Pre-Owned Hyundai i20 Sportz - Need Help

Thread Starter #1
Hello Everyone, I needed guidance for purchasing my first car. I have a budget of Rs 4 lakhs. After going through the forums and reading reviews, i decided to go for a preowned hatchback. I zeroed in on Hyundai I20.
After searching around in carwale.com, i met with a dealer for test driving the i20 sportz.The car was well maintained but has runned 33k on the odo.
I have been quoted 3.9 lakhs for the car.

I would like advised from the forum members on
1) whether i can get a better deal on the car. Only interested in i20. Not looking at any other car
2) What all precautions/checks do i need to remeber or get done so that i dont end up with a lemon.

Thanks

Re: Preowned Hyundai i20 Sportz- Need Help

The i20 model that you are expecting to buy are prone to steering column vibration issue. I would suggest have it checked up at HASS before buying.

Also please check service history as well as on the vahan website. Also check the body for rust etc.

Buying a used car is more adventurous IMO, hence need to be careful, specially when buying from a dealer.

Re: Preowned Hyundai i20 Sportz- Need Help

Thanks for the reply. How do i go about checking the service record.
Ask the dealer for the Service Book and check the services done/stamps. Check the dates and the kms for each service.

Would give you an idea also if the KMs shown are genuine. If no service book is available, then there might be issue with the car in question and dealer is trying to hide something.

You can also go to the hyundai service centre and ask for the service records.
Sometime HASS charges for check up. You may want to do this before you finally buy the car.

Top Bottom