> For What Purpose: Occasional Highway Trips and rarely in city
> Seating Capacity: Maximum 5 Adults
> Type of Segment: Hatchback

with this I have narrowed down my preferences to the following cars:-
1.Volkswagen Polo Trendline 1.2L
2.Ford Figo Titanium
3.i10 Sportz
4.Swift Vxi

Please let me know which one should i opt for and I wanted to know if I can opt for polo as worried about maintenance cost.

Request you all to suggest me the best hatch back even apart from my list.

Regards,
Vinodh R

Last edited:
Since your monthly running is low,go for a petrol. Would suggest the swift or Brio SMT(O). But the swift does not full fill your safety requirement and the brio has the brio has a better engine too. Figo is also good but fords ASS and the Polo has a three pot motor. The I10 is ok but quite cramped. So try the Brio or if you can stretch your budget,Swift ZXI.

Thread Starter #3
Since your monthly running is low,go for a petrol. Would suggest the swift or Brio SMT(O). But the swift does not full fill your safety requirement and the brio has the brio has a better engine too. Figo is also good but fords ASS and the Polo has a three pot motor. The I10 is ok but quite cramped. So try the Brio or if you can stretch your budget,Swift ZXI.
Thank you!

But Brio i am not satisfied with the looks. Though it is a good car and also heard that maintenance of Honda cars are also faily high. I just came across about chevrolet sail UVA newly launched. Can any one please tell abouth this car too.

The reason i was looking for polo is service station and the showroom is near and is hardly 10km from my place. Also they said it is a yearly maintenance and for petrol it should be faily less.

Thank you!

But Brio i am not satisfied with the looks. Though it is a good car and also heard that maintenance of Honda cars are also faily high. I just came across about chevrolet sail UVA newly launched. Can any one please tell abouth this car too.

The reason i was looking for polo is service station and the showroom is near and is hardly 10km from my place. Also they said it is a yearly maintenance and for petrol it should be faily less.
I agree with the Brio looks part but Hondas ASS is superb and inexpensive.
But VW maintenance is quite high. The new Sail is also a brilliant car. The petrols a quick car,stable and good handling too. Its also very spacious but lacks features and the interior does not have that charm of the swift. But the main problem is the resale value and if it will sell or not. But its also a great car.

Thread Starter #5
I agree with the Brio looks part but Hondas ASS is superb and inexpensive.
But VW maintenance is quite high. The new Sail is also a brilliant car. The petrols a quick car,stable and good handling too. Its also very spacious but lacks features and the interior does not have that charm of the swift. But the main problem is the resale value and if it will sell or not. But its also a great car.
Thank you once again!
As stated am just not satisfied with the looks of Brio. May be can I opt for i20 Era petrol version which falls in my budget and meets my expectations. am only worried about the mileage and wether do i get audio system along wiht this. Please advise. If so I am straight away drilled with only 2 options either Polo or i20 era.

Since yours running is less,I could suggest you Brio.Brio is one heck of Car when it comes to Reliability,Engine and Practicality.So,Brio will make you win in finalization.

Thank you once again!
As stated am just not satisfied with the looks of Brio. May be can I opt for i20 Era petrol version which falls in my budget and meets my expectations. am only worried about the mileage and wether do i get audio system along wiht this. Please advise. If so I am straight away drilled with only 2 options either Polo or i20 era.
Between the I20 or Polo,I would recommend the I20. Why? Because its more VFM,more spacious,more refined and has better A.S.S. The Polos quality is unmatched though.

If brio doesnt suits your needs,then go.for i20,magna would be in your budget if you are purchasing right now with offers.on for.2012 models,if era is what u finalise.still.its a good car to.own in that price range.
Uva yes new car launched,spacious,fairly comfortable ride too,test drive both n.them.decide.

@ Vinod

Why don't you try the micRa you will get some good discounts on petrol and if not mistaken the petrol models comes with abs, and airbags from the base model . Another car to consider is the beat petrol And diesel which might come in your budget .

No it does not.
View attachment 77063
You can add wheels to that but it still wont look like a brio.
Thats funny [lol] Might be brio has everything but still it doesn't look like a complete car, there is some fun/appeal factor missing, but perception varies from people to people

But i would recommend @vinodhraja VW Polo its one hot petrol hatch and maintenance cost is not a big worry, my friend has been using it for more than a year and a half and she has not spent more than 10k for regular service (excluding Oil)

Last edited:
Thread Starter #13
Thank you all.
Will test drive Micra once and please let me know the on road price for i20 magna. will it be within my budget of 5.5 lakhs. And the performance and the mileage of this i20 magna and the features that comes along.

@swift&furious:- Thank you for your valuable information. Can you please suggest me if in case there is a problem with polo in high way will any normal mechanic can rectify it?

Vinod

In my opinion

Brio, Sail UVA, Swift, Micra are good options and you can try Liva and Ritz too

Can you tell me what does this statement means

" For What Purpose: Occasional Highway Trips and rarely in city " occasional highway trips and rare city trips, then where does this car will run regularly [confused]

Vinod

In my opinion

Brio, Sail UVA, Swift, Micra are good options and you can try Liva and Ritz too

Can you tell me what does this statement means

" For What Purpose: Occasional Highway Trips and rarely in city " occasional highway trips and rare city trips, then where does this car will run regularly [confused]
Is it a mandate that car should run regularly like a public transport?
Guralla , please dont make fun of people . That too openly in a public forum.Please try to understand the query before posting something insensitive.

Last edited:

Top Bottom