Skoda Rapid Elegance Petrol AT Views Required

Thread Starter #1
Dear Friends,
I am planning to buy a Skoda Rapid Elegance Petrol Automatic Transmission. If anyone owns this vehicle can you share your feedback?
Car experts any views if I am making the right choice?
Any inputs are welcome...thanks.

Dear Friends,
I am planning to buy a Skoda Rapid Elegance Petrol Automatic Transmission. If anyone owns this vehicle can you share your feedback?
Car experts any views if I am making the right choice?
Any inputs are welcome...thanks.
Rapid is a good car but only in Diesel form and not in Petrol form, I have hardly seen Petrol Rapid's (MT & AT). Also resale might not be good as City. Try the Scala AT as it more efficient then Manual. If you like Fiesta it is another good option.

Here are the Pros and Cons of Each Cars in this segment

FORD FIESTA AT
+ Driving Dynamics
+ Dual Clutch Gearbox
+ Most Sportiest Car in its class
- Space at Rear
- Small boot compared to its rivals
- Not as well equipped as Verna

HONDA CITY AT
+ Reliability
+ Comfort
+ Engine
+ Resale Value
- Under Equipped
- Oldest of the Lot
- Common in Big Cities[:)]

HYUNDAI VERNA AT
+ Styling
+ Features
+ Hyundai ASS
- Poor Handling
- Rear Seat Comfort
- Old 4 Speed Gearbox

SKODA RAPID AT
+ Fantastic Ride
+ Handling
+ Value
- Petrol Engine not as good as Diesel
- Resale Value of Petrol Skoda
- Skoda ASS

VOLKSWAGEN VENTO AT
+ Fantastic Ride
+ Handling
- Petrol Engine not as good as Diesel
- Resale Value
- Costlier compared to identical Rapid

RENAULT SCALA AT
+ Fuel Efficiency
+ Space and Comfort
+ Cheaper then Rivals
- Design is love it / hate it
- Renault ASS not known yet.

Thread Starter #3
Thanks Nishant for your detailed inputs. My monthly run would hardly be around 500kms and hence not thinking of the diesel variant including coz of the maintenance bit in the long run.
Test drove the Fiesta AT - The ride/gearbox is quite good but didnt like the interiors. Also space at rear and boot as you said is a less.
Verna AT has only a speed optin vs the 6-speed Tiptronic version of Rapid. Also heard ride quality/handling is not too good.
Honda City - Yes, probably the best petrol car but not much in features and as you rightly said too many on the road :).
Havnt test driven the Scala AT but guess Renault engines must be good. But again since this is a new entrant not sure on its long run capabilities.

Rapid looks a more graceful of the lot with its looks - Guess that is what is driving my heart to it. Also some novelty factor on the road rather than the common cars.

The dealer also was telling me to install Mapmyindia GPS/AVN ZX250 model which has bluetooth, reverse camera capabilities. Any views on this? Recently read Garmin GPS is also good - Any idea does it have a bluetooth and Reverse camera facilities-will try to do some research but if anybody using would be happy to have their views.

Skoda Rapid Elagance is good car, but my choice will be diesel.
I had Skoda Octvia diesel and it was good. That made my suggest diesel to you too.

Top Bottom