Buying a New Family Car (Upgrading from Alto)

Thread Starter #1
Using Maruti Alto for last 6 years for us (me and wife). Lots of travel on the wheel while o weekend or in holidays. The thing changed from last year when we have twins baby boys. We used bed on rear seat (make it flat) for them. But now when they jump and move inside the car, we have to make the decision to buy new car with space and our regular traveling habits. So we start looking for cars in our budget 5 to 6.5 Lk.

Ad!tya

Suspended
Re: Buying a New Family Car

I suggest you the Toyota Liva (with new interiors) and Ford Figo.
To be true, Etios liva is better in terms of space, legroom, looks (IMO) than the Figo.
You can have a TD of both cars and decide.
BTW, Where are the priorities? Cars considered?

Rajan-Go for Ritz VDI.If your budget is 6.5L,Ritz is the better choice.Ritz has better interiors than Liva and as you had Alto,Ritz is always a better choice than Liva when it comes to performance and interior quality.And,Ritz is VFM than Liva.

Rajan-Go for Ritz VDI.If your budget is 6.5L,Ritz is the better choice.Ritz has better interiors than Liva and as you had Alto,Ritz is always a better choice than Liva when it comes to performance and interior quality.And,Ritz is VFM than Liva.
hi rajan, welcome to tai, I would also recommend to have a look into Ritz. It does slight odd at the rear but its quite spacious and build also is better. I would also like you check on i20 which has excellent interiors. But ya Hyundai maintenance is bit costly but they are reliable build.

Hey I would second Ritz. You could also try vista. I have bought this car 4 months back and the experience has been really wonderful. It is a fantastic car on highway as well as on city roads.

I had test driven the following cars before I had decided
1 Ritz
2 Vista
3 Liva
4 figo

Rejected Figo as I felt the engine noise was more, and underpowered. Liva was out because of the same reasons, also I felt Liva was expensive for the features it had offered.

Ritz and Vista share the same multijet engine which is smooth. Both offer lots of features.

I would suggest you to take the test drive all the cars mentioned above and decide for yourself.

Happy revving..
Rohit

Using Maruti Alto from so many years, you might be inclined towards Maruti, like all Maruti owners. If thats the case, i would recommend to go and check out Swift and Ritz. I guess Ritz VXI and Swift VXI would be in your budget.

When i TD both of these couple of week's back, i loved Swift and actually liked it much more than Ritz because of its ride and handling, body hugging cushioned front seats, engine performance and looks. However, I was a bit uncomfortable because my (rather long) left leg touches the dash frequently making me uncomfortable. On the other hand, i felt very comfortable in Ritz and it gave me good overall feel with a tall stance and nice road view. However i felt the ride and handling of Ritz lower than Swift and quite a bit of body roll. I am not a great fan of Ritz design, but i felt its quite good (being different) spc with the front changes in the new model.

I would also recommend you to TD i20. The engine might not be as peppy as a Swift, but the premium feel you get with i20 is unmatched, be it the cool exterior, spacious and aesthetically designed interiors or the best in class boot space. I personally didn't liked the driving experience of i20 when compared to Swift or Jazz, but then you didn't mentioned your priorities.

I would recommend you to TD the premium hatches and decide. My recommendation in priority order would be:

1. Swift
2. i20
3. Polo/Ritz
4. Brio (You could get top model in your budget, however the boot is small, so this comes last)

350Z

Core Team

But now when they jump and move inside the car, we have to make the decision to buy new car with space and our regular traveling habits. So we start looking for cars in our budget 5 to 6.5 Lk.
Welcome to The Automotive India. How much is your monthly usage? You should first shortlist fuel type based on it. Give a look to Etios Liva, Honda Jazz and Chevrolet Sail U-VA. They are suitable family cars and offer a good flexibility for the mentioned requirements.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Swift LDi
Ritz VDi
Punto dynamic
New Sail U-VA
And Vista Lx,Vx
TD all above cars , this will fulfill all your needs.

Rajan

I will reccomend the HONDA JAZZ

all variants come with all safety equipments, wow fantastic

That shows how committed the Honda guys are to give a fab product and also their commitment to customers and with kids, you shud not even double think [:)]

Rajan

I will reccomend the HONDA JAZZ

all variants come with all safety equipments, wow fantastic

That shows how committed the Honda guys are to give a fab product and also their commitment to customers and with kids, you shud not even double think [:)]
I agree, Jazz is one of the best hatches around. However, it would be out of his budget.

Using Maruti Alto for last 6 years for us (me and wife). Lots of travel on the wheel while o weekend or in holidays. The thing changed from last year when we have twins baby boys. We used bed on rear seat (make it flat) for them. But now when they jump and move inside the car, we have to make the decision to buy new car with space and our regular traveling habits. So we start looking for cars in our budget 5 to 6.5 Lk.
It would help us help you if you share a few details like :

* No. of kms/month
* in-city/highways kms/month
* max/min no. of passengers in car
* your space requirements like big boot is a must or so
* your preference of fuel type
* would there be elderly freequenting the ride

Once we have these details we can suggest you better.

freakdude.

In above mentioned budget and special need for space, TATA Vista Quadrajet LX/VX is best option.

We also upgraded from Maruti Zen VX 1999 to Vista Refresh 2011.

Top Bottom