Honda City CE Edition Price Negotiation

Thread Starter #1
I have visited Whitefield Honda, Bangalore Yesterday and inquired on Honda City CE. They have a December manufactured White color vehicle available readily and offered free insurance and 15k corporate discount.

If I take insurance from outside, they could offer only 50% off on the insurance amount. So, I would get maximum of 25k(15k+10k) discount on this car. They said, strict no for cash discounts on this car.

I never had a discussion on freebies as I was disappointed with no cash discounts on the December manufactured vehicle. [surprise]

Also, SA advised me that there would be a price hike on Honda City cars in January 2013 if I wait.

Please suggest me is it a good deal or shall I wait for 2013 manufactured vehicles. Also, Anybody heard about price hike on Honda City in near future?

snallagatla,

Welcome to TAI and wait for a month for 2013 manufactured vehicle.Why I m suggesting you to wait for another month because you could get 2013 manufactured vehicle with better resale value than December 2012 vehicle.If you want to buy a December 2012 vehicle,then go and grab it.

Thread Starter #4
snallagatla,

Welcome to TAI and wait for a month for 2013 manufactured vehicle.Why I m suggesting you to wait for another month because you could get 2013 manufactured vehicle with better resale value than December 2012 vehicle.If you want to buy a December 2012 vehicle,then go and grab it.
Hi Abhinav,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, My original plan is to purchase the car in March/April 2013. But, As I heard about December discounts are hefty, I just wanted to give a try. Unfortunately, I couldn't get any good discounts with December 2012 manufactured car. So, I will wait till March and take the car. Thanks again.

Siva

Thread Starter #5
I dont get the insurance part. I opted for zero dept insurance and I only paid 5k extra.
Hi Ishaan,

Sorry for the confusion. Actually, SA offered free comprehensive insurance(worth 21k) along with 15k corporate discount. As I am taking the car on Company lease, My Employer may prefer to take the insurance from outside. If so, Honda will bear only 50% of the Insurance amount(i.e. ~10k).

Siva

Hi

Typical sales / Marketing gimmick by SAs in the Months of Oct-Nov-Dec to get Inventory of 2012 (or current years stocks) out and sold by Auto Showrooms in India

Every showroom will try to frighten customers by this Trap, that in JAN next year Prices will increase [:)]

Dont beleive in them and wait for JAN and take a 2013 manufactured vehicle

I really Pity the Honda and other manufacturers whose sales are not good in India that even they have to get into this trap.. as it is they are not selling cars and over and above them a customer who walks in your showrooms, you threaten him with price increase?? How shameful [anger]

This is 2013,,, 100 Manufacturers will make a queue outside your homes to sell cars!!

Thats what they said to me and they increased the price by 5K. If your car comes after the price hike then you will have to pay the extra.

Thread Starter #8
I spoke to Dakshin Honda Bangalore today and inquired on Honda City year-end discounts.

SA responded positively and sent the quote online. He offered free insurance, 5000 cash discount and some free goodies(Reverse Parking sensors, remote locking and blue tooth).

Sadly, he mentioned No corporate discount for Honda City CE. However, he promised to check with his manager and get back to me. I hope, he could offer corporate discount as well as other dealer offered me already.

including corporate discount, I may get total 40k (5k cash+20k insurance+15 corporate discount) and free goodies worth 10k. I guess, Deal is not bad at all? Can I go for it?

I will let you know guys as soon as I hear from SA. Thank you for your suggestions.

Thats a good deal. I bought a SMT this oct and I only got free insurance. And in free goodies, seat covers and parking sensors. So your offer seems like a steal to me and I feel like a donkey.

Thread Starter #10
Thats a good deal. I bought a SMT this oct and I only got free insurance. And in free goodies, seat covers and parking sensors. So your offer seems like a steal to me and I feel like a donkey.
Thanks Ishaan. Yes, I have been following your thread since first day [:)]

I don't agree if you say, I got a better deal than you.

1. Free accessories offered for both are for the same value.
2. Insurance is free for both.
3. You should have insisted for Corporate Discount(15k). This amount would not be deducted from Dealer's pocket. So, SA wont resist much.
4. Offered cash discount 5k for me which is the only difference.
5. And I should also mention about your 25k sweet loyalty bonus.

Now, Your deal looks much better than my deal. [lol]

I had a laura before so no loyalty bonus.[anger]. The parking sensors are for 3.5K and the seat covers for 4-5K. Corporate discount was not even offered despite the fact that the Pearl Hondas chain owners son is a good friend of mine.

Thread Starter #12
I had a laura before so no loyalty bonus.[anger]. The parking sensors are for 3.5K and the seat covers for 4-5K. Corporate discount was not even offered despite the fact that the Pearl Hondas chain owners son is a good friend of mine.
Sorry. I remember, you mentioned that you've got loyalty bonus 25k in your ownership review.

I understand, We can't bargain much with friends or other trusted people.

I called Dakshin Honda again today and SA advised to wait for 2 more days as he is still waiting for confirmation on Corporate Discount from Honda.

Thread Starter #13
Finally, I've booked my Honda City CE. [clap]

As Dakshin Honda sales guy still not giving any update, I've contacted Magnum Honda and they offered the below deal.

25k Cash discount (I didn't choose for free insurance)

Accessories offered
2DIN Kenwood music system with four speakers
Reverse parking sensors
Remote Locking
Bluetooth
Mats and Cover

After a long bargaining, He offered accessories also free(3k). I've paid the advance amount today and expecting to take the delivery by next week. Hope this is a better deal.

Thank you guys for your help and suggestions. [:)]

Congracts on your city! Its a great car and I am sure you will never regret like me. But doesn't the City have front speakers stock?

Top Bottom