Hyundai i20 Magna (Petrol) Purchase Advice Required

Thread Starter #1
Dear All,

I am planning to book Hyundai i20 Magna optional petrol. Request you to let me know the pros and cons of it. IS this a good choice? How about the resale value.

Thanks,
Vinodh R

Hey Vinod, have you read the 'Looking to buy a car?' - must read article, first?

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/automotive-shopper/1298-looking-buy-car-must-read.html

Every car has pros and cons. Importantly, you got to align your priorities with the pros [:)]

I was planning to buy a i20 Asta Petrol few months ago, and I believe it is a fantastic car. There is lots good about a hyundai, especially the service and proven track record of i20. First, go through article mentioned above, and determine, if Petrol is ideal for you.

And dont forget to test drive at leisure! Dont ask for a test drive during weekends. Let the salesperson know that you would take a long test drive (say, 20KM), and you are willing to pay for the petrol. Let him/her also know that you would be truly testing the car's ability - such as applying brakes at certain speed, acceleration, changing lanes at certain speed, and so on. There are plenty of Hyundai showrooms just in case one of them does not oblige.

Let us know how it goes. Have fun!

Last edited:
Thread Starter #3
Hi Manuman,

Thank you so much. I took a test drive from my office to the show room and i felt pretty good. I have decided to go for i20 magna optional petrol. Can you please let me know the mileage and performance of it. Also please advise me what needs to be checked before taking delivery and what are the standard accessories needs to be asked for. Please advise me for the same.

Thanks,
Vinodh R

Mileage - depends on your driving style, traffic conditions, so on. The owners have different experience.

Performance - again, depends on what you have driven before (what do you compare with, basically). I my personal opinion, it is a very good car for city driving.

Accessories - depends on what you want, and how much you can spend! Differentiate between 'need' and 'want' [:)]

As you see, my response is along your personal preference. Please research online for all this before you decide. It gives you different perspective, which would help you decide. You will see that the opinions differ due to individuals perferences.

You will have to check twice before the delivery - once before registration and next before you taking delivery (also known as PDI - Pre Delivery Inspection). Broadly, before registration check for interior/exterior finish, any dents/scratch/damage, under the hood, cross check engine/chassis number, so on. Post registration, you can focus on features and functionalities of the car.

Message me (PM) and I shall share you a checklist which I found online (created by someone else, not me btw).

Top Bottom