Help for Buying January Manufactured Tata Aria

Thread Starter #1
hi.
I am new to this. thanks to all of u for your efforts.

I need a suggestion. I am planning to buy aria pure model. the best deal I have negotiated is RS. 10.50/- lacks for on road I Delhi.
but the car I am offered is January 2012 make.
please suggest if it's good option to buy this or its too old a vehicle.

regards

Deepak

Re: Help for buying January Mfgd Tata Aria

If you are eager to buy the vehicle then try bargaining more discounts, as surely you will get more. as this is now one year old manufactured model. And also before buying perform the thorough inspection of the same.

And please stop posting same questions all around the forum, let other members atleast wake up from the sleep and they will surely answer your question and will help you to make proper decision.

Thread Starter #3

dear dharmesh
thanx for your reply. the multiple listing was by mistake. no intentions.
on your reply.
this is the best discount I can negotiate. and it's not going down any lower. I'm concern over car being year old. is this a cause of concern. what are the negatives of buying year old mfg vehicle.

overall I am ok with aria

kindly reply

regards

Last edited by a moderator:

Make sure you get the tires, batteries, wiper's and all the running fluid replaced and also do take a TD of the car before you put the money down.

Your risk factors.
Battery life.
Tyre life
lubrication since the vehicle is at a standstill.
A probability of a lemon being rejected by prospective buyers and rejected when seeing the condition inside out.
Failed in the RTO fitness test and afterwards made to work by some jugaad.
Was used as a TD vehicle with The ODO meter disconnected.
Now they want to get rid of it.
These are the possible risk factors you need to consider.
And not all/none/all may be applicable for your car.

If at all you buy this car, get it serviced from them. And first of all do the TD of that particular car. to check if there is any issue or not. TD will surely clear many things for you.

Thread Starter #8

hi thanks to all of you for your suggestions.

regarding discounts. as per prevailing rate the on road price of pure in Delhi is around 14.16 lacs. to this they are giving 2lacs discount as given by company , over this they are giving 1,56 additional dealer discount, hence final on road price is 10.60 lacs.

is this a good price for a year old vehicle, or there should be more discount to it. (though the dealer is not negotiating any further...i can try somewhere else)

For me it is a good discount , but it won't hurt checking with other dealers as well. You might be lucky to get even more discount. [clap]

Deepak Bhai - Hari OM!! Ke aayon [:)]

I think you are getting a very good discount and offer on a 1 year old vehicle

But please understand that this is not a used vehicle which is 1 year old

When it is a used vehicle you already know the pros and cons of a 2nd hand vehicle, but mostly it has been running and that is what matters in a car / vehicle. It shud be in RUNNUNG condition and not stand still

In the case of this ARIA, it is in STAND STILL condition (Dormant) and we just cannot imagine if the running fluids, tyres, mechanicals, batteries, electricals, cables, ECUs, etc are doing fine or not?

Also the fact that you are planning to Plonk your money on a TATA vehicle (That too an ARIA) is a Risk in itself even when you are buying a latest manufactured Tata Vehicle [anger]

So the risks become MultiFold if its a stand still Vehicle lying in the yard of the dealer

Also completely agree on Points shared by SuperBad about the Risks

You are investing your hard earned Million Bucks,, Think Twice and Thrice with TATA [confused]

@ DK, I hope following posts help you .
There is one more proud owner (fellow TAIan tornado 78 )of ARIA whose car is manufactured 1 year back before the date of purchase, you can go to his public profile and then read his ownership thread, it will be useful but before that read following posts.Don't hesitate to ask n' number of queries.

The problems associated with a car manufactured >6 months back are

1) battery quality deteriorate s due to noncharging in time , please find out manufacturing date. better to replace it at the time of delivery.
2) rubber and plastic life and quality deteriorates and becomes unpredictable, The most important is rubbers are tyres.
Tyre quality becomes unpredictable due long disuse, it gets hardened , leading to bouncy ride, leading to underinflation by user, leading to reduced fuel economy.

Such tyres are also prone to sidewall cuts due to hardening , leading to untimely change of that one pirticular tyre, leading to balancing issues, as remaing tyres are hard and old, the cycle continues.

Please find out manufacturing date of tyres of the car.

Door , boot , window , bonnet , plastic and rubber beadings get hardened ,may lead to
water leakages in monsoon, do not rely upon post carwash scenario. Also important are engine rubber foundations.

All kind of oils needs to be replaced.

Also resale value will suffer by 5 to 10 percent.

You will have to cleaverly find out wheather the car was used as a TD car,

please , take into consideration, the above mentioned parts , while calculating the discount.
Please hold on the registration process, unless you confirm and find out following things
1) date of dispatch of the vehicle from factory
2) date of arrival of vehicle at factory
3) date of manufacture of tyres
4) form 22
5) road worthiness cerificate
6) dealer done pdi on paper and talk with the engineer performed it.
7) xerox copy of User manual, read all notices given in it.

And most important ly Tata has prescribed special maintenance/service procedure(to be carried out by dealer) for long storage vehicle s, it is different from routine dealer pdi,get copy of it .

Why do you want to dry clean the interior, if it is dirty or unclean that means car has been used previosly by dealer/his children/td/staff,/previous custemer.

Absence of seat covering plastic is highly questionable /suspicious
Come on do it before registration. Dont get bullied by discount.
Please, decode the tyre manufacturing date , it's on the tyre side wall. It's must be more than 1 year.
Rubber of the tyres manufactured >6 months back especially if the car was parked under sun, for 1 year, is bound to harden alot, leading to
1) bumpy ride, especially on the undulated repaired pot holes . This reducd ride comfort is due to reduced flexibility of rubber.
2) cuts on sidewall while passing through pot holes,
Both problems demand tyrechange ( Rs 40 k/set) nullification of discount.

What about 'special maintenance\ service PRESCRIBED BY TML ' to be carried out for vehicle stored for >6 months/long storage.
If the dealer is not copertive, then contact TML ,urgently.

TML has issued notice in my manza owners manual ( page169) that if the'Long storage special maintenance/service as prescibed by TML' is not carried out, can seriously damage the car.

General manager of TASS has told me that it constitutes following things
1] change all rubber all plastic, housings as hard rubber/plastic leads to leakages in monsoon.
2 ] change tyres for reasons mentioned above
3] engine foundation rubber s,
4] all types of oils.
My concern is that you should not get lemon amongst many arias stored for > 6 months, in lieu of socalled heavy discount.and not to frighten you.
After all its a question of 10 lakh.
1] to4 ] points mentioned by me in my last post are prescribed by TML. Those rubber plastics hose and joints might be in good shape now, but their life span gets reduced, so you might need to change them earlier as compared to newly manufacture d cars.

If the 'additional' discount amount justifies the forseen' early' plastic /rubber{ read tyres } replace ments then only your deal is o k.
Please get the user manual xerox copy. it will tell you 'Pdi 'and 'special service/ Maintainance for long storage car' are different things.

Tyre manufacture code is ' itched ' on the side wall of the tyre , while all other info is embossend on the remaining sidewall. Notedown the' itched' code .It has frist few letters such as CHO, last four digits are number such as 3410.
These last four digits indicate the manufacture date.
Initial' two 'digits of the total four digits, indicate week of manufacture.
In case of 3410 , initial two digits are 34, so the tyre is manufactured in 34 th week.

The last two digits indicate year of manufacture.
In case of 3410 , last two digits are' 10' so the tyre is manufactured in year 2010.
In summary code 3410 , means 34 th week of 2010.

Iam stressing too much on tyres because it is going to be used as suv on rough terrian.
Best luck.
I have dragged my above mentioned posts from other threads.
I have posted photos of notices from my cars owner mannual, hope it is useful for you
I have asked the mods to merge this post with last post.
Please see the photographs taken from 'VEHICLE SERVICE' section of tata owners mannual.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
When it is a OEM fitted vehicular battery, month of manufacture is the decisive factor for warranty claim and in your case battery was lying iddle , unused for a period of 11 months atleast, might be more.
Here is a pic of my OEM fitted battery warranty card.

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #15
dear all friends
thanks for all your helpful replies.
I was away on business trip hence was not able to reply.

this is also the reason that my decision is still pending. I m getting calls from dealer every other day . after hard negotiations I am still not able to get more discounts.

frankly now I am not able to decide wether to but or not.
on a second note I am now thinking for Tata storme also. offcourse this will cost me more as compared to aria as there are no discounts.

pls suggest

regards

and thanks to u all

Top Bottom