Converting a Non USB HU to a USB one

Thread Starter #1
hey guys!!
is it possible to convert a non usb HU to a usb one? mine is a pioneer DEH 2950 MP which is a basic cd/mp3 player with front aux-in. so i was thinking whether it is possible to add a usb using the aux-in port? or can it be done by DIY?or is there any alternative to add a usb to my HU? (no plans to change the HU though) guru's please guide.

napster

Suspended
You get fm modulators which come with a usb port, All you have to do is to set a frequency in the modulator and set the same on your FM tuner too, AFAIK We cant convert a non usb to a usb .

Thread Starter #4
but the sound quality from the fm modulator may deteriorate right? and i dont have a power socket in my car(alto). i am using my i-pod with the aux in by making use of a cable which has 3.5mm jacks on both sides(the cost of the cable-15 bucks[:D]). not very interested towards chinese goods. but still let me see. i need to search for it in bangalore next month. anyways any other suggestion are welcome. may be ramie can help me on this or even dilip(deville) may even help me with a DIY.

No the sound quality wont deteriorate much Sriharsha!! But i think its better connecting to I-POD rather than using this FM modulator!!

Try the fm modulator.
It too has a aux port.
try checking the quality with its help too. I hope it must be same .

Also have doubt does the fm modulator do transmit in stereo format.
Fm modulator cost 300/- or even lesser may be 250/-

Power socket very basic one cost just 80/- Some shop walas term them as cigar lighter.

The sound quality from FM modulator depends on which brand you buy. Trying going for branded FM modulators,you wont face much problem then.

And converting a normal HU to USB one is not possible.

Actually you can try the FM modulator also!! The SQ wont be that bad except for disturbances during passing through traffic signals!!

Top Bottom