Diesel Hatchback with in 6-6.5 Lacs

Thread Starter #1
Guys one of my best friend would like to have his first diesel hatchback within the range of 6-6.5 lack OTR.To some extent he wanted to have Fiat Puto 2012 Active 1.3.He liked the features of punto within this range but little bit worried of T.A.S.S[confused]pls help him to chose the correct car.thanks..

Last edited:
If somebody is worried of Tass then better avoid it.
on the other hand give a physical check at the service centre inside out if they have some quality or space.Most of the Tata fiat ss doesnt have space even to push a needle.

Independent fiat service may Take at least an year to be fully functional or worth a mention.
fingers crossed.

Ask your friend to go ahead with Punto 2012 its an awesome car, if he had worries of resale value its fair enough, but service it would hardly be a 1 visit in 6 months even if he does 1500 kms a month and u can definitely live with it because there are many other good things this car would offer

Punto is a very good car and specially given the offers now. It should be selling in much more numbers than its doing currently.
I think Fiat is serious about India and their future plan says that. Again all are plans at the present however I dont think they would quit specially because they are the chief engine suppliers to Tata & Maruti.
So if you (or your friend) really like the car and hope to keep it atleast 5 years, go for the Punto. Fiat traditionally have poor resale however after 5-6 years it hardly matters.

Thread Starter #6
Punto is a very good car and specially given the offers now. It should be selling in much more numbers than its doing currently.
I think Fiat is serious about India and their future plan says that. Again all are plans at the present however I dont think they would quit specially because they are the chief engine suppliers to Tata & Maruti.
So if you (or your friend) really like the car and hope to keep it atleast 5 years, go for the Punto. Fiat traditionally have poor resale however after 5-6 years it hardly matters.
Thanks chayan,all this query strictly for my friend as some days back i took Fiesta diesel and i now have many responsibilities in my shoulder so i m not in a position to think of a new car.[frustration]

Thanks chayan,all this query strictly for my friend as some days back i took Fiesta diesel and i now have many responsibilities in my shoulder so i m not in a position to think of a new car.[frustration]
So how is the Fiesta serving you? I remember you serviced it through TVS last time. Why did you not go with FASS (Ganges)? Any particular reason?

I had my Jazz paint protection done from Ganges Ford and had the opportunity to talk with some Ford owners and most feedback were positive. I know the SA, so if you need his details for later, just PM me.

Thread Starter #8
So how is the Fiesta serving you? I remember you serviced it through TVS last time. Why did you not go with FASS (Ganges)? Any particular reason?

I had my Jazz paint protection done from Ganges Ford and had the opportunity to talk with some Ford owners and most feedback were positive. I know the SA, so if you need his details for later, just PM me.
Touch wood till now its running absolutely fine[:D].i have driven 4000km as of now and also getting good mileage in city as well as in highway.
There is no any specific reasons for not going to FASS,i just wanted to have the test if TVS.

Top Bottom