Suggest Me Used Diesel Sedan Under Rs.3 Lakh

Thread Starter #1
Hi folks
am willing to buy a used diesel car for my Dad n my budget is 3 lacs,i want sedan for 5 people,FE and low maintaneance are my major preference not much worried about performance,dad is looking out for accent CRDi,how is the story of Accent with LPG is??or should i drop idea of diesel car and go for one with LPG kit.travelling distance is aroound 700-1000kms/month.[:)]

Your best suggestions pls

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure whether a diesel sedan that you can get for 3L would be low maintenance. How about picking up a used Ford Ikon petrol and converting it to LPG ?

350Z

Core Team
Used Accent CRDi is best avoided unless the car in question is well-kept with a clean maintenance record. You might want to consider a less abused Tata Indigo or Mahindra Logan. Though both are quite reliable cars but do ensure that previous owner didn’t use it as a taxi. Take some time to perform a thorough check up with help of a qualified mechanic (reversing odometer is the most common gimmick). Link to our used car inspection article: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...pecting-second-hand-car-exhaustive-guide.html.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Mahindra logan, if it comes in your budget will be a good option,doesn't matter even if the odometer cross 100000kms or if it is a permit terminated taxi one.
make sure it is now on private registration.
Lancer is another option it may also come in your budget.
Both are good performers and gives good mileage on lesser maintenance cost.

Thread Starter #5
Not sure whether a diesel sedan that you can get for 3L would be low maintenance. How about picking up a used Ford Ikon petrol and converting it to LPG ?

KRISMP:Ford Ikon was my first choice later i heard horrible stories of ikon with maintenance so dropped it.

how about get a honda CITY,04or 05 model and hook it up with LPG kit??hondas do good though clocked over 100000.

I dont think this LPG or CNG work that well. still,city is a great car and lpg availability also depends on the city.

you can go for esteem d or an indigo.

be carefull. buy a car which is driven and maintained in an good shape.

esteem d is difficult one to trace, but a good car.

Thread Starter #8
thanks for your suggestions guys finally Deciding to go for Indigo after all consultations

For a monthly run less than 1k km, there wont be much difference in owning a Petrol or Diesel sedan.
For less than 3L budget, it is better to avoid a diesel sedan unless if it is from a known source and less driven.

I had a 2007 City ZX vtec with LPG. FE was around 10~11kmpl in city & 12~13kmpl in highway drives, without any loss in performance. Have a look at my ownership thread.
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...ain-preloved-2007-city-zx-v-tec-sold-now.html

2007 City are available in market for around 3L.

Thread Starter #10
The other day I was with mechanic checking for a car, he suggests me to go for indigo from 2008 onwards the older models seems to be more problematic ,am completely into Dilemma ,thinking to raise my budget to 3.5 lacs and go for fiesta.need your help guys.[confused]

Thread Starter #12
After a long research and consultation made up my mind for Feista.
i have few questions where i need your valuable suggestion[confused]

1.can you people tell me like what are the things to be checked in feista before making purchase .
2.what are the common issues feista generaaly gives with cars from 2006 &2007 batch.
3.how to verify if the meter was reversed?the reading on meter is genuine
4.transfer of ownership docx if purchsing from dealer in Hyderabad.

thanx in advance all of you.

To be frank, A well maintained Diesel Sedan for 3L? I think you are too ambitious and trying your luck.
Be very careful otherwise chance is more to end up paying huge amounts for maintenance.

3 lacs should get you an indigo 2007/ 2006.
Fiesta same year model will be for 3.8 to 4

Most of the diesel cars available in used car will be driven around 80k to 100000 km

I would suggest you to stretch your budget to around 4 to 4.5 and get a used swift dzire driven around 60 to 80000

Thread Starter #15
Gns_blr, Gego

I agree with you folks that it was very much difficult to get a good car fro 3 lacs,after checking out in Market ,checked fro few Indigos but for some reason didnt like those and Sorry guys I just forgot to mention that i have increased my Budget till 3.5lacs and am getting a Fiesta either 06 or 07 models

Fiesta resale value is bit less here in Hyderabad when compared to Chennai and Bengaluru

thanks all for your Suggestions

Top Bottom