New Ritz Petrol or Honda Brio?

Thread Starter #1
I have a 2007 Wagon R,Which has run 16,800kms.It has no problem except minor rattlings under the dashboard area.Now I have decided to change the car with new model Wagon R(Blue eyed boy),so I booked a wagon R on 20th November,2012 but when it came to the dealer I changed my mind and decided to go for Ritz VXI Petrol with VVT engine,unfortunately at that time there was only granite grey coloured car which my wife didn't like.Finally I booked a white Ritz,for which I am still waiting.

As the waiting period is pretty long so I test rided a Brio.It was a great car to drive but it has smaller space at the rear end and also has a low ground clearance when I compare with Ritz.Ritz is costlier also.

I am now very much confused what to do.Which car to buy?or,shall I keep the old trusted Wagon R?

Go for the Brio. Its a spacious car,smooth and powerful yet F.E ivtec engine and fantastic quality make it a very good VFM.

Thread Starter #3
Thanks.
I am worried about the ground clearance of Brio-our roads have too many bumps and innumerable pot holes.
Also I have no idea about Honda service-is it costly?

Go blindly for the Ritz, the one with new dual tone interiors and try to push in for more discounts, i swear petrol ritz would get you more discounts and goodies, its a VFM car over the BRIO, the xtra money which you would pool in for the BRIO can be used to customise your ritz with hot wheels and alloys and make it a hot looking car and with no offence to BRIO owners

BRIO one statement - Its neither here nor there, lacks appeal and feel, by the way i am a big fan and ex owner of Honda City vtech

Ritz would give you peace of mind during ownership, maintainance, during resale and its more practical

My 2 indian cents [:D]

Your car is really under utilized.If i may be at your place, I will not go for a new car. It is a waste of money. Average monthly running of your car is only 280km.

Even the Swift VDI available without booking in our area, why the Ritz petrol has waiting period? Did you checked with other dealers? or waiting for the 2013 model? Check how is the Honda service there?Is any booking period for Brio too there?

Thread Starter #6
Thanks friends.

Yes,my car is really under utilized.

When I called Maruti Customer care they told me there is no production problem with new Ritz petrol,it is the dealer who is responsible for all this delay.

when I contacted the dealer,they told me "Don't believe those call center girls."
My question whom to believe?

Thanks friends.

Yes,my car is really under utilized.

When I called Maruti Customer care they told me there is no production problem with new Ritz petrol,it is the dealer who is responsible for all this delay.

when I contacted the dealer,they told me "Don't believe those call center girls."
My question whom to believe?
Check with some other showrooms and just try to push around with them telling the other showroom guy had promised a week for delivery but you want it quicker, it works most of the times

Hey Rakesh.
Why do you want to switch from Wagon R, its such a nice car.
Any car be it Ritz or Brio will not make you feel substantially upgraded from Waggy and I am afraid you may repent on your decision.
Why not cover more mile on Waggy and then go for an upgrade to a sedan or a compact sedan?

I also agree with Rightnow. What not stick to your old wagon-R. It is not logical to change from Wagon-R to Ritz/Brio.
Wait for some more time and make up gradation to higher segment. Do not switch in same segment if car dose not have any significant problem.

Thread Starter #10
Hi Rightnow n amit1km,
What are your logic behind your statements?
It's true my waggy is old but except minor rattle sound from dashboard area there is no problem.It has a great pick up,smooth with a very decent mileage.

So naturally you may think if there is no problem then why am I trying to sell it?Only reason it's old -model wise.
I can not comment on Ritz/Brio satisfaction,I had only test ride-nothing more.

Thanks for your valuable comments,I am really enjoying this forum.

Hi Rightnow n amit1km,
What are your logic behind your statements?
...Only reason it's old -model wise. I can not comment on Ritz/Brio satisfaction,I had only test ride-nothing more.
Thanks for your valuable comments,I am really enjoying this forum.
Logically:

Situation 1: Selling Waggy
Original Waggy value: 100 Rs.
Waggy current value: 80 Rs
New Car: 120 Rs.
You put in: 120-80= 40Rs.
New car Value after certain time (say 2015 @ Rs. 20 per annum depreciation): 120-2*20= 80Rs
New asset worth you have: 80Rs.

Situation 2: Keeping Waggy
Current value of waggy: 80 Rs.
Value after certain time (say 2015 @ Rs. 20 per annum depreciation): 80-2* 20= 40 Rs.
Net asset worth you have: 40 Rs. + 40 Rs (the unspent 40 Rs)+ interest on unspent 40 Rs., which is >80 Rs.

So net gain by keeping your waggy with you is the interest component.

Emotionally: if you really like to have something new which would give you benefits beyond monetory values, you can go ahead. Its purely your decision and members will definitely help you.

As far as suggesting new car is concerned, I would like you to look for brio as it would provide you different feel and experience as compared to waggy. If you get Ritz petrol, you will feel yourself in same situation after two years as you are in today.

My Logic is:
I will not change a car if I am switching in the same segment and my current car dose not have any significant problem.
If I am upgrading the segment of the car, then I might think of selling the current car.Upgrading means to a Sedan or SUV.

If either case is not there and my current car is in good shape, why I will spend money on that. Remember that car is depreciating asset. We should get most out of the money we have invested.

rakesh2013, Right now and amit gave you perfect detailed example on your new car purchase, your wagon R is still into its prestine condition with lesser then 20K on the odo.Why you want to change your ride,you can invest rather into pimping up your ride, music system,alloys, tyres,interiors and still can enjoy your ride for atleast another two to three years, remember a car is the fastest depreciated asset.

Ritz ride far better than a wagonR neverthelss more fun too .
its a heart over mind decision .

If you go by Rightnows logics (whhew I need an year to understand that maths).
maybe you may regret later about missing all the fun of a new different car.

I dont see any reason you should go for brio.it is simply odd one practically looking unsafe from rear.

Top Bottom