Looking for Good Hatch (Preferably Diesel) Upto Rs.8 Lacs

Thread Starter #1
Dear Friends,
Finally sold my i10 auto asta after 43000 kms and 3 years 3 months of usage.

I am now on lookout for a no nonsense practical hatch or sedan (compact) free of mechanical faults/niggles.
My daily usage would be 30 kms and on one or two weekends a 100-150 kms ride.

Cars considered --
Liva diesel (new facelift to be launched by feb/march end)
Etios diesel notchback( to be launched by feb end)
Dezire zdi (though not happy with the brakeing)
Any other sensible option?

Cars may be considered but doubtful --
Punto 90hp
Swift zdi

Cars out of my list
Pulse diesel
vista diesel
micra diesel

Can try Punto.I am a proud owner of 2 Punto both are emotion variant, petrol and diesel.
This is a perfect vfm in this segment with all features at a lower price.
The car has a very strong and smart bodyline.
Also since your running is less , should go in for a petrol car.

Dear Friends,
Finally sold my i10 auto asta after 43000 kms and 3 years 3 months of usage.

I am now on lookout for a no nonsense practical hatch or sedan (compact) free of mechanical faults/niggles.
My daily usage would be 30 kms and on one or two weekends a 100-150 kms ride.

Cars considered --
Liva diesel (new facelift to be launched by feb/march end)
Etios diesel notchback( to be launched by feb end)
Dezire zdi (though not happy with the brakeing)
Any other sensible option?

Cars may be considered but doubtful --
Punto 90hp
Swift zdi

Cars out of my list
Pulse diesel
vista diesel
micra diesel
If you are not in hurry then wait for the ecosport also and the Honda amaze diesel notch back from Honda .

Rest all the hatchbacks in your price budget you have already cancelled or are doubtful so what remains ?

Yes if you like the mahindra verito its a no nonsense sedan is there , or a mahindra quanto .

Hmm,

Either go for Punto, or wait till next year as told boy Raja, those options look to be very good for you. If you ask me no non sense practical hatch with good head room and leg room is Ritz !!

My simple suggestions:

Swift (Strictly ZDi for ABS)
Polo TDi (Highline prefered for ABS) or
I20 CRDi (this may be costly)

Or if you can wait some time; POLO TDI 1.6 is on the way too... :biggrin: But I guess this might cross your budget.

Try i20 if a no nonsense car. but seriously wait for the Amaze. honda makes amazing diesels.
This is Honda's first diesel engine car in India. Reliability of the same is yet to be proven. SO if you are the guy who want's to play safe then go for proven ones. And if you want to stand out from the rest and try some new things. You can wait for Amaze, but I am damn sure, it would not fit within your budget.

Hi Amit

IMO your driving KMs does not warrant a Diesel mill

Why dont you go for Honda JAZZ? or the CITY - Corporate or E edition?

Also if Diesel it is, as per fellow members why not wait for the Amaze [:)]

I am in the same line like the members here, Wait for Amaze Diesel, though the launch date is unknown, it's bang for the buck for Sure.

Currently I feel Swift or Dzire is a best bet to pour your money and get going, i don't know whether Swift's got too much of braking issues (didn't notice when i drove one).

Amiti Sir-Go for Petrol Vehicle only.In Petrol Vehicle,Jazz is the best vehicle in 8L category.As your running is just 30 Km per day,Petrol makes you sense.Or else,try Punto or Swift Diesel.

Amiti Sir-Go for Petrol Vehicle only.In Petrol Vehicle,Jazz is the best vehicle in 8L category.As your running is just 30 Km per day,Petrol makes you sense.Or else,try Punto or Swift Diesel.
Agree with you on the JAZZ it is one of the best cars under 8L and it is very efficient too as well as a HONDA in India,, which a beater for sure

I am in the same line like the members here, Wait for Amaze Diesel, though the launch date is unknown, it's bang for the buck for Sure.

Currently I feel Swift or Dzire is a best bet to pour your money and get going, i don't know whether Swift's got too much of braking issues (didn't notice when i drove one).
100%, wait for honda's amaze launch with their first diesel engine for our market, with the reviews and details thats available till now, its right bang for its bucks.
Taking both the swifts, test drive lower trim and top end trim one by one and you would see the difference in braking, lots more inspiring in its zxi/zdi trims then lower ones.

Top Bottom