Used Diesel Car For 10+ Years & Under 3 Lakh Budget

Thread Starter #1
A old used diesel for more 10 years under 3 lakhs:

OK Let me start my questions one by one.The intention of this thread is to get an innovative knowledge of the used and old car which comes under low on budget in purpose of buying.

My conditions and doubts:

1.I want to run a diesel car up to 50 to 70 km/day,may be 500 km when i want to tour,
2.I want to keep that car at least for 5 years from 2014 to 2020,
3.She should be a fuel economic one and a maintenance free which means should not break down very often,may be once in a blue moon.( I know its difficult to say but what Pro thinks?)

My doubts:

1.Will the GOVT of India ban old diesel car for any reason?
2.If it will be, could we change the parts of the car according to the expectation? Means engine swap to BS 4 OR BS 5 in order to run a car for more years.
3.If parts become problematic one ,can we alter the set of parts to currently available one.Eg - keeping amby parts in to padmini like tyres,suspensions ect.
4.If everything is possible can we endorse the car ?

My Classic List Under 1.5 Lakhs:

1.Premier Padmini diesel
2.Premier 138 D
3.HM Contessa Diesel
4.HM Amby
5.Fiat Uno D
6.TATA Estate
7.TATA Sierra
8.TATA Sumo may be convert to 4x4

My Mid List under 2.5 Lakhs:

1.TATA Indica V1 or V2
2.Fiat Palio-d
3.Zen-d
4.Esteem-d
5.Petra-d

My Modern list under 3 Lakhs(Not interested)

1.TATA indigo Ls
2.Hyndai Accent crdi
3.Ford Ikon
4.Lancer

Please i want to inform that i more interest in buying classic and convert to current expectation,if it is hard job to do then i have to go for mid range.So please give a detailed review about classic and conversion than the verdict.I am looking forward..[:)]

Last edited by a moderator:

AMG

Suspended
Re: A old used diesel for more 10 years under 3l

Try a used swift.

You can easily get a 2006-7 swift diesel for 2.5ish

Maruti Swift (D), Ford Fiesta TDCi; these are the diesel cars which you may get under 3.5lacs. Though you havent mentioned any of these, but since you are looking for a reliable diesel car and intend to keep it for a fairly long span, hence i would suggest you to go for either Swift or the Fiesta.
Palio D is also a great choice however, you never know when the spare parts would vanish from the markets. Better to stay away from it since it was discontinued long back.

Thread Starter #4

Thanks for yours replay,Ok may be next year the swift-d will be around 3.5 l but my target is under 2.5 ,if there is no option than i fetch a little more about 50k. Because anyhow i am gonna buy any one of this car by Finance not ready cash.So i need more verdict.Looking forward![:)]

Thread Starter #7

What about other old diesel car?What do u you think about conversion of car?Please suggest.I want to know that truth)

Last edited:
Thread Starter #8
1.TATA indigo Ls
2.Hyndai Accent crdi
3.Ford Ikon

what about this?I think i could get this under 3 lakh budget.But i do not know about upcoming problem.Could any one say about this?

Last edited:
indicBro,

Go for Accent CRDI.As it has CRDI Engine,Power,Accent is a good vehicle.About 5 to 6 years ago,I also used to use my father's friend Accent CRDI when he took my old Qualis to his hometown.So,IMO,Accent CRDI is the best Car.Don't worry about parts.You can source the parts from the Spare Part Shops.

Top Bottom