Booked a Honda Civic (But Still Confused)

Thread Starter #1
Hi,
First of all hello to everyone,i am new here.

I just booked a honda civic 3 days ago and delivery will be done in 6 days.However today i read many articles that stated honda has discontinued civic for indian market due to petrol variants.They are only selling the cars which are in showroom stock.I am wondering that should i continue with my purchase of civic knowing that it is discontinued or is being discontinued?
Will it have any effects later like drop in car value or problems with availability of spare parts and all?

I would like some suggestions as to what can be the disadvantages if i go with civic.

Alternative car i am planning to check is Chevrolet Cruze.So please enlighten on it as well.

Though i have made downpayment for civic to honda showroom,i can cancel my booking with some amount deducted and with some hassles[;)] if i do it in right time.

P.S I am a very very big fan of civic but when it comes to buying a Rs 16 lacs car i can compromise civic.

Thanks

Civic is far better product than chevy cruze.
You should delete this thread and start waiting for your delivery.
For me it should be civic or altis and no other car in this range.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #3
despite the fact that civic is discontinued or is being discontinued in indian market now?

Thanks

despite the fact that civic is discontinued or is being discontinued in indian market now?

Thanks
Its being discontinued in india only as u also mentioned.so for me its not a big deal but if you dont want to drive any discontinued model than its totaly your choice.also dont forget its a proven car worldwide.
If i am not wrong honda deducts 2% of exshowroom price for any cancellations.

I would suggest to just stay away from chevy & hyundai they are selling carts not cars.

Last edited:

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
if i were you i won't buy the civic. and if you ask the dealer about the same they'll say these are rumors.
and 16 lakhs is a lot. i didn't knew the top variant costs 16 lakhs [surprise]

civic is a good car but it's out dated. it's been present for years but no facelift. just so you know they won't be bringing the next-gen civic to india just because of very low sales.
i agree it was a head turner but in its time.

also , cruze is a proven success and the new cruze with new engine and jet black interiors. go and TD the cruze , it has the most powerful engine in its class.

don't want to add to your confusion but elantra has some premium feel to it [;)] your money , one time investment , choose wisely. no harm in checking all possible options.

laura is outdated , altis has no power but still a success , jetta is way too costly.

I would stay away from Civic as of now in India no doubt it's a wonderful and proven car ( even I am driving one currently) but they gave discontinued the current civic in India and there is already a facelift version out on the roads. Which is not coming to India as of now due to poor sales of civic.

Also you may encounter double dip when it comes to resale value because:
Firstly: it's petrol
& Secondly: it' a discontinued model.

So I would suggest please don't put your hard earned 16L on a civic as of right now.

+10 to Singh890
me being a civic owner too, its a fantastic car and can still hold on its own compared to much modern cars, but the resale value hit will be too high eventually and honda has been sending mixed messages on discontinuity.
Btw you can get a preloved civic as a bargain in the used car market for less than half the price, if you really insist on one.
Also Please list your preferences so we can suggest alternates.

I would suggest to just stay away from chevy & hyundai they are selling carts not cars.
This statement was hilarious. :lol!:

I would stay away from Civic as of now in India no doubt it's a wonderful and proven car ( even I am driving one currently) but they gave discontinued the current civic in India and there is already a facelift version out on the roads. Which is not coming to India as of now due to poor sales of civic.

Also you may encounter double dip when it comes to resale value because:
Firstly: it's petrol
& Secondly: it' a discontinued model.

So I would suggest please don't put your hard earned 16L on a civic as of right now.
+100 to Singh890.

If I were you I would have not brought any car which I already knew before buying that the car is going to be discontinued/facelifted in the future. Also if I would have brought one; the resale value of the car would have been dropped drastically.

You can consider Elantra too only if you are okey with HYUNDAI. Believe me; Hyundai does not sell all carts; there are some cars too in their lists.[;)]

Civic is probably the best cars in in that price range, the main negative is its being a petrol. I have one since Sept 2006, and done about 150000 km. still no plans of disposing, as none others match up to it.

BUT it being discontinued in India does change a lot of things. Are you getting a very good discount? Then it might make sense. Otherwise you will loose huge value, though parts will not be a problem, even in the grey market. It is one of Honda's highest selling car.

@masked: Its a no-brainer. Cancel your booking, unless you are okay with losing Rs 6 lakhs in depreciation the moment you drive your new Civic out of the Honda showroom.

Hi masked,

Welcome to The Automotive India.

To state the things straight, i can only suggest that if you are okay with a petrol car, then go for a Civic with no doubts. Although the car is soon going to get discontinued, you will never regret spending money on it. However, if you have any questions regarding fuel costs, and are considering a diesel option, then look no further and go for a Cruze right away.

Thread Starter #12
Do you guys think that I will have a hard time getting civic spare parts later?

Currently,I kept the remaining payment on hold for civic.I will test drive cruze and Laura and hope either one wins my heart.

One thing is that my friend is using Chevrolet optra and he has changed its suspension twice and he told me to stay away from cruze as according to him has the same problem.Does cruze has such problem?

In bigger cities in mumbai parts wont be a problem, not sure about your place.
If you love the civic , and if the rest of the TDs dont enchant you, i suggest you go for preowned civic as a compromise, you will be left with enough cash to buy another 10 lakh car.

You can also try VW Jetta or Passot. Even they fall around 15-20 lakh segment. There was a very nice article on Jetta in Times of India paper yesterday (Bangalore edition).

My two cents, I will definitely not buy a car that is going to be discontinued. Your experience post the purchase of the car may not be good, given the fact you have paid around 16+ lakhs for the car.

When I booked my Vento, the dealer was ready to sell the old Jetta (brand new car) for 14 lakhs on road price. But as the new Jetta (model) was already launched by then, I went ahead with my new Vento face-lift only.

No, the spare shouldnt be an issue. If you see, the 1st gen Honda City spares are still available with most of the HASS. Further, i would suggest you to please make up mind whether you want to go for a Diesel or a Petrol car.

Top Bottom