Hyundai Fludic Verna Petrol or Diesel ? Too Confused

Thread Starter #1
Hi All ,

This would be my First Post here so need help and urgently.

I need to book the vehicle today or max by tom.

Been Shopping for a Car from Past 1 and half month and i am going crazy day by day in choosing one.

So Till now with all the cars TD i have taken , i have liked the below cars :

1. The New Honda City AVN edition ( october 2012 )

2. Fludic Verna top end Manual and desil.

My Usage :

The car wont be used more than 500 - 1000 Kms per month . This would be Max .

Its gonna be more of city ride and very liitle of High way .

Here is my confusion which I would love if you could help out clear things :

I really love Honda as the brand and their car quality ( Not sure about now as I use to have Honda city about 5 years back .)

BUt also , I know that the All New Honda City will be changing by this year or coming start of the next year as its been already 3 odd years for the model.

But when I compare the Honda City with Verna The features , add on etc... points towards Hyundai and I don't know how their after sales service are in bangalore and how customer friendly they are.

Now On Hyundia verna , I have heard that comparable to thier petrol engine - the diesel engine is more robust and known for.

I know according to my usage Petrol suits my need but I dont want loose on the power or feel of the car .

Now , Has anyone been using Verna AT petrol . I would wanna know how good it is on FE in city and on the high way when overtaking trucks or busses and ride quality when going above 100Km/h .

Also, Is the 4 gear AT in petrol good ? or do I look at manual only.

So Need your help to decide on the vehicle .

Which do I buy ?

1. Hyundia Verna Manual Petrol Top end model
2. Hyundia Verna Manual Petrol Top End AT
3. Hyundia Verna Desil Manual
4. Honda City AVN Edition .

Whats Important :

1. FE should at least be good if not excellent
2. Excellent back seating Ride Quality in City for my Parents
3. A stable and a safe ride on Highway when going at speed of more than 100-140
4. I budget would be 13l on road at bangalore max.

Looking forward for your recommendation and point me in the right direction .

Thank you in Adance.

I would suggest you the AVN city V. Verna is also good but depends if you prefer tide quality or handling.

Thread Starter #3
Hi ,

I Love the Honda feel and ride quality but I did also TD Verna which also is not bad... Not in the same line of Honda city but not too bad also .

If it was normal , I would any day go for the honda, But the Honda City current model will be majorly change either this year or 1st quater of 2014.

And then The addtions safety and benefits Hyundia is giving make me say really think on Honda city .

For simple example , Mirror folding , AT as option , Back Camera with the Mirror which helps in reducing the high beam of the car behind you , start stop engine....

When I am looking at spending 10-12 lakh... I would want most of the technology feature available which gives connivence to the drive and passengers.

Then go for the Verna no doubt. Its a great car,many ownership reviews here of satisfied customers. Why not the Vento or Fiesta?

Thread Starter #5
That the whole confusion : If I am going for verna which one ?

And I did do TD with Fiesta > Not happy with the Back Seat and the look of the car .

Vento > One of my cousins Have this and with VW pre and aftersales of the care with experience and price not worth it.

Hmm. The fiesta is also due for an update. Yeah the VW A.S.S is also an issue. Then go for a CRDI if the city lacks features.
And the City also has an AT.

Last edited:
If Petrol than i will suggest you for Honda City. For diesel, Hyundai Verna will be the car for you. Rest is up to you and its your call. After more than six months of ownership of Verna Fluidic 1.6 crdi i can say that i am one of the happy customers of Hyundai Family. [:D]

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
1. FE should at least be good if not excellent
2. Excellent back seating Ride Quality in City for my Parents
3. A stable and a safe ride on Highway when going at speed of more than 100-140
i have a manual petrol verna http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f.../7281-new-hyundai-verna-fluidic-1-6-vtvt.html

1. manual verna petrol average
city with AC - 8-10 kmpl.
city Non-AC- 12-14 kmpl

manual verna diesel.
city with Ac - 12-14 kmpl
city non AC - should give more than 14 kmpl.

so if you take automatic , reduce the mileage figures by 1-3 kmpl.

2. most people said there is lack of under thigh support on rear seats. but i don't think of it as a problem. just take your parents and ask them to sit in the car and see if they find it comfortable or not.

3. again many blame hyundai for their soft suspension. but in city driving they are really helpful. but on highways you feel the car to be bouncy that's for sure.

so i'll say if you want petrol go for honda city and add aftermarket features if you really want them.

if not then verna diesel but do keep in mind , cost of maintaining a diesel is much more than a petrol.

ask if you have any other questions.

Thread Starter #9
Hi All ,

Thank you for the feedback .

I want to understand is it possible to convert the manual transmision to AT later after buying a car in Honda City / Hyundai Verna ?

I am still confussed between

Honda City AVN Manual
Hyundia Verna Manual / AT

:(

Thread Starter #11
The fuel mileage of manual you indicate is ver low , as i was told it would be about 12-14 with AC.

Also, has you said it is bouncy in highway but is it safe for drive at 120-140 km/h and does it handle the turns and overtaking safely or does it go out of control

i have a manual petrol verna http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f.../7281-new-hyundai-verna-fluidic-1-6-vtvt.html

1. manual verna petrol average
city with AC - 8-10 kmpl.
city Non-AC- 12-14 kmpl

manual verna diesel.
city with Ac - 12-14 kmpl
city non AC - should give more than 14 kmpl.

so if you take automatic , reduce the mileage figures by 1-3 kmpl.

2. most people said there is lack of under thigh support on rear seats. but i don't think of it as a problem. just take your parents and ask them to sit in the car and see if they find it comfortable or not.

3. again many blame hyundai for their soft suspension. but in city driving they are really helpful. but on highways you feel the car to be bouncy that's for sure.

so i'll say if you want petrol go for honda city and add aftermarket features if you really want them.

if not then verna diesel but do keep in mind , cost of maintaining a diesel is much more than a petrol.

ask if you have any other questions.

The fuel mileage of manual you indicate is ver low , as i was told it would be about 12-14 with AC.

Also, has you said it is bouncy in highway but is it safe for drive at 120-140 km/h and does it handle the turns and overtaking safely or does it go out of control
Handling turns at 140KM/H,the Verna will lose control but thats because its not a Ferrari 458. 140kmh is too much for a normal car to handle. But the verna does bounce at 140 above,the one I drove was a 1.6 CRDI. If going for the petrol, go for the City A/T because it has the paddle shifters which make it quite fun to drive.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

mate i have a petrol verna 1.6 , i am keeping log of my petrol fill ups from april till now and the best i got with AC was just 10 kmpl.

i'm a sedate driver , i drive normally , change gears normally , accelerate normally ( 90% of the times [lol] ) and still i get just 8-10 kmpl. why would i lie to you. i'm just telling you what mileage i'm getting.

and like Theferrarifan said , it's not very safe to turn at 140 kmph. no car of the same segment will let you easily do this.

at open stretches i normally drive 80 kmph , and believe me i am confident while accelerating even more or overtaking.

i have taken the car at 120 kmph , but i didn't do zig zag , what normal person will do that at 120 kmph. driving 120 kmph straight is no harm.

and bounciness , the car will bounce even at 60 if the road's like that. on a flat road it won't.

Handling turns at 140KM/H,the Verna will lose control but thats because its not a Ferrari 458. 140kmh is too much for a normal car to handle. But the verna does bounce at 140 above,the one I drove was a 1.6 CRDI. If going for the petrol, go for the City A/T because it has the paddle shifters which make it quite fun to drive.
the car bounces even at 60 kmph [:D] if the road's not properly flat only then. if you are doing 80-90 kmph , for more than 30 seconds it will go up and down.

Thread Starter #14
Hey ,

Didn't mean to say you were lying .

Thank you for the detailed experience you have given.

mate i have a petrol verna 1.6 , i am keeping log of my petrol fill ups from april till now and the best i got with AC was just 10 kmpl.

i'm a sedate driver , i drive normally , change gears normally , accelerate normally ( 90% of the times [lol] ) and still i get just 8-10 kmpl. why would i lie to you. i'm just telling you what mileage i'm getting.

and like Theferrarifan said , it's not very safe to turn at 140 kmph. no car of the same segment will let you easily do this.

at open stretches i normally drive 80 kmph , and believe me i am confident while accelerating even more or overtaking.

i have taken the car at 120 kmph , but i didn't do zig zag , what normal person will do that at 120 kmph. driving 120 kmph straight is no harm.

and bounciness , the car will bounce even at 60 if the road's like that. on a flat road it won't.

the car bounces even at 60 kmph [:D] if the road's not properly flat only then. if you are doing 80-90 kmph , for more than 30 seconds it will go up and down.

Thread Starter #15
Hi All ,

I finally fixed on the Hyundia Verna SX O Manual Petrol.

Just booked it yesterday Evening.

Now the 10 days of waiting is like 1 year for me right now.

Now , I guess I will start one more thread I wanna ask on what all are must buy/need for car and what other best thing needed .

Thanks alot for all your replies .

Top Bottom