Buying a Used Diesel Sedan. Help Me To Choose.

Thread Starter #1
I am looking to buy a used car and have been facing the below choices. Pl. suggest me which car to buy and why? Also if the price is ok.
1) Ford Fiesta 2011 - 42,000 kms Diesel Style - 5.5 lacs asking price. Can I get an extended warranty for this as the car is 1 .9 yr. old
2) Maruti Dzire VDI Diesel 2009 - 54,000 km - 5.5 lacs asking price
3) Hyundai Verna 2009 -75,000 km -5.5 lacs asking price .
Thank you for your valuable opinion,

Hi entrepreneur.
My choice will be as following and for the below given reasons.
1. Fore Fiesta is new model and is used for just 1.9 yrs. it is good. But km covered is bit high. Take a well known mmechanic and thoroughly check the vehicle. Check the service record in company and with your friends too. Check the insurance details, if it is about to get finish then it may help you to reduce the rate. By looking at the owner of the vehicle you may be knowing the way the car was used. So think and choose the best.
2. Maruti Dzire is a good vehicle too. I think so this is used well and maintained well because, in 4 yrs it has covered just 54,000km. But the cost is bit high. You can reduce by a lakh.
3. Hundai Verna does not comes under a good choice.

I am looking to buy a used car and have been facing the below choices. Pl. suggest me which car to buy and why? Also if the price is ok.
1) Ford Fiesta 2011 - 42,000 kms Diesel Style - 5.5 lacs asking price. Can I get an extended warranty for this as the car is 1 .9 yr. old
Hello and welcome to The Automotive India friend.

Now looking at the given choices i would say go ahead with the fiesta since it's the most recent model and with the lowest kms on ODO and the asking price is the same as others.
But do get the car checked thoroughly by a mechanic and take a good TD as well.

Hi,
I am a great fan of the engine in the dezire it can cross 200000kms with ease without a maintenance other than filters and oils. i have three of them in different cars.

The price asked for Dzire is not that high as it holds a good re-sale, go for a bargain and may get in 5.3L.

The other two cars do not have a good history after 75000kms,The maintenance and spares are costly and the spares are not easily available in open market,
And the re-sale after you will be very low. Good luck.

NB: you won't get any extended warranty as you are not the first owner. if you change your ownership i doubt that you get the normal warranty even, please check and confirm.

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team
Ford Fiesta 2011 - 42,000 kms Diesel Style - 5.5 lacs asking price.
The running seems high but quite reasonable for a Diesel car. However, I'm surprised looking at the resale value. It sounds suspicious for a New Fiesta 2011 Diesel.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom