Suggest Premium Sedan / SUV. Budget Range: Rs.20 - 21 Lakhs

Thread Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

I am too looking to buy a Premium car (preferably sedan), SUV is also considerable. Budget is 20-21 lakhs. The cars which i am considering are

Hyundai Elantra Diesel
Skoda Superb Petrol
Skoda Yeti 4x4
Renault Fluence Diesel
Honda CRV (if in range).

My requirements are

Comfort & Space
Engine with good driveability
Ride Quality
Handling
Feel good factor.

Comments and inputs are welcome...!!

Re: Suggest Premium car (preferably sedan), possibly SUV Budget range 20-21 lakhs

Read it in Bombay Times that BMW X1 only for 21 Lakhs, Offer valid only till 10th Feb 2013.

Re: Suggest Premium car (preferably sedan), possibly SUV Budget range 20-21 lakhs

Nishant

From your list I vote for

Sedan - Skoda Superb
SUV - Skoda Yeti[:)]

These two will match you all the criteria mentioned

Thread Starter #4

Read it in Bombay Times that BMW X1 only for 21 Lakhs, Offer valid only till 10th Feb 2013.
Offer looks tempting, but will not buy Audi,BMW,Merc because of lack of service centres. I dont have any of them in my city or nearby.
Nishant

From your list I vote for

Sedan - Skoda Superb
SUV - Skoda Yeti[:)]

These two will match you all the criteria mentioned
As you rightly said, Both cars are very good and come with Best in Class Engines. I prefer Yeti because of its small dimensions and Superb for its luxury feel and superior Driving Dynamics. I do have a good deal for MY13 Superb Petrol.

Offer looks tempting, but will not buy Audi,BMW,Merc because of lack of service centres. I dont have any of them in my city or nearby.

As you rightly said, Both cars are very good and come with Best in Class Engines. I prefer Yeti because of its small dimensions and Superb for its luxury feel and superior Driving Dynamics. I do have a good deal for MY13 Superb Petrol.
Personally for a car in that range i would prefer the Superb (though would TD and consider the Fluence as well ).

Honda CRV 2013 is now available in CKD instead of the previous CBU - so it should fall in your range as well(cheaper than before) - have a look though in petrol only (but i am guessing thats not your concern ).

Thread Starter #7

fortuner , rexton , superb
Fortuner is too big and out of Budget. On Road price of Fortuner is 27 lakhs. Rexton is within budget but its only available in Metros.

Personally for a car in that range i would prefer the Superb (though would TD and consider the Fluence as well ).

Honda CRV 2013 is now available in CKD instead of the previous CBU - so it should fall in your range as well(cheaper than before) - have a look though in petrol only (but i am guessing thats not your concern ).

Yes the Superb is in fact the preferred choice. I am getting 2 lakh discount on Ambition / Elegance Petrol. The only concern is that soon it will be face-lifted something which i would wish to wait rather than buying old car.

I will also check out the CRV once its launched. Expecting review soon from TAI.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #9
You have Jetta right?Then why another 20L Car.I suggest you to go for Skoda V-RS.
Yes i have Jetta. But after we sold Swift my father has been using Jetta, he said you buy new car whichever you like but i will use the Jetta. So i am looking for another new Car.

I have ruled out Skoda VRS because it will be discontinued soon. I don't prefer buying a car which will be phased out no matter how good car is. BTW there is 5 lakh discount on VRS on Yellow and Blue colors from the local dealer.

Hi buddy. According to your requirement i would like to suggest SKODA LAURA , SKODA SUPERB OR FLUENCE . Have a safe drive.

Top Bottom