Buying a Used Car in Gujarat.

Thread Starter #1
Hi

I am going to buy a car whilst i am living in Gujarat in 2013. The car I am looking for will be used not new about 2 or 3 years old. I am knowledgeable about cars so I'm not worried about that hurdle, but would like to know which methods are most popular when buying used from either a dealer or individual?

For your local area is it easy and quick to register a car ?
What are the dis-advantages of buying privately compared to a dealer / trader?

Regards
Jex

350Z

Core Team
What are the dis-advantages of buying privately compared to a dealer / trader?
Heartiest welcome to The Automotive India, Jexf. The chances of getting a sweet deal are high when buying directly from a private seller rather than dealers. However, dealers usually refurbish the cars and sell them at a further premium. These cars are in ready to use condition but the same cannot be said in case of an individual seller. Secondly, certain reputed used car dealerships provide warranty and financing facility which is impossible to expect from an individual seller. I also assume there’s much lesser hassle involved in paperwork when dealing with them. Yet, it is important to remember that at the end of the day, you have to be equally cautious when buying from either of the parties. There are many horror stories of several reputed dealers indulging in fraudlent activities including reversing of the odometer. I’m quite sure our thorough used car inspection guide would be of some help (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...pecting-second-hand-car-exhaustive-guide.html).

Drive Safe,
350Z

Jexf, welcome to TAI and welcome to Gujarat.As you query regarding your car purchase, firstly whats your budget to spend on your car and whats your running per day,there are many different cars with different budget available, give some more details for your requirement.Taking used car market it varies from person to person and car to car.With authorised company used showroom you would be offered refurbished cars though not always but would be gone under inspection and then being offered to you with some premium on them, maruti true value offers warranty too on their used cars.From an individual have a look, test drive it, if you know some good mechanic take him along before finalising your deal to get the best out of that used car and quote accordingly, also look out for the available deals in used car market for the specific car if you choose to buy before finalising the deal.

Top Bottom