Best Dashboard in Which Car?

Thread Starter #1
Hi,

I'm a novice in driving [lol] , and looking for low segment cars. While deciding the best car for me, one thing I'm looking for is a dashboard that can show me the gear I have currently used.

I often forget the gear on which I'm running the car on, and end up getting confused if I should change from 2-> 3 or if it's already on [confused]3 [frustration]

Instead of buying a car which have gear display, why dont you to try and improve yourself on driving.

There are other simple ways to identify the gear than display.Just spent some hours get some experience.Still you feel it is very difficult, why don't you try Automatic?

Astar and Ritz has automatic varients.

By the way which car you using now? What is the budget for the new car?

one thing I'm looking for is a dashboard that can show me the gear I have currently used.
This is one interesting feature which i am trying to figure out and add it in my car as a DIY, quite complicated but !!!! have to mess with a lot of electronics

Thread Starter #6
Thanks guys!

Yes, I can improve my driving but still want to check if I can comfortably do that [lol]

Anyway, I wonder how people remember gears while driving? I'm a novice driver - 30 days old [roll] and hopefully will get better with time.

I'm looking at small segment cars - i10, beat, santro, wagon R, swift as it's gonna be my FIRST CAR [clap]

Thread Starter #10
Yayyy!! Thank you :) Very happy, I thought this feature would be rare to find. Thank god someone thought about it ;)

Which model of i10 is good? It's my first car so I don't want to go for luxury [glasses] but looking for a little more than basic stuff.. you know.. [lol]

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
happy to help [:)] go for the magna model. this is the second model above era. era doesn't have much and magna will provide all the basic stuff.

i too have an i10 magna but the old one without this feature [:D]

and do you want to install CNG after some time ? or will you prefer petrol all the time ?

the reason i ask is because there are 2 engine options for i10 magna.
1.1 and 1.2 - if you want to install CNG after some time , it'll be good to take the 1.1 because CNG is not successful in 1.2

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
take a look at this also.

comparison between i10 models - all the features etc. http://www.hyundai.com/in/en/wcm/groups/webcontent/@in/documents/webbasiccontent/318064.pdf

prices in delhi -

i10 1.1
Era (Solid) 403,562
Era (Metallic) 407,175
Magna (Solid) 418,346
Magna (Metalic) 421,958

solid and metallic are just paint difference.

i10 1.2
Magna (Solid) 436,679
Magna (Metalic) 440,292
Sportz GLS(Solid) 467,217
Sportz GLS(Metallic) 470,829

for mods - reason i replied in second post because i didn't want to add these things in one reply

Thread Starter #13
I'm not sure if CNG is a good option. Actually I don't know!

I will be using car over weekends only - may be 300km a month. I'll check magna and its current features/prices.

Thanks guys! Yes, I can improve my driving but still want to check if I can comfortably do that Anyway, I wonder how people remember gears while driving? I'm a novice driver - 30 days old and hopefully will get better with time. I'm looking at small segment cars - i10, beat, santro, wagon R, swift as it's gonna be my FIRST CAR
csa2, in my opinion, till you build some confidence on the road (which, believe me, will come in no time at all), I feel you will be better off keeping your eyes on the road and not look inside trying to look for the readout in the Dash! Even today when I drive, I don't like taking my eyes off the road, especially within the city, and have to make a special effort to notice my RPM on the tacho when I want that. But the flip side is that I couldn't even convince my wife on this theory. Much to my dislike, she used to look at the speedo and shift!! Actually, in most conditions, you dont need to know which gear you are in...what is required is which gear you need to be in - either downshift or upshift!!

When I learned to drive (way back in 1986 on an Amby) I used to rely on engine noise for upshifts. Downshifts were more difficult. So, my mantra was when decelerating for speed breakers and turns, I used to shift down to second in advance. Many a times that did not work out since the speed was a little more but mostly it did. It was difficult to make out which gear you were in because the gear shift lever was behind the steering and not the floor. The only saving grace was that Delhi was much less congested back then!

i10 is a fine first car, no two thoughts about that! But to buy an i10 ONLY because it has this feature, which you may not even look at after perhaps another month, may not the wisest thing to do.

Think about it! Sorry to be the Devil's Advocate [evil]!!

Top Bottom