zdi in Silver color on 4 march. No delivery date has been given yet, a tentative waiting period of 9-10 weeks is only mentioned on the booking slip.

Anyways Swift Zdi comes with 185/65/r15 tyres of goodyear. Should I upsize the tyres to maybe 195/60 or anything else to improve the ride quality as I think good years arent really that good.
Suggest which one to go for.

I finally booked a Dzire Zdi in Silver color on 4 march. No delivery date has been given yet, a tentative waiting period of 9-10 weeks is only mentioned on the booking slip.

Anyways Swift Zdi comes with 185/65/r15 tyres of goodyear. Should I upsize the tyres to maybe 195/60 or anything else to improve the ride quality as I think good years arent really that good.
Congrats bro.Finally booked Dzire.We have upgraded our Swift too Vento 2 weeks ago.It is a pre worshipped one.It is a 2012 manufactured vehicle.

How much did it cost you?

Congratz dude. Yes if possible please upsize the tyres. Would help you on better grip and handling at cost of little loss of FE. Well other DZire owners can comment better on this. [clap]

You made the correct chooice. Congrats. Be prepared to be rewarded with years of troublefree performance and peace of mind.

The moment you drive it out of the showroom, go straight to a tyre dealer and get new tyres fitted. That ways you will get the best buyback price for your 'new' old tyres. If ride quality is your primary concern, there's nothing better than Michelin Energy XM2/3. Go for 195/65 or 195/60, but not less than that profile. Next choice should be Yokohama DB series.

Top Bottom