Help with Car Swapping

Thread Starter #1
Hi,

I got a Chevy Spark LTO (Airbag, ABS model) in 2011 October (has done only 6000 kms.) for my wife. I got all the accessories in it thinking that its my wife's own choice of car and she will be driving it for a long time. But she did'nt, she's afraid to take the car on the road coz she's not getting the clutch, gear thing and is afraid that she might hit someone.

Though I tried to convince her that she will get used to it but to no avail. Anyways I told her about automatic cars and now she wants an automatic car. So we did a survey and found out that A-Star, i10 automatic were available.

But A-Star is 4+ Lacs and i10 is 5+ Lacs. So we then did a survey in 2nd hand car market and found and i10 Sportz Automatic which is 3 years old and has done 15000 kms. The owner is selling it so they can get i20 diesel.

Now I was thinking of swapping the car with i10 automatic, but my friends etc. are suggesting me that my spark is new and i10 is 3 years old. So its logical to keep the Spark and ask wife to try to learn the same.

So now you guys know my story I want to know from you that:

Is is a good deal to swap my Spark with 3 year old i10 ? The owner of i10 is not going to buy my Spark, I have to sell it to some dealer or someone else.

Please reply.

Thanks

Hi buddy,

If you really want that i10 A/T and the condition is good, make a good bargain with the current owner and buy it. Same goes for your Chevy Spark. Sell it for the best price. This way you could minimize the losses if any.

Since your requirement is an A/T and not a manual, you should make the compromises of make and year of the vehicle. BTW, I don't think this should be an EXCHANGE rather it should be REPLACING the car (considering you are not giving it to the i10 owner).

All the best!

Thread Starter #3
Hi buddy,

If you really want that i10 A/T and the condition is good, make a good bargain with the current owner and buy it. Same goes for your Chevy Spark. Sell it for the best price. This way you could minimize the losses if any.

Since your requirement is an A/T and not a manual, you should make the compromises of make and year of the vehicle. BTW, I don't think this should be an EXCHANGE rather it should be REPLACING the car (considering you are not giving it to the i10 owner).

All the best!
Hi,

Thanks for your valuable feedback. But my main ques. is that: Is it worthy enough to exchange / upgrade in my scenario ??

Thanks.

In the present condtion your car's resale value will be very low. Keep your sparky and other options available are, either sent your wife to some good driving school again( you can try maruti driving school, they had that simulator) or just buy little old good condition AT cars (eg- old zen AT, estemm AT) at thorw away prices. Let her try on that and sell that once she is comfortable on spark.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
also , just take you spark to the nearest dealer and get the car quoted. see how much you are getting for spark and post it here. then more members will be able to give you advice.

Make your heart stronger, before going with your car to used car dealership for quotation.
I am not sure about the resale value of Spark at your area, but here it is very bad. Last friday one of my senior manager had an experience with mahindra First choice here. They quoted just Rs. 3.8 lakhs for her very good condition 2011 Grande GX Mark II BS 4( Full option) which was ran 13.5 K km only. The on road price for her car was around 9.6 lakhs. Later TATA assured team also quoted the same price.

Last edited:

Top Bottom