Best Petrol Hatchback Under 7 Lacs

Thread Starter #1
> Your Budget: < 7 lacs

> New or Used: New

> Your Location: Gurgaon

> Top Five Priorities: Safety, Comfort, Mileage, Ride quality.

> Monthly Running: <500 Kms

> Type of Fuel: Petrol

> For What Purpose: Regular Use. To get to my office

> Seating Capacity: Mostly just me.

> Type of Segment: Hatchback

Firstly, welcome to TAI.

Now coming to your thread - If its going to be a petrol, nothing comes close to the Honda Jazz. I am sure even the top model will be in your budget. Go for it. Other good options would be the Hyundai i20 asta, Swift zxi and VW Polo Highline petrol. Shortlist the ones you like and take a Test drive of all of them and see for yourself which one suits you the best.

In 7 lakhs you might consider the Chevy sail sedan , I test drove it and has superb space and ride quality .

And as gm88 has suggested if you are only looking for hatchbacks .

In 7 lakhs you might consider the Chevy sail sedan
+1
Do consider the Chevy Sail Sedan. Its a good looking VFM sedan.

> Top Five Priorities: Safety, Comfort, Mileage, Ride quality.
One name - Polo

There are some cars which have nice ride quality but they lack in high speed stability and handling. Then there are some which have nice handling but they lack in ride quality.

Polo is the car which have balance between both of them. No other car beats it.

Also hear that they recently launched refreshed models with added features and after the refreshed model, they also introduced Auto AC in the Polo. So now Polo has become much more VFM.

Though the FE of petrol version may not be best in its class but still not bad.

Service is also much better in Delhi NCR.

Last edited:
Well Honda JAzz one of the greatest contenders under this budget.

Besides that i would put say Polo is another contender you might want to try.

Take TD of both the cars if possible.

If I were you, I would not bother anyone with questions and just go and buy myself a nice new Honda Jazz.

Go get it buddy. Now!

The catchword now is your 'driving style' wheather it leads to release of ' epinephrine' or it's slow and sedate? Because your profile mentions about fortuner where in release of epinephrine is inevitable.

Also condition of the usually encountered road is important.So please elaborate.

Last edited:
With 7 Lacs you could go for a Feature Packed Honda Jazz.........id also be tempted to have a look at the Skoda Fabia scout (This comes from a proud fabia owner [:D])

id also be tempted to have a look at the Skoda Fabia scout
+1

Fabia is another good choice along with the Polo. Rather being little cheaper then Polo and little more plush feel inside, Fabia is more VFM choice but these days sales of Fabia is low compared to Polo thats why I didn't mention about the Fabia i my earlier post. Otherwise its also a nice car. :D

Thread Starter #10
Guys, thanks a lot for ur valuable suggestions.

@Raja and amippjpr, i am inclined strictly for hatchback only, dont want a sedan even if i can get.

@Tornado, actually this car is not for me, its for my sister (sorry for the confusion created by my first post) and i dont think she is a good driver at all (so definitely not epinephrine). This is the reason why i put safety as the top priority.

After going through all the suggestions, it seems Honda Jazz and Volkswagen Polo are the top options i should choose from.

@PetrolHeadPrash and amippjpr, for fabia i have read somewhere that it has low Ground Clearance (correct me if i am wrong) which i think is not good for indian roads.

Another side question - Lets say if i want to go for Automatic Transmission, then is there any option better than Honda Brio considering my requirements?

Last edited:
Guys, thanks a lot for ur valuable suggestions.

@Raja and amippjpr, i am inclined strictly for hatchback only, dont want a sedan even if i can get.

@Tornado, actually this car is not for me, its for my sister (sorry for the confusion created by my first post) and i dont think she is a good driver at all (so definitely not epinephrine). This is the reason why i put safety as the top priority.

After going through all the suggestions, it seems Honda Jazz and Volkswagen Polo are the top options i should choose from.

@PetrolHeadPrash and amippjpr, for fabia i have read somewhere that it has low Ground Clearance (correct me if i am wrong) which i think is not good for indian roads.

Another side question - Lets say if i want to go for Automatic Transmission, then is there any option better than Honda Brio considering my requirements?
If it is MT, Nothing can beat JAZZ in every aspect. I do not know whether Jazz is offered in AT, but price may go high than your budge.

Yes, Brio AT is awesome car as one of my close aid bought it and really enjoy it(it is also driven by a female) other than this check with Ritz AT too[:)]

@Epinephrine if you are skeptical about ground clearance then cars are not for you because all of them have more or less similar ground clearance. Either think about mini SUVs like Duster, Quanto and upcoming Ecosport.

Polo and Fabia have better ground clearance and cars like Figo and Honda city, Jazz have poorer ground clearance and softer suspension make the situation worst in the Honda cars especially when they are fully loaded. But people manage to drive them as well because they know the limitation of the cars..

Now if you drive carelessly then all the cars the cars are risky in Indian conditions. You can't expect car to behave like SUVs, those are meant for different purpose and different roads.

In the AT, I am unable to recall if there is any car other than Brio and Ritz in this segment.
Does anyone has idea if Sail hatchback comes in AT??

Last edited:
Guys,

@PetrolHeadPrash and amippjpr, for fabia i have read somewhere that it has low Ground Clearance (correct me if i am wrong) which i think is not good for indian roads
Same is true for jazz.
And possibility of jazz discontinuation is high as it eats the space of brio and brio amaze sedan .
AFA ASS is concerned , hondas are far better than vw and skodas especially for a lady.

So brio AT seems to be good option if she can handle the gc properly.

Last edited:
@Epinephrine if you are skeptical about ground clearance then cars are not for you because all of them have more or less similar ground clearance. Either think about mini SUVs like Duster, Quanto and upcoming Ecosport.

Polo and Fabia have better ground clearance and cars like Figo and Honda city, Jazz have poorer ground clearance and softer suspension make the situation worst in the Honda cars especially when they are fully loaded. But people manage to drive them as well because they know the limitation of the cars..

Now if you drive carelessly then all the cars the cars are risky in Indian conditions. You can't expect car to behave like SUVs, those are meant for different purpose and different roads.

In the AT, I am unable to recall if there is any car other than Brio and Ritz in this segment.
Does anyone has idea if Sail hatchback comes in AT??
+100, In this scenario Ritz AT is the best bet as I drove Brio MT in Delhi and felt to slow down at speed breakers other wise it will hit badly[:)]

Top Bottom