Help Buying New Bike: Suggestions Needed

Thread Starter #1
[confused] Hi MemBers. After Diwali I would Like to Change The My Old Pulsar 150 `06 with new BIke

Budget : Rs.60000-65000(0nly)
Comapny :(Any)

RequireMent:-

LooKs Sporty & heavy Muscular [evil] (Im 5`11 and carry heavy Body look like Sanjay Dutt ) for suitable for me

comfortable riding Qualities Good ,good to handle

mileage at least 50+

Daily Running 25-30 km Minimum (City) only this bike for city usage

my choice

Bajaj Discover 125 st
Honda Cb Twister (i heard about the bike is not good,after 6 month bike behave like scrap) i really interested in this
Honda shine
Honda dream yoga

there are many Hero Bikes but now days i don`t trust Hero.btw suggestion also welcome
note : Dont want by pulsar i just hated now

Reply as soon as possible i want buy 25 Dec..As earlier As possible..im totaly confused because budget is very limited .plz.suggest me bike in fit in my requirement

Last edited:
Re: Help Help Buy New BIke Suggestion Needed

For a well built personality and out of your option i would choose Discover ST, it comes with more bells and whistles and also the Engine is very powerful and being Bajaj should be efficient as well.

For a well built personality and out of your option i would choose Discover ST, it comes with more bells and whistles and also the Engine is very powerful and being Bajaj should be efficient as well.
+1 to that. i wanted to buy a new ride, but after a long time long search, quite a number of showroom visits and test drives, decided to postpone the purchase.

Discover 125 ST is a good bike, but i had to check the comfort of my wife also, it is very difficult for her to climb on to the rear seat.
i TD a good number of bikes. only one model suited me and my wife the Pulsar 150, but we're not completely satisfied with it.
the Discover ST has good pick up but the seating position was not that comfy for me (i am 180cm, 85kg, my wife is 72 kg)
The Twister is a good bike, i have driven it for some distance (my friend has one, more than one year i think,) the driving position is superb (again my wife can't climb on to the rear seat). a pleasure to ride even with a pillion.
only (-)ve is the thin rear tyre. my friend upgraded it with thicker tyre. now it is not fishtailing on braking. the pickup is awesome for a bike of its class.

Thread Starter #5

Thank you visran & kannan. My father Is also GO for Discover 125 ST. Today I test Drive Around 11 am on the my nearest showroom. Bike Is Good. Very good Pickup. But when i seat on the Bike Its Look Like Chiiti Pe Hathi Beth Gaya :( [lol]. Now any body can say About Yamaha sz version ?

Last edited by a moderator:

AMG

Suspended

Try the Hero Ignitor.

Also the Hunk is bang on for you, if you can live with 45-ish fuel efficiency.

Thank you visran & kannan. My father Is also GO for Discover 125 ST. Today I test Drive Around 11 am on the my nearest showroom. Bike Is Good. Very good Pickup. But when i seat on the Bike Its Look Like Chiiti Pe Hathi Beth Gaya :( [lol]. Now any body can say About Yamaha sz version ?
When i went to the Yamaha Showroom the SS125 and the SZR was available, as i was looking for 150 segment i only looked at SZR it was good, seats were great, seating position is also good. but my wife couldn't climb on to the rear.
so i dropped it.

For a heavy person i would recommend only a 150 cc bikes.But since your usage is minimum and also in the city, you can go for good 100CC bikes. I have no experience on newBajaj discover 125 ST, still it looks like a well built and a size of average 150 cc bike and on road price comes in your budget.
I would not recommend any other 125 cc bikes, as i have plenty of experience with most of them.

if you intended to use it for around 5 years, i would suggest a 150cc bike with front and rear disc brake with mono suspension( I don't like to visit the local mechanic frequently for chain & Brake adjustments)
Most of the 150cc bikes give almost equal or better mileage with more power and comfort than other 125cc bikes.the difference will be less than Rs10000.But please Don't go for Yamaha SZ. Even though it has the engine from FZ,by changing the gear ratio and tuning they made it as the worst bike in the 150segment.neither comfortable nor mileage too.

if you are going for 100cc especially dream yuga/ twister, then i would suggest you to check the new hero passion which comes with the same engine in twister/dream yuga.It may be better than the puny tire looks of Honda twins.Hero and Honda departed only in names. Still Hero using the technology from Honda and the parts quality and service is better compared to other companies.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #9

Try the Hero Ignitor.

Also the Hunk is bang on for you, if you can live with 45-ish fuel efficiency.
[:)] Hey Dude thanks For Advice But Hero ignitor.i want to say wrost design ever and copy of Honda Stunner[frustration] .Now Days After Breakup with Honda .Hero Is Not trusted brand in my opinion

Thread Starter #10

For a heavy person i would recommend only a 150 cc bikes.But since your usage is minimum and also in the city, you can go for good 100CC bikes. I have no experience on newBajaj discover 125 ST, still it looks like a well built and a size of average 150 cc bike and on road price comes in your budget.
I would not recommend any other 125 cc bikes, as i have plenty of experience with most of them.

if you intended to use it for around 5 years, i would suggest a 150cc bike with front and rear disc brake with mono suspension( I don't like to visit the local mechanic frequently for chain & Brake adjustments)
Most of the 150cc bikes give almost equal or better mileage with more power and comfort than other 125cc bikes.the difference will be less than Rs10000.But please Don't go for Yamaha SZ. Even though it has the engine from FZ,by changing the gear ratio and tuning they made it as the worst bike in the 150segment.neither comfortable nor mileage too.

if you are going for 100cc especially dream yuga/ twister, then i would suggest you to check the new hero passion which comes with the same engine in twister/dream yuga.It may be better than the puny tire looks of Honda twins.Hero and Honda departed only in names. Still Hero using the technology from Honda and the parts quality and service is better compared to other companies.
Thanks Bro.For Your reply .But I have Already 150 cc Bajaj Pulsar. after 8 years my pulsar behave like old man.and his maintain cost ..feel like OMG [surprise] .Fz is good option but but out of budget.

Thread Starter #11

When i went to the Yamaha Showroom the SS125 and the SZR was available, as i was looking for 150 segment i only looked at SZR it was good, seats were great, seating position is also good. but my wife couldn't climb on to the rear.
so i dropped it.
thanks Again.But Im Just single now(Not Married.For Family I Hve HH Splendor +).So Is Bajaj Discover 125ST his comfortable[;)] What You Say .

thanks Again.But Im Just single now(Not Married.For Family I Hve HH Splendor +).So Is Bajaj Discover 125ST his comfortable[;)] What You Say .
125 ST is real good, the gearshift is also improved. the pickup was great even with pillion (both of us are heavy).

btw you said that maintenance cost of Pulsar is high. is it really bad? i have a 20 year old Bajaj 4S till now apart from the usual worn out parts replacements and 2 complete overhauls (including painting) did not give me a heavy maintenance/km cost. and returns avg 65+ KMPL (max was 89 KMPL)

that is one of the major reasons to believe in Bajaj.

have you tried the Slingshot? my friend has one the only trouble is the high angled seat. he's getting 70+ avg KMPL

Last edited:
Thread Starter #13
Re: Help, Buying New Bike: Suggestions Needed

Humm..So can i go For THe Discover 125 ST. i go for the Test ride.update soon

Last edited:

^^ answers for your worries as per my knowledge.

1.Tires- MRF(for the commuter bikes like ours, MRF is the best in india.Use MRF tube also. they are long lasting,puncture less and give good mileage too.MRF tubes are famous for their air holding ability for log terms)
2.Which break? Specify the issue.
3.specify the problem
4. "
5. Bajaj engines are famous for this.

your questions

1. why you need to spend money for modification on 6 year old Bajaj bike.i love to see the old analog pulsar meters. it has better looks than the digital.
2. i saw some old pulsars upgraded to these rear panels and LED light. it really look very ugly.
3. you can get these parts in scarp shops at cheap rates, thanks to large number of pulsars which are stolen/accidents/scraped more than other bikes in the segment.

My personal suggestion- the second generation pulsars came with 17 inch tires,alloys, gas filled shocks were looking cute in the stock condition. Please try to maintain the same. It will give a better resale value than the modified ones.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #15

^^ answers for your worries as per my knowledge.

1.Tires- MRF(for the commuter bikes like ours, MRF is the best in india.Use MRF tube also. they are long lasting,puncture less and give good mileage too.MRF tubes are famous for their air holding ability for log terms)
2.Which break? Specify the issue.
3.specify the problem
4. "
5. Bajaj engines are famous for this.

your questions

1. why you need to spend money for modification on 6 year old Bajaj bike.i love to see the old analog pulsar meters. it has better looks than the digital.
2. i saw some old pulsars upgraded to these rear panels and LED light. it really look very ugly.
3. you can get these parts in scarp shops at cheap rates, thanks to large number of pulsars which are stolen/accidents/scraped more than other bikes in the segment.

My personal suggestion- the second generation pulsars came with 17 inch tires,alloys, gas filled shocks were looking cute in the stock condition. Please try to maintain the same. It will give a better resale value than the modified ones.

1.Both Brakes Need SOme work.Disc Break is not working and backside drum break is not working. i think tyre is flat thats..but what`s worng with disc break..is sound like khuuu--khooo when i ride ..too ugly

2.Okay I take ur suggestion old is always gold.so as it is.

3.i asak tyre dealer it cost 2100-2700 ? is that okay for MRF

Top Bottom