Mitsubishi Lancer or Ford Ikon or Hyundai Accent???

Thread Starter #1
Hi Experts,
Can you please suggest me for which car I've to go for?
My budget is in between 100000 and 120000.

Awaiting for your reply.

Thanks and Regards
Aniket P.Katkar

Last edited by a moderator:

350Z

Core Team
Can you please suggest me for which car I've to go for? My budget is in between 100000 and 120000.
You could also consider Old Honda City. It’s a good performer and holds a decent resale value. Otherwise it has to be the Lancer. What are your specific requirements?

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #3
Currently I owned a Tata Sierra. Now looking for a family car which suits better in terms of performance and also looks for the family......

Ad!tya

Suspended
From the above mentioned cars (mentioned by you), I feel the Hyundai Accent to be the closest to your requirements.
Otherwise, do consider the Honda City. It proves to be a perfect family car.

My suggestion is if you are going for petrol cars,you could add maruti Baleno/Esteem also to your list. As per my experience maintenance cost is very less for these two and spares availability is higher than other options. Ford icon and Hyundai accent have higher maintenance cost and not good to use in LPG/CNG. I have no experiance with Lancer petrol.

My selection out of the lot would be Lancer, undoubtedly, for it's sheer driving pleasure and road manners, not to mention it's all time hot looks. Lancers age very well and suffer low resale so you can find a decent example in that price range. OHC is another sweet performer but in this budget you's find an older example that most other options. Accent is another good to have but Lancer scores hands down. I would have suggested Baleno but finding spares is getting tougher with every passing day.

freakdude.

Thread Starter #7
Hi All,
Thanks for your replies........
Finally I've decided to go for and Lancer and found one also. Posting some pics of it....The owner of this car qutoted it for 1,10,000 and its with Petrol along with LPG....

Can you please tell me whether its worth of it?

Attachments

Why? Is it harmful to have a LPG fuel in Lancer? Please help on this....
Not at all harmful. I have seen many lancers running successfully with LPG. It is very difficult to comment on the car by seeing the pictures, but lancers have a reputation for good build and low maintenance. However have it checked at a trusted garage before buying.

As others have suggested, Honda City would have a slight advantage over Lancer.. not specifically on the maintenance part but on faster resale. Otherwise they would be at par.

No issues with the LPG fuel. You could try bargaining a bit. How much has it clocked till date.
However, if you still open to more cars, please do look for used Honda City which enjoys good aftersale.

Seems a bit too nicely maintained, maybe covering up for something. How old is the can and how much run. Get the engine and mechanicals tested thoroughly.

freakdude.

Thread Starter #13
Seems a bit too nicely maintained, maybe covering up for something. How old is the can and how much run. Get the engine and mechanicals tested thoroughly.

freakdude.
I checked this car with mechanic and he suggested me not to buy as it already crossed over 1,50,000 KM and its of 1999 MFG year. So I decided not to buy it. I'll continue my search for the same and will look for OHC.

Sorry to confuse you mate but a small suggestion, if there is some other option i would tell you to go for vtech or OHC's if you want it cheaper

All you mentioned above are discontinued models and sooner or later you would face spare parts and resale issues

OHC's and vtech still have strong support from honda and is one hot looking baby how much ever times spotted

My 2 indian cents [;)]

Sorry to confuse you mate but a small suggestion, if there is some other option i would tell you to go for vtech or OHC's if you want it cheaper

All you mentioned above are discontinued models and sooner or later you would face spare parts and resale issues

OHC's and vtech still have strong support from honda and is one hot looking baby how much ever times spotted

My 2 indian cents [;)]
An averagely maintained Vtec is almost impossible to find in this budget. One can get lucky with OHC but that too 1.3 only as decently maintained 1.5 OHc should be around 1.4lac plus.

freakdude.

Top Bottom