Please Suggest SUV / Crossover Under 65L On-Road

Thread Starter #1
Greetings,
First of all, I am new here, and I'd like to say, I am quite impressed with this website and the forums. Next, getting straight to business, I need some serious advice. I currently own a Toyota Fortuner (clocking close to 60000 km so far), and am looking to upgrade to a better vehicle. Obviously, I intend to purchase an SUV or Crossover for that matter. I have shortlisted the following vehicles (Im not decided on the variants) :

-Mercedes Benz ML Class
-Volvo XC90
-Mitsubishi Montero
-BMW X3
-Audi Q5
-Land Rover Evoque
-BMW X5
-Land Rover Discovery 4

My main priorities are: Looks, Performance, Features, Snob Value, and Build Quality(Safety). Seating is only for 2-4 people at a time. And, I dont care about whether its petrol or diesel. This will be a daily drive of around 25+km
per day

Can I please get some advice, and if possible, some estimated on-road prices as well so that I am well educated by the time I approach the dealers.
Pls keep in mind the under 65L limit.

Re: Please Suggest an SUV/Crossover Under 65L on road

hmm good budget there,
ML- good car and nice interior. Could go for this. Snob value is good obvio cause its a merc.I dont like the looks though.
XC90- outdated now. Its also going to be replaced soon. Dont try this.
X3- Its also a good car but a little under budget. And a segment below the ML.
X5 - good car but I think it needs major updates now.
Evouque- best here IMO. Nice interior,grabs eye balls,VFM and looks simply superb.
Disco- Good car. Lovely but for die hard offroaders. Not really makes sense here.
Also add the Audi Q7. Good car and the 3.0tdi should be in your budget.

AMG

Suspended

Porsche Cayenne.

The base model will come in your budget. Nothing beats it in all your criteria, especially snob value.

^^^ yes forgot the porsche. Its the Cayenne Diesel or Evouque IMO.

Greetings,
First of all, I am new here, and I'd like to say, I am quite impressed with this website and the forums. Next, getting straight to business, I need some serious advice. I currently own a Toyota Fortuner (clocking close to 60000 km so far), and am looking to upgrade to a better vehicle. Obviously, I intend to purchase an SUV or Crossover for that matter. I have shortlisted the following vehicles (Im not decided on the variants) :

-Mercedes Benz ML Class
-Volvo XC90
-Mitsubishi Montero
-BMW X3
-Audi Q5
-Land Rover Evoque
-BMW X5
-Land Rover Discovery 4

My main priorities are: Looks, Performance, Features, Snob Value, and Build Quality(Safety). Seating is only for 2-4 people at a time. And, I dont care about whether its petrol or diesel. This will be a daily drive of around 25+km
per day

Can I please get some advice, and if possible, some estimated on-road prices as well so that I am well educated by the time I approach the dealers.
Pls keep in mind the under 65L limit.
Range Rover Evoque no other car will give you the uniqueness of the evoque or as AMG suggested the cayenne .

yes bro. Evoque is for you. in your budget you could get the dynamic trim as well that makes it look even more better!! Cayenne diesel will be base without any optional extra and porsche without any optional extra is quite basic to say the least.

Buddy with this budget go for the Range Rover Evoque. Most unique SUV in India and an amazing SUV as well.
Interiors as well as exteriors are just great and this SUV is very stable and has an amazing ride quality. Very comfortable as well.

And the top most variant will easily fit in your budget. Do take a TD and you will understand what i mean(interior, ride quality, comfort)

Thread Starter #9

I am willing to push the budget by a little if it is worth it.
I have narrowed down the list to these two:
1)Mercedes Benz M Class ML 350 CDI ( 56.90L Ex)
2)Porsche Cayenne Diesel or Porsche Cayenne S Tiptronic (Is it worth it?)

But a few thoughts are running through my mind:
-I forgot to include the Audi Q7. It has become quite a common sight in my area of residence, but I still liked its looks. Is it worth choosing over the Cayenne and ML-class?
-Is there an AMG version of the ML-class available?
-How is the Mercedes Benz GL Class 350 CDI Executive?
-after reading this post http://www.********.com/forum/test-...304-new-family-member-range-rover-evoque.html , I came to know that the on road price is around 75L for the pure variant of the evoque. I feel it is a waste to pay that much for a crossover the size of a C-RV. And also, I personally feel the evoque's rear design to be quite mediocre.

AMG

Suspended

Sir, there is no AMG version available for the ML in India, nor are there plans for any.

The Q7 is quite old, and may be due for a replacement soon. The oldest SUV among the lot.

I still do suggest that you stick to either the Porsche or the ML.

And as for the GL, its HUGE, thats all I have to say.

The GL is a 7 seater, and is 5 metres long(aka Q7 size)
The ML is Q5 size.

I dont really think you need the extra seats. So stick tot he ML/Cayenne.

I am willing to push the budget by a little if it is worth it.
I have narrowed down the list to these two:
1)Mercedes Benz M Class ML 350 CDI ( 56.90L Ex)
2)Porsche Cayenne Diesel or Porsche Cayenne S Tiptronic (Is it worth it?)

But a few thoughts are running through my mind:
-I forgot to include the Audi Q7. It has become quite a common sight in my area of residence, but I still liked its looks. Is it worth choosing over the Cayenne and ML-class?
-Is there an AMG version of the ML-class available?
-How is the Mercedes Benz GL Class 350 CDI Executive?
-after reading this post http://www.********.com/forum/test-...304-new-family-member-range-rover-evoque.html , I came to know that the on road price is around 75L for the pure variant of the evoque. I feel it is a waste to pay that much for a crossover the size of a C-RV. And also, I personally feel the evoque's rear design to be quite mediocre.
Billa Firstly a very warm welcome to the forum, i agree with your view of the Evoque, its a lot of show largely and one hell of a looker!

I would consider the following :-

Audi Q7 3 .0 TDI
Landrover Discovery 4 3.0 V6
Mercedes Benz GL 3.0 Grand Luxury
Mercedes ML 350CDI
Cayenne V6 Tiptronic / Cayenne Diesel Base

The Discovery 4 , Merc ML/GL, Q7 would be higher in my list, offcourse Cayenne would be one hell of a handler - the choice boils down to what you prefer, all come loaded with a lot of niceties depending on one's preferences, you should TD them, relist your priorities and then decide.

the ML 63 AMG is coming here in some time i guess. but maybe the wait will be too long. ML is X5 size btw.

Thread Starter #13

Billa Firstly a very warm welcome to the forum, i agree with your view of the Evoque, its a lot of show largely and one hell of a looker!

I would consider the following :-

Audi Q7 3 .0 TDI
Landrover Discovery 4 3.0 V6
Mercedes Benz GL 3.0 Grand Luxury
Mercedes ML 350CDI
Cayenne V6 Tiptronic / Cayenne Diesel Base

The Discovery 4 , Merc ML/GL, Q7 would be higher in my list, offcourse Cayenne would be one hell of a handler - the choice boils down to what you prefer, all come loaded with a lot of niceties depending on one's preferences, you should TD them, relist your priorities and then decide.
That perfectly sums up what I should be looking into. I want to add that I am also an off road enthusiast and have taken my fortuner and ford endy off road quite a bit. Therefore, I need a Luxury Suv that has off road abilities at par with if not better than the Fortuner. Which of those that you suggested has the off road ability I need?

The Cayenne is pretty useless offroad.
No idea bout the Mercs.
If off road is a must then surely it has to be the LR Disco.

Thread Starter #15

I test drove the Disco 4, Q7 3.0 TDI today. I liked both of them in terms of drivability, but I felt the Q7 would be more planted at high speeds. I was keen on test drving a Q7 4.2 TDI quattro, but it wasnt available. Will be testdriving the ML and the Cayenne within a couple of days. I didnt like the rear design on the new ML.

Top Bottom