Advice on a New Hatchback

Thread Starter #1
Hello everyone ! I just joined this group today and here am firing my first question.

I am looking out to buy a new hatchback car with on road price not more than 5.7 L with below features. I went through reviews and have narrowed down on I-10 Sportz. Especially its 80 PS engine and mileage attracts me towards it as I would do fair amount of highway driving.

Although Ford Figo and Chevy Beat Option Pack does seem good, I heard from a few of my friends to avoid American brands due to their poor after sales,poor resale value and high maintenance costs down the line. Could you please advice ?

> Budget: (Rs 1 – 5.7 Lakh)

> Location: Bangalore

> Top Five Priorities: (Performance, Safety, Comfort, Low Maintenance)

> Monthly Running: (Between 1,500 – 2,000 Kms)

> Type of Fuel: (Diesel or Petrol)

> For What Purpose: (Regular Use, Frequent Highway Trips)

If it is diesel then the only options available in that range are Indica eV2 and Beat

If is is petrol, go for Brio fits well and excellent fresh car with Honda reliability

If petrol,it must be honda brio,swift vxi can also be considered.

Test drive both the cars and select which excites you more.

Last edited:
As alexddas said go for a swift LDI if you can increase ur budget by a lakh. it has a powerful kick above 2000rpm in the highways. @ alexddas not 40k thats in kerala. In Bangalore its 1 lakh more

Thread Starter #8
Thanks much for the inputs. The only reason I dint have Brio in mind is its low boot space. I will surely rethink on swift ldi and beat.

Any thoughts on hyundai next gen i10 Sportz and etios liva G ?

As alexddas said go for a swift LDI if you can increase ur budget by a lakh. it has a powerful kick above 2000rpm in the highways. @ alexddas not 40k thats in kerala. In Bangalore its 1 lakh more
How many of us buy a car to get kicked![roll]

Let us say Swift and wait endlessly for months I heard its 4-5+ months as of now. swift is too much main stream and trivial nowadays.

Honda Brio is a best bet.[:)]

Thanks much for the inputs. The only reason I dint have Brio in mind is its low boot space. I will surely rethink on swift ldi and beat.

Swift and brio has no comparision with i10,beat & liva.

Test drive the cars you mentioned above,you will get your answer.

Brio boot space can easily manage 2x25 kgs passenger bags along with 1 cylinder bag.

Last edited:

As you are from Bangalore, ff you can increase your budget by say around 50k, you will can accomodate the following options too (after discounts, as man y car dealers are offering discounts in bangalore in december) -

I20 petrol Magna (O) - within 6.30 lakhs after discounts
Etios Liva petrol G SP - Within 6.15 lakhs after discounts (recommended if low maintenance and good ASS are your priorities)
Polo petrol comfortline - within 6.30 lakhs after discounts
Swift Vxi - within 6.20 lakhs
Ritz - within 6 lakhs (strongly recommended based on your requirements mentioned plus if you are fine with the exterior looks and design)

Diesal cars -
Ford Figo - best VFM car in diesal - within 6.75 lakhs for the mid variant
there are options like Chevy beat, and other small cars but if you are looking for a diesal car in bangalore, you will have to shelve atlest 7 lakhs and above for a good car. you will have cars like Swift, polo, I20, Liva, chevy Sail etc within that budget.

How many of us buy a car to get kicked![roll]

Let us say Swift and wait endlessly for months I heard its 4-5+ months as of now. swift is too much main stream and trivial nowadays.

Honda Brio is a best bet.[:)]
Meant the turbo coming in at 2000rpm and giving extra power to the engine which is very useful in the highways.
And the swift LDI has a waiting period of only 1-2 months in bangalore.

Swift and brio has no comparision with i10,beat & liva.

Test drive the cars you mentioned above,you will get your answer.

Brio boot space can easily manage 2x25 kgs passenger bags along with 1 cylinder bag.
Sharath, I second Sanjay. Do not write off Brio just because of less boot space. I suggest you test drive brio and take a call.

With the current discounts on Brio, Brio V MT is very much within your budget of 5.7 L.

For more information you could search the forum for Brio Ownership reviews (I have posted one too).

Top Bottom