Petrol Sedan, 10-12L, Automatic

Thread Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

We are looking to buy a new car and what better place than this forum to ask the experts. I will provide all the details required to arrive at a decision.

Currently we are driving 10Y old Maruti Baleno done 74000 KM with it and still Love it. It is quite old and so we want to add a new car to the aging Baleno.

First of all, our usage is not more than 3-4km per day on weekday (yes, believe me, both our office and kid's school are just in 1km radius from home) and say 30km on weekend and once a month trip of 150-200km that makes an average 400km monthly.

This makes us go for Petrol and Automatic. We have test driven Vento MT & AT and City V AT and we really want to go for Automatic.

We have a budget of 10-12L. So shortlisted Vento Highline AT and Honda City V AT (Open for suggestion). We are inclined towards Vento because of good handling and safety features. Only thing negative for Vento is poor pre&after sales service. Secondly, my wife thinks that Honda City is very common (with all due respect to Honda City owners)

Please help me out of this confusion. I have spent many days researching and still the question remains.

Thanks in advance.

Hello Everyone,

We are looking to buy a new car and what better place than this forum to ask the experts. I will provide all the details required to arrive at a decision.

Currently we are driving 10Y old Maruti Baleno done 74000 KM with it and still Love it. It is quite old and so we want to add a new car to the aging Baleno.

First of all, our usage is not more than 3-4km per day on weekday (yes, believe me, both our office and kid's school are just in 1km radius from home) and say 30km on weekend and once a month trip of 150-200km that makes an average 400km monthly.

This makes us go for Petrol and Automatic. We have test driven Vento MT & AT and City V AT and we really want to go for Automatic.

We have a budget of 10-12L. So shortlisted Vento Highline AT and Honda City V AT (Open for suggestion). We are inclined towards Vento because of good handling and safety features. Only thing negative for Vento is poor pre&after sales service. Secondly, my wife thinks that Honda City is very common (with all due respect to Honda City owners)

Please help me out of this confusion. I have spent many days researching and still the question remains.

Thanks in advance.
Pops welcome to TAI , hope you have a good stay here .

Boss here I would suggest you new ford fiesta which has a dual clutch auto transmission . It has some nice features , superb handling and the automatic box is really advanced , you can get good discounts on that too and it is not a common car to be found on streets .

Beside that Honda city is and can be the best option , but you are right it won't have any exclusivity in owning it .

Here is a review from our esteemed member iron rock

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...fiesta-powershift-mumbai-bangalore-drive.html

Last edited:
Hello Everyone,

Thanks in advance.
pops-Go for ANHC only.Because,it has much better reliability,Performance,Luxuriness than Vento.And,if you want some extra richness,go for Vento.As it has Leather Seats,Music System with Bluetooth,Fit and Finish.And,I m also in same hunt for buying new Car.

Last edited:
It is no brainer that you should go for Honda City AT. But it is worth considering For Fiesta AT. Please TD Ford Fiesta AT as well. I am damn sure you will like it.

Even my suggestion goes for New Fiesta, the dual clutch automatic makes it an attractive buy.

I always loved the Fiesta classic (still do) and manual transmission.

Thread Starter #7
Fiesta doesn't have good space for the back row.. We need good space behind as most of the time my wife sits at the back seat with our 2Y son..

We test drove Vento AT and City V AT.. Vento looked sturdy and comfortable.. I agree Vento petrol engine is not the best but no bad either
There are some unique features in Vento which my wife liked a lot: adjustable steering wheel, front row passenger seat adjusted from behind (there is a lever behind for this), ORVM can move in opposite direction (when passing bike wale hits ORVM occasionally).. I loved the tiptronic, more than paddle shifters of ANHC.

Honda City ground clearance is very bad. We test drove on same speed breakers and City hit the breakers while Vento cleared.

I am not a Vento fan. Its just that we liked the test drive. But doubt remains because of VW service and so many many things against VW and Vento on internet.

Ahh dude the city ground clearance is 168mm same as the Vento. And I guess the OVRM in the honda can move to the other side.

Fiesta doesn't have good space for the back row.. We need good space behind as most of the time my wife sits at the back seat with our 2Y son..
We test drove Vento AT and City V AT.. Vento looked sturdy and comfortable.. I agree Vento petrol engine is not the best but no bad either
There are some unique features in Vento which my wife liked a lot: adjustable steering wheel, front row passenger seat adjusted from behind (there is a lever behind for this), ORVM can move in opposite direction (when passing bike wale hits ORVM occasionally).. I loved the tiptronic, more than paddle shifters of ANHC.
Honda City ground clearance is very bad. We test drove on same speed breakers and City hit the breakers while Vento cleared.
I am not a Vento fan. Its just that we liked the test drive. But doubt remains because of VW service and so many many things against VW and Vento on internet.
Your apprehension about vw service and reliabilty is acceptable. There are quite a number of problems in vw vehicles reported by users in different forums. Fuel pump failure, auto box failures (especially on jetta, passat and skods too) have been reported. Added to that is the inefficiency of workshop people to diagnose the issues and resolve them timely. If you are looking for utmost peace of mind from day 1 to eternity, Japs are the ones you should bet upon.
At the same time, there are many owners who not reported any issues in vw cars including me. In fact if you look for vw owners active on this forum, they are all satisfied. If you think vento offers you something special that's worthy enough to accept a few niggles, go for it. Best of luck.
The only member who has automatic vento on TAI is 'joslix', he can be found on other forums too. Check his experiences to know more.

Hi,, Good That you are spoilt for choice and that too an Automatic [clap]

I wish i had such a budget and so less usage!!

But seriously as per me in India, if it is PETROL & wow an AUTO BOX , it has to be the Honda City anytime

When your wife starts liking and gets used to the Honda reliability she might forget the common car perception

HONDA CITY anyday my Friend [:)]

Hi,, Good That you are spoilt for choice and that too an Automatic [clap]

I wish i had such a budget and so less usage!!

But seriously as per me in India, if it is PETROL & wow an AUTO BOX , it has to be the Honda City anytime

When your wife starts liking and gets used to the Honda reliability she might forget the common car perception

HONDA CITY anyday my Friend [:)]
Honda has an very good box no doubt and an amazing engine ,but buddy belive me the fiesta auto box is very advanced it is a dual clutch 6 speed box .

for me it will be anyday Honda or ford here , and if one is looking for sheer driving pleasure it is new fiesta but as the op mentioned space in rear is cramped so if space is a concern its Honda city then .

@pops

I know your subject line says Petrol Sedan, but as you might know the rumoured and soon to be launched Ford Ecosport is going to have a 1 litre Ecoboost engine with the Powershift transmission.

I think that would be your best bet, Since you have a car and did not mention anywhere about selling it off, I guess you might not be averse to holding of for a few more months

Top Bottom