CNG Car Dilemma. Please Suggest.

Which car ?

• Total voters
Thread Starter #1
Hi Guys,

A newbie here so please pardon me for any mistakes.

Was on the lookout for a budget CNG hatchback in the price range of max. 4.5 on-road. The least it is , better it would be.
Only looking for the CNG options that have are being provided by the company or by the dealer on behalf of the company i.e with warranty. A strict no-no to the aftermarket fitments.

Based on the above criteria, my choices are :

1.Maruti Alto 800 LXi CNG
2.Hyundai Eon Magna+ CNG
3.WagonR 1.0 LXi CNG
4.Hyundai i10 Magna 1.1 CNG

For me the real competition is b/w Alto 800 & Eon. Rest are secondary choices.

Weighing the pros & cons for both :

Alto 800 :

+ives : Factory Fitment, Renowned Engine, excellent certified efficiency i.e 30km/kg, Maruti's Cheap & Stellar After Sales

-ives : Quirky styling of exterior (predecessor was better), Absolutely stripped of features.

Hyundai Eon

Pros : Styling .. styling .. styling, the unending feature list

Cons : Dealer fitment CNG, Engine performance and efficiency unknown, Hyundai's A-S-* is expensive from what i've garnered from reviews.

My basic requirements :

1.Strict city car for easy commuting.
2.Good mileage on CNG
3. Effective AC
4. Slight underpower is manageable.

Which car would you guys suggest ? Please keep the diesel/LPG or only petrol options out of the list. Only looking to the dual combo of Petrol & CNG.

Also, if any owner could comment on the CNG kit offered by Hyundai, it would prove to be of immense help.

Regards,
BBThumbHealer :)

I recommend eon for style and more comfort. Alto 800 will make u feel old soon due to simple interiors. Dealer CNG kit is also fine should not be an issue till its authorised.

Jango.

Thread Starter #5
Thanks guys for your response. What CNG mileage can i expect from the Eon provided its a dealer fitment ?

Also, on paper Eon Petrol is rated at 55BHP & for CNG ~47-48BHP, whereas the Alto 800 Petrol is around 47BHP & in CNG mode, its 39BHP. Is this extra power really shown while driving Eon or just negligible in comparison to Alto800 ? I expect the performance to be even worse on AC.

Even i'm willing to settle for Eon because of the sheer quality and styling of the product but the above things surely worry me.

BB

Welcome to TAI !!

I suggest you for Wagon R !!

If you select a CNG then boot is occupied, then you need ample space inside the car except boot. In these conditions Wagon R will really impress you and cheap on pocket and proved CNG performance.

Why not Alto 800, Space wise and styling wise it is behind Wagon R, of course if you say no to Wagon R based on budget then select this car.

Why no to Eon !! It is really excellent with styling and space inside, but you can't find comfort like Wagon R and also Hyndai maintenance is also expensive than Maruti. Also FE is less with Eon when you compare maruti.

If it has to be purely on styling and fresh chicken, then go for Eon !!

Considering your usage, Wagon R would suit you better as it would be lighter on the pocket. I prefer i10 though, cause of the looks and good low end torque of the 1.1L engine. Also its interiors feel comparitively plusher. The LXi CNG costs about 4.48L here in Pune after discounts.

I also recommend Wagon R because same got a factory fitted kit which is far superior than any dealer fitted kit secondly sheer amount of space inside which can give you many reason to smile as you use it. Only drawback in this car is it rattles like hell in few months like other Maruti cars.

BB-Go for Wagon-R LXI CNG.It has much utility and space than Alto and I10,it is cheaper to maintain than I10 and Maruti Service Backup is just excellent.But,my mother and I hate Wagon-R due to some reasons.But,I recommend you to buy Wagon-R.

i gotta two words for ya. wagonR rocks..go for it.i was also confused between alto 800 cng top variant and wagonr, but alto cng top model comes at 4.16 in mumbai whereas if you pay 25000 more you will get the brand new wagon r which is better than alto 800.i did the same.

Nothing beats WagonR factory fitted cng kit with better dampners and suspension setup for cng variant which is different then the regular wagonR to handle the weight load of extra cng tank, if you can stretch a bit nothing is better then Waggie green, its more roomier, more spacious upfront and for rear seats,Also if you are inclined towards hyundai i10era,irde2 variants costs below 4 on road after discounts and add 25 to 30k for cng kit from dealers side with warranty, better engine, space and interiors compared to alto or eon.
My two cents.

Top Bottom