Need a Sedan Between Rs.7 - 9 Lacs

Thread Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

I need an upgrade for my Santro Xing 2006 which has done 32k kms. So far my Santro has never given any problems [:)]. So I thought will go for Verna but still confused.

My budget - 7 - 9 lacs
Monthly running - 2000km (30% city and 70% highway)
Features - Good comfort, room for 5 people, low maintenance. Good ASS.
Good handling, decent ground clearance.
Fuel - Petrol (or diesel as I am planning to keep my car for long time.)

Cars & their facts in Mind :

Hyundai Verna - Very nervous handling and rear seats are not comfort considering my parents who are 60+.

Toyota Etios - Not happy with the interiors.

Fiat Linea - ASS

Honda City - I liked the corporate edition but only worried about the ground clearance.

Maruti Sx4 - Liked the design and look of it but little old horse not much features.

So finally I have honda city corporate edition and sx4 zxi in mind but confused. Please help me & let me know if I have left any other cars.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Need a sedan between 7 - 9 lacs

For such a high running you want to buy petrol car? Are you sure about the same?
Regarding Ground Clearance, Hondas are not usually know for good Ground Clearance. If it is petrol than no Linea. WHy not try Nissan Sunny or may be you can wait for Honda Amaze.

Check out tata manza club class and nissan sunny, superb space inside with good engines.
Nissan sunny would surely serve for long long period for you without much of hassles,and can vouch for tata manza, as been owner for its indica for 8 years and had served me superbly .

For your running,Diesel makes sense for you.Go for Fiesta Classic.Fiesta is the best driver's Car.It is in your budget.Or else,go for Mahindra Quanto C6 or C8,Hyundai I20 Asta Diesel or Fiat Punto 90HP Sports.

Thread Starter #5

Thanks for the suggestions. I forgot to mention one thing here. The monthly running varies between 1000 and 2000 km. Sometimes its is 500 or 1000 or 2000 km when going outside city, so was confused between petrol and diesel. I considered Manza but heard negative about reliability and also i20 crdi but it is again a hatch.

Thanks for the suggestions. I forgot to mention one thing here. The monthly running varies between 1000 and 2000 km. Sometimes its is 500 or 1000 or 2000 km when going outside city, so was confused between petrol and diesel. I considered Manza but heard negative about reliability and also i20 crdi but it is again a hatch.
In that case what's your yearly running?

And how about considering Vento?

Rest SX4 is a nice car with the best GC but again it badly needs an upgrade and City is great car but you need to check the GC when you TD it.

For your running,Diesel makes sense for you.Go for Fiesta Classic.Fiesta is the best driver's Car.It is in your budget.Or else,go for Mahindra Quanto C6 or C8,Hyundai I20 Asta Diesel or Fiat Punto 90HP Sports.
punto sports? pointless .

In that case what's your yearly running?

And how about considering Vento?

Rest SX4 is a nice car with the best GC but again it badly needs an upgrade and City is great car but you need to check the GC when you TD it.
Vento and city have similar GC bro.

Honda city GC is improved in 2012 model and it is increased by 5mm with stiffened suspension, so my corporate ed is surviving with huge speed breaker of bangalore road.[clap]

Diesel could be good option for the running projected. Infact Diesel car is easier to drive in peak City traffic.

Regarding Manza, reliability won't be an issue. It is as reliable as any other car in the market now.

From whom you heard negative about reliability if Manza. If it is due to a general perception about earlier generation Tata cars, then its not true in the case of Manza.

After two years of usage, I can now confirm that Manza is reliable.

Manza was launched in 2009. So far there is no complaint regarding its reliability either in Internet forums or personal experience of owners other than some niggles.

Thread Starter #11
Vento is not in my budget The basic trend line only costs 10.47 lacs in VW downtown Bangalore. I will try Manza the there is a TATA showroom near my house so ASS won't be an issue. Regarding Ford Fiesta How about Ford's ASS ?.

Monthly running - 2000km.
Its better to go with a Diesel car.
Ford Classic (Old Fiesta) fits well within your budget and expectations.
Second opinion will be i20 CRDi, comes loaded with features and a good highway rider.

From my experience with Honda (City & Civic) and Fiat (Linea) it takes some time to get used to low GC, but we can live with that (if your roads are not very bad) City is such an nice car to drive. Rear bench is comfortable, but for elders I would prefer Fiesta rear seats than City.

Regarding Fiat ASS, as Fiat started setting up their own sales and service centers, I hope it should not be a problem in future.

If you haven't finalized yet I would like to share some info. Honda City is coming with a new colour - Blue (I guess same as in Brio). My friend has booked that colour & the waiting is around 2.5 months.

@Avinash

Go for diesel and try these two cars

1. Manza club class - Awesome car with acres of space fitted with Fiat Multijet
2. Sail U VA Sedan - Excellent space and mouthwatering Chevy 5 year warranty

Top Bottom