Hyundai Eon? (Update: Bought Alto 800)!

Thread Starter #1
Hey guys,
My bro is looking for a car due to the amount of dust which causes problems for him while riding on bike. He first checked for second-hand Alto but now he's even thinking of getting a new vehicle! So the current shortlisted cars are Maruti Suzuki Alto 800 & the new Hyundai Eon.
As for him, he is very interested in the hyundai eon than the alto. He didn't like the looks of the Alto 800 (even k10). But its not the looks which we have to check in India but many other things too. So need your opinions!

Your Budget: Probably Under 4 Lakhs
New or Used: Anything (would require your suggestion too)
Your Location: Bangalore
Top Five Priorities: Good Performance, Not costly maintenance, can do occasional highway trips, adequate space. In fact an overall good car!
Monthly Running: No idea :tongue:
Type of Fuel: Currently Petrol
For What Purpose: Regular Use & Occasional Highway Trips
Seating Capacity: 5? [lol]
Type of Segment: is there sedans under 4 lakh? :biggrin:
Currently looking for hatchback!

Re: Hyundai Eon or Opinions please!

Go for the Eon if new. If a used sedan, try swift dizire,accent or old city. If a used hatchback then try the Swift,I10,Santro,Ritz or Polo :p

An honest suggestion from my side : go for nano.

Don't just think that its only 625cc engine small etc. Just take a test drive and then you will not compare eon with it.
That is vfm car. You will save initial cost to fill petrol for atleast 3 years

For a first time car buyer, I would always advice going in for a new car. Stop thinking and buy a Honda Brio E (MT). Discounts are available. For a better deal, buy a 2012 model car in January 2013 and you will get super discount on it. This car checks all your requirements - easy to drive, low maintenance, occassional highway trips, seating for 5 (pinch if salt). Bargain hard and you may get it at around Rs. 4 lakhs.

Somehow i would say better to go for Alto800 if you want to go for a pratical car overall. I have driven the Hyundai Eon. Although the car looks lightyears ahead of the Marutis, the engine refinement and the high speed (80-90kmph) handling is pathetic and add to it, the pathetic steering feedback.

Ev en though you mentioned new hatchbacks, For Rs. 4 lakhs you can get literally any 4-5 year old used sedan in very good condition. Its a buyers market for those cars, so your friend will be spoilt for choice and can also negotiate hard. Spend an extra 30-40k on the used car, and it'll be as good as new!

Thread Starter #8

Go for the Eon if new. If a used sedan, try swift dizire,accent or old city.
sorry but least interested in sedans.
If a used hatchback then try the Swift,I10,Santro,Ritz or Polo :p
Will consider this list. But would prefer something which is light on pocket!
Polo? Seriously [lol]? Would have considered it if it has got low maintenance but since its high. A big NO!
Already have a polo & am enjoying it! Don't require one more!

An honest suggestion from my side : go for nano.

Don't just think that its only 625cc engine small etc. Just take a test drive and then you will not compare eon with it.
That is vfm car. You will save initial cost to fill petrol for atleast 3 years
Nano is quite a good choice. I suggested him this too!
But the problem is the occasional trips. He might be travelling from Bangalore to Kannur (approx 330kms) at rare occasions.

For a first time car buyer, I would always advice going in for a new car. Stop thinking and buy a Honda Brio E (MT). Discounts are available. For a better deal, buy a 2012 model car in January 2013 and you will get super discount on it. This car checks all your requirements - easy to drive, low maintenance, occassional highway trips, seating for 5 (pinch if salt). Bargain hard and you may get it at around Rs. 4 lakhs.
I am currently motivating him to check this too! I love Brio & I know its a very good car.
What about getting a used Brio? What about the maintenance costs?

Somehow i would say better to go for Alto800 if you want to go for a pratical car overall. I have driven the Hyundai Eon. Although the car looks lightyears ahead of the Marutis, the engine refinement and the high speed (80-90kmph) handling is pathetic and add to it, the pathetic steering feedback.
I have read the review & noted the same points which you wrote here. Surely, the alto's performance is better!

Get the new Alto 800 buddy its great car to own. For more info. check my ownership review here
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...uti-suzuki-alto-800-lxi-ownership-review.html
Thanks for the reply. I have already subscribed to your thread! [:)]

Ev en though you mentioned new hatchbacks, For Rs. 4 lakhs you can get literally any 4-5 year old used sedan in very good condition. Its a buyers market for those cars, so your friend will be spoilt for choice and can also negotiate hard. Spend an extra 30-40k on the used car, and it'll be as good as new!
Actually, not interested in getting a sedan anyway!

Use brio wont make any sense if you cant find the EMT one. Which is very rare. Also I have not seen a brio for sale around.

Thread Starter #10

Use brio wont make any sense if you cant find the EMT one. Which is very rare. Also I have not seen a brio for sale around.
Actually my bro doesn't like the brio's shape with those large rear glasses. But I am motivating him to get that one! [;)].
Moreover, he doesn't require it urgently. So have enough time to check out all the cars! [:)]

re: Hyundai Eon?: Bought Alto 800!

If you want peace of mind after purchasing the car just run away from eon.

Below are the comment by hyundai eon buyer.this is not the single case just google it.

Final Words I had purchased this EON on 23rd Nov 2011 and noticed the jerking problem within a week. I had given my car four times to the dealer for solving the jerking problem. They are clueless in finding the problem and resolving it. Every time they returned the vehicle with the assurance that the problem is resolved. But the fact is that the problem remains as it is. They are doing all HIT and TRIAL methods on a brand new vehicle.
They are not even ready to test the mileage. They say that you get the mileage as mentioned in the catalogue only after 5000 - 6000Kms of running. My argument is that if this is the case, they should mentioned this in their catalogue.
I strongly recommend you NOT to invest you hard earned money for this useless car. Instead choose a proven car.

Thread Starter #14

Below are the comment by hyundai eon buyer.this is not the single case just google it.

Final Words I had purchased this EON on 23rd Nov 2011 and noticed the jerking problem within a week. I had given my car four times to the dealer for solving the jerking problem. They are clueless in finding the problem and resolving it. Every time they returned the vehicle with the assurance that the problem is resolved. But the fact is that the problem remains as it is. They are doing all HIT and TRIAL methods on a brand new vehicle.
They are not even ready to test the mileage. They say that you get the mileage as mentioned in the catalogue only after 5000 - 6000Kms of running. My argument is that if this is the case, they should mentioned this in their catalogue.
I strongly recommend you NOT to invest you hard earned money for this useless car. Instead choose a proven car.
I haven't heard about this so far. But anyways thanks, will consider this too! :tongue:

I haven't heard about this so far. But anyways thanks, will consider this too! :tongue:
Hyundai maintainence is not at all on lower side.i have used i10 kappa2 1.2.the mileage is also pathetic and the same thing i heard about eon too.

Just google it hyundai eon problems.before zeroing it.

Top Bottom