Used Honda City (1 genration) 1998 model

Thread Starter #1
hi all. help Needed Fast..my father is planning to buy car for me[:D].but used one.i saw in olx.in and also put the picture the car reg is GJ 5.is far away from my house only 70 km. the PRICE of car only र 75,000 [clap]

1 configuration of car
Model Honda City 1998
fuel : lpg+petrol
Power window,power steering, pioneer sound system.

can i go For it or Not ? help. is that right choice ?

Attachments

Last edited:
Do get the car checked up fully, especially the steering, suspension and the engine/gearbox. The 15 year road tax and fitness check etc. will also become due. Otherwise the OHC is one of the most trouble free car in the market.

Spares and service not normally an issue in the aftermarket.

Thread Starter #3
Thanks SandeepBhai.[:D] for your valuable reply.i need more information about means engine specification,his mileage what are the good feature and what are bad.the car has dual fuel so engine may be not powerful.[cry].i confused on that..normally the city is not available for that price.tell me what are the point check in the car.if i want to payroad tax and all RTO issue can u tell me the cost of it.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #4
[anger] what is this guys help me on this...there is no more post here.i go for the test drive of vechical 16th please help me out[cry]

The price 75k is okk for a Honda City if its in a proper running condition. It has a powerful engine and delivers a so-so mileage. But keep in mind that its parts are toooo costly and are scarce.

My friend (garage owner) also bought a 99 model from scrap in Rs. 55,000.

The car we bought was in dead condition. We checked the engine, did few minor repairs and started the engine. The power steering pump of the car is not working, and new one costs Rs 6000 so the old one has to be repaired. Also the floor is rusted. The door hinges were lose so we inquired for it a set of door hinge costs Rs 2200/-

Now regarding your Honda City.

1. In the pic it looks that the car is not well maintained. It seems the seller does not have time to wipe it off before posting its pics for selling.
2. The floor may also be rusted.
3. Music system and Power windows should be working.
4. Check the power steering for proper functioning.
5. Check if the Gas kit is properly RTO approved or not.
6. Check the seats, door pads for any sign of wear/tear.
7. Pull the floor mats and see any signs of rust. Open the boot and see any sign of rust.
8. Check the tires for any wear/tear.

There are many more points to be discussed in buying a second hand car.
The parts price I mentioned is from Lucknow. and I am not aware of price in Gujarat.

In my option do not go for this car as It may cost you more in future as the parts are too costly.

Do not hurry in buying a second hand car. If you want to buy this one then take a reliable mechanic with you for checking the car thoroughly. After checking the car you can also negotiate the price.
Do post your budget and requirements so that we can suggest you more about second hand cars.

Thread Starter #6
Ya. You are right.we have experiences on maruti 800 .we buy at only 40000 and after 2 year we want to sell in scrap[frustration].we only get 10000.okay now my story is that my papa is Government servant as posted class 1 officer.and also provide the GOVT.jeep but now my father deside the came with him and learn some work from him we want to start business.so we want a car to visits company and my father sides.we have alto k10 but its for a family use.so we go for the used car.under the 1 lak.if the diesel car possible please suggest me

requirement of the car
power steering
AC
Fuel must be in CNG,petrol, diesel
Mileage at least 15 km/l minimum
only hatchbacks and Sedan

one thing I want to say i have no experiences on buying car.and Thanks For the your engorgement..reply as soon as possible i have deadline of 16th.otherwise we go for the bike [frustration]

Last edited by a moderator:
Never go for a second hand diesel car, until you know the owner properly and have seen him/her handling the car. B coz there is no guarantee of diesel engines. ie. it may loose all power and performance after 50k kms only. A diesel engine required much more care/maintenance as compared to petrol ones.

You can go for a Maruti Esteem, Indica v2 (if you get a proper one). Esteem is a good car and delivers 15+ mileage on petrol. Its a good car for under 1 lac budget. The esteem parts are cheaper as compared to honda city or any such car.

Try to search a car which does not have LPG kit. Get the car serviced and install a new Gas kit, as Gas kits need proper servicing and maintenance and its hard to find out if the previous owner has done proper servicing

Thread Starter #8
[:D]Thanks again . your choice and my father choice are same my father also like the Maruti Esteem as you can say my father is hardcore lover of Maruti Esteem.one more thing i heard and find our on side the maruti 1000 Esteem also diesel is that right..i have some pic of that car look out the pic

the detail of car
Ad details
Make:Suzuki
Model:Esteem / Cultus Crescent
Mileage:25 Kms
Year:1991
Type of car:4-door
maruti 1000 diesel. toyota 1n turbo Eng. with R .T. O passing 25 kl / L[confused] what ? 25km/l ?? COst only rs 50000

Attachments

As i always reccomend - Please do not buy second hand cars untill you are buying Pure vintage stuff

My reccomendation is always - One should always buy a NEW Car within the budget limitation one has. And that too it should be the top end model / version as far as possible [:)]

By the way- No offence meant - But Both the above cars in your post are in pathetic condition

Its a waste of money and time

But Both the above cars in your post are in pathetic condition
I totally agree with Ankx

Do not go with any of these.
Now regarding Esteem D.
Esteem D uses a Peugeot TUD5 engine 1527cc, 57bhp. (the same used in Zen D) and not a TOYOTA engine. The previous owner must have swapped the engine.
As I earlier told you, don't go for a second hand diesel car.

Thread Starter #11
Yes.i just conform that The previous owner swapped the engine. now the point is that i can`t go for the New Car so .i decided to go True Value OF maruti any suggestion on that[;)]

My suggestion is to skip both the above cars since they both will burn big holes in your pocket. unless you plan to restore them spending time & money, please do not buy these. Do not buy any pre 2000yr model car, Instead look for a used car around 2000 model

1. Palio - Solid colour, spares can be costly
2. Zen (Petrol) - VFM car, easy on maintenance
3. Santro 1.1 (Old santro) - Quick car, spacious

Buy one of these & fit a CNG/LPG tank for around 15K (not sure about the LPG fitting cost).

All the best.

Thread Starter #13
Yes,yes I Agree :agree: I like Santro and Zen.can I go for It. I like CNG beacuse its safe then Lpg. confused about palio. if any problem on that so where can i service.The tata Motors services the fiat cat like punto etc. i found many palio but i late go for him becacuse of that issue of parts and services .

One thing i mention that i never go for the Local car repair . because of past bad experiences of maruti 800 .i only service in ASS[:)]

Top Bottom