Manual or Automatic Car For Learner?

Thread Starter #1
Hi , I am a new leraner and have just completed my 14 day drivin course.
am a little in confident on the road and also confused about two things.
1. Shall i buy a automatic or manual transmissin car
2. Shall i go for i10 AT or Brio AT ( these are the two shortlisted ones)

Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Manual or Automatic car?

Welcome to TAI, an automatic car is obviously easier to drive but is more expensive and less efficient. Personally I like manuals but if you find clutch irritating than go for the Brio AT. Its more stylish,faster and drives nice. But try practicing in a manual and then make a choice.

Thread Starter #3

thanks for replying. isN't brio a little lower than i10 and more expensive.
isn"t driving exp better when the driving seat is a little high, am not sure if brio has adjustable driver seat.

Last edited by a moderator:

What I meant by driving experience was the handling,performance and feedback from the car. Yeah the brio is expensive but it is worth it. Although I10 makes more sense for a learner. And I think the brio V has adjustable driver seats.

For all new thing we need some time to get use to. So, after lot of practicing you will feel the manual gearbox lot easy as it gives more fun, fuel efficient, better performer than Automatic car.
I will suggest practice the gear mechanism in idle state.
Get car with manual gearbox.

350Z

Core Team
Welcome to The Automotive India. Automatic car is quite effortless to drive and therefore much convenient in comparison with manual. However, automatic has its own set of downsides which includes relatively expensive upkeep and lesser mileage. It’s a personal decision whether one should consider an automatic or manual but I would definitely recommend getting accustomed with manual gearbox too. It isn’t as difficult as a lot of learners perceive it to be. Visit the following link for a comparison:

> http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...ual-v-s-automatic-transmission.html#post22886

2. Shall i go for i10 AT or Brio AT ( these are the two shortlisted ones).
Honda Brio is a better pick. The price difference is worth, considering that it offers essential safety features. Plus, the resale will be better than of Hyundai. Test drive both the cars before finalizing.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Hi , I am a new leraner and have just completed my 14 day drivin course.
am a little in confident on the road and also confused about two things.
2. Shall i go for i10 AT or Brio AT ( these are the two shortlisted ones)

Any help would be appreciated.
For all new thing we need some time to get use to. So, after lot of practicing you will feel the manual gearbox lot easy as it gives more fun, fuel efficient, better performer than Automatic car.
I will suggest practice the gear mechanism in idle state.
Get car with manual gearbox.
I agree with Tenida, If you are a new driver then you should get to 'manual gear box' first. By driving a manual car you will learn about the internals of the engine and understand whats going on inside. Get AT only when you are a experienced driver later in life. Driving manual car is more fun and you feel you are at control. I drove AT for 11 years while at US, but on every trip back to India I made sure to drive the MT just because I did not want to loose confidence. Gear mechanism is not difficult to learn, just couple of days you will be fine. More over think of a situation when you have to drive someone elses car, and that is a MT? So don't get to comfort zone so soon. Hope you understand

Top Bottom