Honda Jazz X or Ritz ZXI

Thread Starter #1
Hi,

I am from chennai, i have undergone a surgery on my L4 disk on my spine. i currently drive an alto. have short listed the Ritz Zxi and Honda Jazz. Ritz for the height and Honda for the comfort. I have a problem with Ritz though the clutch lever is on a higher level which required me to lift my leg to apply those and it causes discomfort.
Can any one advice on which would be better for aperson with back problems:-)

Thanks
Ram

Ram, why don't you test drive all the cars with tall boy design viz. Wagon R, Ritz (already have), Estillo, Santro and i10.

I, however feel i10 AT should suit you the most. I'm not technically sound when it comes to medical terms, but I do understand that you suffer pain while lifting your left leg. Also, since it is related to your spine, a tall boy or a car with high front seats would suit you most as it helps in easy ingress and egress from the car, an automatic would be help even more and your left leg can rest all the time while you are driving. Ponder on it!

Thread Starter #4
thanks Teja,
i have done the test rides and have shortlisted the Ritz zxi for its height. reg the pain in my leg i checked with my doc and he said not to worry and that should not be a concern. I am going to test drive Jazz X this weekend.

I wan to know the comfort Jazz x gives over ritz in the long run

Thanks
Regards
Ram

Ram, why don't you test drive all the cars with tall boy design viz. Wagon R, Ritz (already have), Estillo, Santro and i10.

I, however feel i10 AT should suit you the most. I'm not technically sound when it comes to medical terms, but I do understand that you suffer pain while lifting your left leg. Also, since it is related to your spine, a tall boy or a car with high front seats would suit you most as it helps in easy ingress and egress from the car, an automatic would be help even more and your left leg can rest all the time while you are driving. Ponder on it!
I had test ridden the Brio and its seating is very low other wise a good car.I did not get the Jazz X when I went for the test drive. I am going this weekend adjust the seat and will try.

Jazz does not have a auto version yet so do take a look at the Brio AT. it will suit you rather greatly!

Last edited by a moderator:
My vote goes to goes to Honda Jazz X. It is anyday superior to the Ritz. Whether its refinement levels, upholstery, quality of interiors and exteriors. My advice would be to go for back to back test drive of the cars. I am sure that would help you get to your decision immediately.

Thread Starter #6
Thanks Akash,

I will do test driving this weekend. I am only looking at the riding comfort between both the vehicles. does Ritz being taller have better suspensions?

thanks
regards
ram

My vote goes to goes to Honda Jazz X. It is anyday superior to the Ritz. Whether its refinement levels, upholstery, quality of interiors and exteriors. My advice would be to go for back to back test drive of the cars. I am sure that would help you get to your decision immediately.

As you there is discomfort while pressing and leaving clutch, Any Manual Transmission car will cause you pain in longer run. I would recommend you to look out for Automatic Transmission car. Ofcourse Ritz is good car and also have good seating posture as it is tall body structure, but clutch I cannot comment on as I have not driven it.

Ram, a latest one is; The facelifted Ritz will have an option for Automatic transmission as well. Not sure as to which variant will have that, but its going to be a petrol one. Do consider this one while TD'ing other cars.

@Ram

Between Jazz and Ritz, I may vote for Jazz for its really good comfort. Ritz is bumpy at times and it may cause problems to you.

I suggest you to select a AT version car than a manual and lot of cars are being offered in AT these days and few are going to come very soon.

Thread Starter #11
Thanks gurrala

I am also thinking of Jazz X will be taking Test Drive on saturday. I was only worried about the Ride comfort.

@Ram

Between Jazz and Ritz, I may vote for Jazz for its really good comfort. Ritz is bumpy at times and it may cause problems to you.

I suggest you to select a AT version car than a manual and lot of cars are being offered in AT these days and few are going to come very soon.

Thread Starter #12
I test drove the Jazz X with the seat raised. Awesome. I have decided to go for Jazz X. The cost is around 7.7 lakhs and waiting period of 4 months.

I test drove the Jazz X with the seat raised. Awesome. I have decided to go for Jazz X. The cost is around 7.7 lakhs and waiting period of 4 months.
Good choice Ram. Service costs are also quite low. Went for 35K service recently and cost was ~3.2K. Major portion of this was because I chose synthetic engine oil. If you select normal (i.e mineral), cost is nearly halved. If required I can give detailed break up later.

Needless to say, you will enjoy the car and the superb iVTEC engine.

Thread Starter #14
Thanks chayan i was infact thinking about maintan costs. it seems no different from my alto now. will be booking it next month. I would like to fix a rear view mirror. do you advice to fix from dealer or outside. and any other suggestions would be helpful.

Good choice Ram. Service costs are also quite low. Went for 35K service recently and cost was ~3.2K. Major portion of this was because I chose synthetic engine oil. If you select normal (i.e mineral), cost is nearly halved. If required I can give detailed break up later.

Needless to say, you will enjoy the car and the superb iVTEC engine.

Thanks chayan i was infact thinking about maintan costs. it seems no different from my alto now. will be booking it next month. I would like to fix a rear view mirror. do you advice to fix from dealer or outside. and any other suggestions would be helpful.
You mean parking assist/sensor? Not exactly sure what you mean by a rear view mirror as it already has that.

Top Bottom