Purchasing New Sedan Budget Up To 11 Lakh

Thread Starter #1
Hi Friends

Planning to buy a new Sedan [drive]
Average running should be below 5000 km / year.
Both City & Highway.
Looking for Automatic Petrol model .
Budjet upto 11 Lakhs.
Family of 3 members

Considering
Honda City / Skoda Rapid / Volkswagen Vento
Also considering Safari Storme [thinking]

Sure no Maruthi [gun]

Please advise which is best in Performance, Millage & with
less maintanence charges.

AMG

Suspended
Re: Purchasing New Sedan Budget up to 11 lakhs

Essentially, the Rapid and the Vento are the same cars with a different styling.

But the Rapid has better styling(debatable) and better interiors(debatable again)

On the other hand, the City is way too old, and a new one is just around the corner.(still competent though, but the age is catching up fast).

So decide between the Vento and Rapid. You cant go wrong with either.

The Safari Storme is a all together different category. More expensive. And a diesel. Very competent SUV, but you DONT NEED a diesel.

Also a lot of our members have had very positive reviews on the Verna. So check that out as well.

Thread Starter #3
Re: Purchasing New Sedan Budget up to 11 lakhs

AMG...

What is the average servicing ( normal servicing ) charges for Vento & Rapid.
Also what is the servicing periods .

Well VW is better bet IMO. VW also has better and cheaper ASS but I did not have any problems with ASS yet. Strome does not have AT i think. try the verna also.
This might help you: a friends friend had an accident in his rapid tdi. The accident was bad enough to deploy the airbags and it took skoda 8 months to repair his car. And close to 4lacs to repair.

Last edited:

AMG

Suspended
Well VW is better bet IMO. VW also has better and cheaper ASS but I did not have any problems with ASS yet. Strome does not have AT i think. try the verna also.
This might help you: a friends friend had an accident in his rapid tdi. The accident was bad enough to deploy the airbags and it took skoda 8 months to repair his car. And close to 4lacs to repair.

Both the ASS is just the same. Skoda's may, on the contrary be a wee bit cheaper. Hardly a 1-200 difference. Negligible.

And Skoda VW Seat and Audi have the same parts FYI.

I know it because I saw a windscreen and on was written Audi A1/Skoda Fabia/VW Polo/Seat Ibiza

So the availability/non availability will be the same.

Both the ASS is just the same. Skoda's may, on the contrary be a wee bit cheaper. Hardly a 1-200 difference. Negligible.

And Skoda VW Seat and Audi have the same parts FYI.

I know it because I saw a windscreen and on was written Audi A1/Skoda Fabia/VW Polo/Seat Ibiza

So the availability/non availability will be the same.
i know,my laura is based on the golf platform and has engine similar to the A4.

I think these are all rumors. I have come across a few cases but nothing big enough to stop some one from buying there brilliant and better than vw cars.

@JW ,
Please mention about cars used by you in the past other than zen, TD experience of cars on agenda now if taken any , please mention about top priorities while making the decision eg , space , driving pleasure , back seat comfort , safty features. , FE.

AFA Storme is concerned , it is justified only if roads you frequent are bad (potholes bumps , most of the time WIP) .
AFA diesel non AT SUV vs petrol AT sedan , both come equal fuel and total ownership cost wise.IMO.

Watch out for the new Renualt scala AT its refreshing and give a good economy figures over the manual according to ARAI

Performance & Mileage you can vouch for renault for sure and it would be out soon

In the segment you are looking for i don't see any maruti's and one more thing I dont have any personal hate over Maruti's [lol] as they have never let me down and they are a brand in India which most of them have immense Trust on

Top Bottom