Fiat Punto 90HP OR Ford Fiesta Classic?

Thread Starter #1
Hi,

I am currently looking to buy Punto 90 Sports. But the general opinion from friends and family suggests that Ford Classi (D) top end is available for 50K more to this and it is a Sedan.

So the dilemma between best Hatchback Vs Good Sedan (C-class)[confused].

I need suggestions from the experts.

Thanks,
Murthy.

350Z

Core Team
Re: Punto 90 Sports or Ford Classic

Welcome aboard. Please shed light on your requirements and the budget which would help us to suggest most suitable car. You may refer to this link for more.

Drive Safe,
350Z

If I were in your place I would have preferred Ford Classic though it is just old Fiesta with Figo's interior. The reasons why I would have preferred is because for just 50K more I am getting sedan over hachback and most important ASS of FIAT.

Thread Starter #5
BTW - adding my requirements here:

1. Monthly running around 800km (will increase more once I get it).
2. Previously owning Indica V2 -D
3. 4-6 Long trips (1000-1500 km round trips) in year.
4. Safety is important so ABS is important in the car for me.
5. Mine is a small family so there is no strict space requirements. But a good back seat is always good for occasional additions.

This is like do you want your left eye or right eye.
Both are lovely cars from my view.
I have a fiesta TDCI old model (2007).
I really love the machine no complaints till today.Problem is with ground clearance.
I like fiat punto but i have not driven it till today.

This is like do you want your left eye or right eye.
Both are lovely cars from my view.
I have a fiesta TDCI old model (2007).
I really love the machine no complaints till today.Problem is with ground clearance.
I like fiat punto but i have not driven it till today.
+10 @ rajvel and dharmesh

This is a tough call both are nice cars which will make a driver in you very happy.
Go first test drive them ,and here specially for this 2 cars listen to your heart and select.

Just go with Punto !! man with that awesome BHP you will never regret !! Fiesta is good choice but, not very exciting and its dated now !!

If you are looking for driving pleasure then go for Punto 90hp as Fiesta diesel though frugal is not the best of a driver's delight. Although, if a third car can be taken into contention then I'd suggest Fiesta Classic 1.6 petrol.

freakdude.

Since fiest is 68hp, does it have any drop in performance in highway with full load?
Noway!!!!! It has 100% perfomance in highway with full load i have never felt a power drop.
From 0- 110 KMPH is a very easy one and you will get full confidence till that.
From 110-120 KMPH being mine is upgraded tyres, i never feel bad but after 120 - 140 KMPH there is lazy feel in that machine
Till 160 kmph you will have a lazy drive.i have done till that.
I have done 160 kmph with full load and only with 3 passengers both were same feel.
swift and innova is a great competitors but atlast they will lose.
Punto owners dharmesh,jayadev,carfreak pour your experience with punto.

@ Murthy, this was the same confusion I had at the time of buying Punto. Both are good cars and offers best in class driving dynamics. However at the end of the day choices depend on personal likings and preferences.

Classic is a very practical and sensible car. Even though its an aging car, till today it has been my favorite in the entry level sedan segment. Easy to drive in city though its a sedan. Space is at little premium, could have been loaded with upto date features, little low on GC and no ABS in mid variant.

Punto 90HP is a monster on highway drives. VGT turbo, 15 inchers tyres, precise steering, class leading suspension & GC makes it a joy to drive. You wont get to know the nature of this car unless you drive it extensively. The car slowly grows on you. The car is loaded with features, few of which goes missing in a sedan too. And definitely when it comes to looks, no second thoughts about it.

I would suggest take extensive test drive of both the cars with your family. Dont go alone for the test drive. Because after all your family also has to enjoy the car along with you. They tend to observe few things which we fail during a test drive. Good luck for your new car selection. Happy motoring. Welcome toTAI

Hello nmurthyks, welcome to TheAutomotiveIndia.

As members here already mentioned, it's really a tough call between these two cars, where both has its own charm and uniqueness in its own way.

No way the classic feels dated, it is still the best looking sedan in the segment, not even the rapid/fiesta(a segment above)

Which variant are you looking for in the Classic?
I haven't travelled in Punto, but have travelled in Fiesta, the back seat gives good comfort and mileage figures will make your mouth awe, (got somewhere at 20 with a/c)

While Punto has got beautiful power output and very torquey, which is for enthusiastic driving and off-course the tank-like build quality adds up to the safety as well.

Plan well and all the best for your decision.

Top Bottom