I am new to this forum.

I am looking for a Petrol car.
1. Good Average
2. Price 5.5 to 6 lac
3. ABS
4. Air bag
5. Comfortable
6. Low maintain cost

I am looking at Hyundai i20 /i10 , Honda Brio, Ford Figo and Etios Liva.

Please help [thinking]

350Z

Core Team
Welcome aboard, Philip. You have a wide range of choices within this budget. Do let us know the kind of usage first so that we could suggest the most suitable car.

Drive Safe,
350Z

I am new to this forum.

I am looking for a Petrol car.
1. Good Average
2. Price 5.5 to 6 lac
3. ABS
4. Air bag
5. Comfortable
6. Low maintain cost

I am looking at Hyundai i20 /i10 , Honda Brio, Ford Figo and Etios Liva.

Please help [thinking]
Hello Philip. Welcome to The Automotive India.

Okay now, here are YOUR cars on YOUR parameters:

1. Good average: Brio
2. Price 5.5 lakh to 6 lakh: All of the above (apart from top models of i20, Brio, and Liva).
3. ABS: Brio, i10, Figo, Liva (under Rs 6 lakhs).
4. Airbags: Brio, i10, Figo, Liva (under Rs. 6 lakhs).
5. Comfortable: Liva
6. Low maintenance cost: More or less same for all cars apart from the i20.

You can select your car as per above, or as Vibhor has correctly said above, provide us with more parameters so that we could suggest THE car the come closest to your needs (though most of us TAI members are ones who would rather WANT a car than NEED it).

Happy hunting!

Last edited:
Thread Starter #4
Thanks Sam,

My driving would be in city hence max usage would be 1200KM. I was speaking to Hyundai and Honda guys.
HONDA BRIO 1.2 S(O)MT will fit in 565697 on road and Hundia i10 ASTA will fit in 6 lac in Pune.

So which would be a good choice?? [confused]

I10 is cramped,high on maintenance & low on mileage compare to brio.
Test drive both the cars back to back,i10 is famous for vague steering response.i have replaced my next gen i10 1.2 for brio.
If you want peace of mind just run away from i10.

Last edited:
Hi Philip,
Few moths back, I was also in a mood to replace my wagonR with a slightly bigger car by considering my long trips at least once in three months. I had been to many dealers in Bangalore for TD. During that time, I took "n" number of TDs with different vehicles.
I took TD on BRIO two times and I was pleased to place the order with Dakshin Honda in Bangalore. The only thing pulled me back is its comparatively small boot space. That boot space could never help grow my confidence to select it for my occasional high-way trips with family. By that time there the rumors came about "Amaze" and dropped idea to book BRIO and I am waiting for that to launch now.
If that boot space is OK for you, I would suggest you to go for BRIO over i10. Ofcourse, i10 is not that bad but that never gave me confidence at a speed above 80kmph. I felt it too bumpy and that steering also lack feel.
May be my personal experience. no offence to any i10 fans/owners.

Hi PhilipGeorge, welcome to THE AUTOMOTIVE INDIA. You can least a lot In this automobile environment. Our professional has given you a wonderful guidelines for the vehicle's to be chosen. Please do follow that and chose the best.

Last edited:

Top Bottom