Rockford Fosgate Suggestions

Thread Starter #1
Rockford Fosgate - Fair Price?

Hi guys

I recently upgraded the factory-fitted speakers in my Honda City ZX VTEC to Rockford Fosgate Components R1652-S (MRP Rs. 6,490/-) for the front doors, and the R1693 6x9 co-axials (MRP Rs. 4,750/-) for the rear parcel tray. I plan to install an amp and subwoofer later. I did not change the stock 2-din HU (Alpine CDA-W560), as in my opinion, they're decent.

Few queries for the experts here -

1) While the new system sounds much better, there is a "hum" from the tweeters, and the sound seems to distort a lot when taken past 20 (the HU goes up till 35). Can any experts here suggest if this is to be expected, or is it an install/setup issue?

2) The install costed me 11,000/- with bill including taxes and installation chg/spacer... I am wondering if I have been charged a fair price. I did ask around (after the install....my bad) and some of the other dealers hinted they will be in a position to offer good discounts on the MRP, but they can't discuss the same over the phone. Can someone say approx. what is the discount offered on MRP for Rockford-Fosgate products?

3) Would it improve the sound a whole lot if I go with 4-ch amps for the 4 speakers, or go with 4 ch amp and hook it to the front 2 comps and the rest 2 can be bridged for the sub?

Looking forward to your responses...thanks.

lxi.

Suspended
Re: Rockford Fosgate - Fair Price?

Congratulations for the ICE upgrade buddy.

I feel that the hum sound is a installation issue. Do post a video so that i can get that HUM sound!
You should Have asked for price negotiation before the install.No idea for the Discounts!
Yes, If you go for a sub. You have to add an amp. You can connect 2 channels of a 4 channel amp to the sub and rest two to the Tweeters(Components). You will experience crystal clear sounds even at high volumes.
There is JBL Basspro subwoofer available which has an inbuilt amp. So you can check that one also.The rest two have to be bridged to the sub, Other wise the sub wont provide punchy and good quality bass.

Thread Starter #3

Thanks lxi.

I am planning to purchase another vehicle (XUV5OO) soon. To save costs, I want to get wiring done in both cars, and share the amp and subwoofer between the cars. Do you think a monoblock sub with inbuilt amp would be better in this scenario? Or what would be the best way?

The HUM sound is what you get when your system pics up the electrical noise from alternator. Do get back to your installer to see any loose connections or naked wires/joints touching a thing. I suggest go for descent speaker cables rather than what come with the speakers, atleast for the components. Regarding the distortion you are getting, stock HUs are not good at signal/freequency reproduction and that's why produe mediocre sound. I would suggest you to get a descent 4ch amp and drive your speakers with it, you'll love the difference.

keep us posted.

freakdude.

You could get a discount of approximately 10-15%,varies from dealer to dealer.
Recheck wiring for speakers,and more importantly the phase of the speakers,that has a huge impact on how it sounds,and sounding distorted at higher volumes is normal,get a 4 channel amp,use the 2 channel for the comps and 2 bridged for the sub and ensure you use a good amp wiring kit with some good rca's.

lxi.

Suspended

Thanks lxi.
Your most welcome!
I am planning to purchase another vehicle (XUV5OO) soon
Thats a good news! Congo in advance!
To save costs, I want to get wiring done in both cars, and share the amp and subwoofer between the cars.
This means that you will add sub and amp to both your cars (XUV andCity) at the same time, so you can negotiate more!
Do you think a monoblock sub with inbuilt amp would be better in this scenario?
If you are going to have a sub for both cars and amp for both the cars.
Then Get a sub with inbuilt amp (JBL BassPro12, You can check in the JBL site) and a seperate mono amp and sub for the other car.
Or what would be the best way?
Or if you want sub and amp in only one car and only amp (Mono) in the other.
Then Use your current mono amp in one car and get JBL Basspro for the other.

Cheers.

I think the humm sound can be due to the earthing problem . A noise reducer is a perfect resolution for it . Also, I think you might want to consider changing your stock head units. I think for such installs Pioneer head units are the best. Also, ensure that with the amp you should have Scoche wiring or a JBL wiring kit.

Hope you enjoy the sound.
Regards

Thread Starter #8

I think the humm sound can be due to the earthing problem . A noise reducer is a perfect resolution for it . Also, I think you might want to consider changing your stock head units. I think for such installs Pioneer head units are the best. Also, ensure that with the amp you should have Scoche wiring or a JBL wiring kit.

Hope you enjoy the sound.
Regards
thanks for the tips, will keep in mind when installing amps.

Regarding the humm sound, I have figured out that it's there only when I play CD and not when the radio is playing....and it's coming from the tweeters at the beginning/end of the song...it's basically the sound that is reduced by Dolby NR but since my headunit is not THX certified, I can't yet think of a way to remove it. Any thoughts?

Hi..
Im looking for a Front Component , Rear speakers 400W peak or 500W peak, one sub from Rockford Fosgate .

And one 4 channel amp to drive to both sub woofer and rear speakers.

Front Components can go directly into the HU, okay ?

What Im looking at the prices ?
What all options do I have ? Do they have a online store ?

Top Bottom