Totally Confused. Budget Rs.7 - 10 Lacs

Thread Starter #1
i dont know from where to start. All i know is my budget is around 7-10 lakhs.I need a car in category of sedan and a diesel one. My choices are Nissan Sunny, Renault Scala, Hyundai Verna, Maruti Dzire, Volkswagen Vento and Renault Duster too. Renault Duster is a small SUV so i can consider it. Plus its 85PS version gives a good mileage. I need good front seat comfort and space because I'm gonna drive it and mileage is must. So please suggest one.

Ad!tya

Suspended
Re: Totally confused.. Budget 7-10 Lacs

From the above lot, I would suggest you 'Renault Duster'. You can select the desired model. Being a mini SUV, it will be packed with lots of space and its engine churns out ample power and yields an acceptable mileage.

Other choices I would have considered : Maruti Dzire Vdi/zdi, Tata Manza, Toyota Etios.

@yaha...h, please read single post thread by elite TAI an 350 z,

Looking to Buy a Car?(must read)

in the same automotive shopper section. And then post here accordingly.
We will try our level best to help you.

if you can Wait for few more months till 2013 march then go for honda Amaze
else duster is the best choice

Thread Starter #6

My running is around 2000kms a month. I already own a Maruti Swift Vdi 2008 but I'm gonna sell it off as its mileage is around 90k and want to buy the new car as an upgrade.

MSN1.. considering that I need ample space in the car, i guess Honda Amaze isnt as spacious as Renault Duster..

Re: Totally Confused...Budget Rs.7 - 10 Lacs

@ yaha...h ,Out of 2000 km, how much will be city , highway running?
.Are you bothered about the space and comfort at rear too?

Why not the Ertiga, if you want practicality, flexibility, space, comfort and fuel economy, all rolled into one. If you don't need that space then Duster would be a good choice.

To confuse you even more --- Ford Ecosport also should be out in early Jan by the latest, and Enjoy by Chevrolet hopefully in December.

Thread Starter #9

@tornado.. 1200 kms on the highway and 800 in the city. rear space and comfort if added will be good but driving pleasure is what im focusing on..

@sandeep.. I already own a Toyoto Innova bought it last year only. So dont need another MUV.

If you'll be driving so heavily on the highways every month, i would advise to go with the best highway cruiser among the given cars - Volkswagen Vento. Its an amazing mile cruncher with great driving pleasure, the low end torque is really addictive and the ride is very composed at triple digit speeds too,ample of back seat comfort too and a decent sized boot to handle your requirements. And as you said you already have a Innova , it would be better to add a sedan to you garage rather than another SUV/MUV like Duster or Ertiga. My vote is for VW Vento diesel.

If your concern is driving pleasure and if you can compromise a bit on rear comfort then Fiesta or classic fiesta is the choice.

Verna is a good choice but rear comfort depends on height of rear passeger , if the height is korean type, then nothing is better than verna.

If you want equal front and rear comfort the SUNNY nissan is the choice.
For the person who is used to toyota ASS , it will be unfair to advise a TATA car otherwise I would have advised you to go for topend TATA manza, espesially if back benchers are more than 6 ftp. tall.Remember that driving pleasure in modern diesel cars (crdi, crde, ddis, m jet, q jet) begins only after turbo is charged i.e, say after 2000 rpm.

I do not know any thing about duster.sorry.

Last edited:

Volkswagen Vento. the low end torque is really addictive and the ride is very composed at triple digit speeds too,ample of back seat comfort .
@yaha....h,low end torque is important in your case as almost 800 km running will be in city, low end torque is important for city drives than the highway drives.
In case of vento, there is tall midline hump on the rear footwell which makes the fifth passeger uncomfortable, and thereby all 3 on rear.please check it.

I advice you post your TD experience of Sunny, verna, and vento here so that you can have presise discussion.After that go for classic , fiesta TD.

Last edited:

The whole forum knows how much I love HONDAS,,, even though i am an Ex-Tata Motors employee [;)]

Hey man,, if you are not in a Hurry wait for the HONDA AMAZE in April 2013

The whole forum knows how much I love HONDAS,,, even though i am an Ex-Tata Motors employee [;)]

Hey man,, if you are not in a Hurry wait for the HONDA AMAZE in April 2013
Check post #6

Hey yahabhiyah i would suggest you the 2012 Vento since it's a nice car, diesel and the upgraded model has some new features as well over the previous model and looks nice as well. Has comfort, good ride quality, space and should be under your budget.

Other option that you can look is Vern 1.6 Crdi EX and SX model.

Top Bottom