Honda Brio Depreciation and Resale Value

Thread Starter #1
Hello All,

I am a first time car buyer and I need to decide between brio, i10 and swift.

My monthly usage will typically be a max of 800 km and I plan to have 3 highway runs per year out of bangalore which may be max 600-800 kilometers.

I liked brio except the following factors

1. 3 average sized people can't sit comfortably in the back especially on long runs
2. the boot space can have only 2 medium sized bags
3. A little lack of pick up in 2nd gear
4. Poor suspension on rough roads
5. slightly expensive service and parts would be quite expensive than maruti
6. the gear box is not so smooth as a swift

I earlier wanted to go with swift/ritz petrol but I saw that maruti does not even give a music system and remote locking in the VXI variants.

When I checked with the honda dealers there is a decent amount of cash discount + insurance which makes similar BRIO variant approximately 60k-70k cheaper than swift petrol + they are giving a number of free accessories which maruti dealers deny.

However swift will have a much higher resale value then brio.
My query is due to the above -ve factors in BRIO, what is the anticipated resale value of a brio after say 3, 4, 5 years.

Please also let me know if there are any advantages if I go with swift/i10.

The advantages found on swift rather than Brio

1. Looks
2. More number of ASS(I cant tell about quality)
3. resale (I think brio still not clicked in the indian market, May be if disel model out)
4. Bigger car?

The advantages found on swift rather than Brio

1. Looks
2. More number of ASS(I cant tell about quality)
3. resale (I think brio still not clicked in the indian market, May be if disel model out)
4. Bigger car?
The Swift looks better agreed. The resale? No hondas resale are good and there are so many swifts out there. And the Brio is a successful car if not as much as the swift.
The swift might be bigger in size but its not as spacious as a brio,not even as powerful as a brio. Hondas ASS is not bad either.

^^ If i were on same position, i shall buy the Brio and fix the thick black cool film in the rear glass on the same day. I know the swift looks bigger only from outside and brio is any day better car. But what i mentioned is peoples point of view in my state and brio is not that much successful in Kerala due to the rear looks mainly i think . Here still people thinks Honda ASS is very costlier and going behind Maruti diesels, even though running is not that much. I know Honda ASS is bad but the number of ASS is less here compared to Maruti.

Since you are primarily focusing on resale value so I'll leave other factors out of contention. As you yourself said that Brio turned out to be 60-70K cheaper than Swift so at the time of resale this difference would help you balance the somewhat lower resale of Brio. So, the net effect of ownership in terms of purchase + re-sale would almost be the same for Swift and Brio.

freakdude.

Honda, maruti,hyundai all have equal or marginal difference in used car market now a days with diesel mills fetching up more compared to petrol, so dont worry much about the reselling of your car which i am sure you arent going too very soon.Test drive all the shortlisted vehicles, and decide which one clicks your needs.Honda's engines are superb to drive, so is swift thats been ruling maruti's sales chart with its double mills.You could also look at Sail Uva,recently launched is more spacious then all the three and decide.

Now a day you can not go wrong with any car. all car are good. Only difference will be feature,power, service station etc.
What you prefer based on that, you should select your car. Do not put more important on the resale value. It will be more or less will equal. So go with your choice

According to me Brio is a good choice and there is nothing wrong with its rear glass and more people like it too !!

Resale value is very tricky these days and when you buy a car first think of the driving pleasure and its reliability and resale part comes later

It's true-in case of Brio there is ample front space but unfortunately there is less space in rear, the seat can accommodate 3 persons but not for a long distance and boot space is not spacious-thus if space is the criteria then Brio won't be a good choice.
I think reselling Brio has not come into the picture as the car is still very new when we compare it to other cars.
Don't go for i10-it's going to be changed soon.

Thread Starter #10
Thanks to all for your valuable opinions.
I am still undecided.

I like Brio as a car but I have not still decided for the following reason

- My in laws (3 healty people), may visit me twice an year and at that time I am not sure if they will be able to sit comfortably in the rear seat of Brio.
- I plan to have 3-4 outstation trips and I am not sure if the boot would be sufficient since it can at most hold two medium sized bags

The only other option is i20 (swift has long waiting period) which is out of my budget.

Thanks to all for your valuable opinions.
I am still undecided.

I like Brio as a car but I have not still decided for the following reason

- My in laws (3 healty people), may visit me twice an year and at that time I am not sure if they will be able to sit comfortably in the rear seat of Brio.
- I plan to have 3-4 outstation trips and I am not sure if the boot would be sufficient since it can at most hold two medium sized bags

The only other option is i20 (swift has long waiting period) which is out of my budget.
I20 is a great car with good space, but the following may hunt you

1. Steering rattle(personally experienced)
2. Low FE(Petrol)
3. Costly maintenance

I20 is a great car with good space, but the following may hunt you

1. Steering rattle(personally experienced)
2. Low FE(Petrol)
3. Costly maintenance
Buddy, Steering and Aircon issues were with initial i20. The later ones had these issues corrected from factory itself.

freakdude.

Swift has no waiting peiod now. In cochin swift any model/any colour available within 3-4 days.
i heard I20 steering issues are sorted out in new fudiac models

Top Bottom