Bluetooth Adapter for Volkswagen Vento TDI HL - RCD 310

Thread Starter #1
One of the most important thing which the Volkwagen fail to satisfy its C Segment customers are its minimal not upto the fight ICE systems.

In the New refreshed 2012 Vento Highline TDIs, they provide the Kenwood RCD 310 as default with four door speakers

Plus:
It got USB Support to connect your medias
Parking sensor display with warning noise
The black and white back light

Minus:
No Aux-in or Bluetooth system (Even though steering mount controls have Call control buttons)
You can add it for extra cost too
No GPS (Way too much for segment like this)

All you need to do is to change the whole system if you are looking for a better one. I personally do not want to change the ICE for say till next one year [frustration] (bad decision though) to have the feel of VW's originality.

But my biggest problem is all my favorite long time collections reside on my Apple iPhone and I badly want it get connected to my Car's ICE (Even though I cant transfer all my songs to USB media and play it here)

So comes the internet friend Goolge and end up in the below product

CarAudio Connect FM Bluetooth from Belkin

Need all your experts opinion on the same or few alternate solutions also as my Vento music system doesn't have an input method via Aux-in or Bluetooth.

Note: One more biggest problem is that this product is not available in Indian Belkin Market nor in the streets of the market. You can purchase it only via eBay or so

Attachments

you can use a MDI to ipod cable for your ipod. something like this

http://www.ebay.in/itm/251046626989?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_5934wt_922

this will go in the connector in the glove box in place of the MDI to USB cable that comes with the car. Its probably the easiest/cheapest solution. I dont know about availability in India, though these days you can buy them anywhere in the world and have it shipped.

Another link of an online seller that ships worldwide:
VW RCD510 RCD310 RNS510 MEDIA-IN MDI Interface Adapter Cable for Ipod Iphone | eBay

Last edited:
Thread Starter #3
you can use a MDI to ipod cable for your ipod. something like this

http://www.ebay.in/itm/251046626989?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_5934wt_922

this will go in the connector in the glove box in place of the MDI to USB cable that comes with the car. Its probably the easiest/cheapest solution. I dont know about availability in India, though these days you can buy them anywhere in the world and have it shipped.

Another link of an online seller that ships worldwide:
VW RCD510 RCD310 RNS510 MEDIA-IN MDI Interface Adapter Cable for Ipod Iphone | eBay
Thanks for the reply joslicx. I absolutely go with your option of MDI to iPod converter cable. It helps playing my music collection in my RCD 310 (may be with my steering controls working too)

As you rightly said, availability is not a problem now as it is a boundary less world now-a-days

But also this above said device will help us to connect any bluetooth enabled device being paired with the Car music system and play its music collections instantly where the above said MDI cable has limitation of Apple products only.

Need your insight on the same joslicx and other Techies out there.

P.S: Thanks MODS(350Z) for moving the forum to right section

But also this above said device will help us to connect any bluetooth enabled device being paired with the Car music system and play its music collections instantly where the above said MDI cable has limitation of Apple products only.

Need your insight on the same joslicx and other Techies out there.
well Pr3m I am not an Apple fan by any distance so I dont know that much here. I am happy with the USB connector provided as I carry all my songs in a 300 rupee USB stick and it works absolutely fine [:)] I will never buy any Apple products so I am not bothered by this limitation and also I do not use BT functionality while driving (as it is distracting) so that is also not a problem with me. I came across this product somewhere so shared it with you and others here who might need to pair their apple devices with the car music system.

If you want to go with the Belkin device its fine but it will exhaust your charging point in the car and there is only one of that in Vento. So you wont be able to use it for anything else. That is the only limitation I can think of. I plan to use my mobile for navigation when required and will need this charging point to keep the mobile battery charged (as you know in navigation mode mobile battery burns too fast). If you also plan something similar then think about it as well.

Thread Starter #5
If you want to go with the Belkin device its fine but it will exhaust your charging point in the car and there is only one of that in Vento. So you wont be able to use it for anything else. That is the only limitation I can think of. I plan to use my mobile for navigation when required and will need this charging point to keep the mobile battery charged (as you know in navigation mode mobile battery burns too fast). If you also plan something similar then think about it as well.
Hey thanks joslicx for your reply, The point which you have brought here is absolutely valid, GPS drains the battery to the core and yes like you I am planning too to use my mobile for the navigation.

But unfortunately I being an apple fan and would like to use my phone to take calls while i am driving as I will be late to attend my morning official calls as usual [frustration] so no option for me other than to try something like this.

Also this Belkin product says there is an extra slot available for additional devices charging.

May be I will go with some second grade local goods to test the comfort before investing on this high end product. The MDI cable is of real help to me Joslicx, thank you for it, will try to get the cable from local markets if not I will go for eBay transaction [glasses]

Hi Pr3m

Once you are able to lay hands on whatever device you buy, please lets us all know and also if possible write your experiences with it. Might be of benefit to some people who use Apple products.

Also with the Belkin product I have my doubts if there is enough space there in the car to put it in the socket provided as the gear lever is also there. I'd say check that first before putting your money on it.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #7
Hi Pr3m

Once you are able to lay hands on whatever device you buy, please lets us all know and also if possible write your experiences with it. Might be of benefit to some people who use Apple products.

Also with the Belkin product I have my doubts if there is enough space there in the car to put it in the socket provided as the gear lever is also there. I'd say check that first before putting your money on it.
Sure joslicx [:D] I have asked my buddy in US to hunt it for me from some retailer stores out there and he will send it to through some of his mates coming down town. Surely will post my hands on experience on it for the fellow Apple devotees.

YES, the placement of 12v socket in Vento is a definite misplace that ruled me out of using the below product which is readily available in the Indian stores [frustration]

TuneBase™ FM with Hands-Free

And for those who are interested in the above product here is the eBay link to order it with Free shipping (My final Option if my friend can't get it out there in US)

CarAudio Connect FM Bluetooth

No Aux inputs in the new Vento also which is another disappointment from VW

One of the most important thing which the Volkwagen fail to satisfy its C Segment customers are its minimal not upto the fight ICE systems.

In the New refreshed 2012 Vento Highline TDIs, they provide the Kenwood RCD 310 as default with four door speakers

Plus:
It got USB Support to connect your medias
Parking sensor display with warning noise
The black and white back light

Minus:
No Aux-in or Bluetooth system (Even though steering mount controls have Call control buttons)
You can add it for extra cost too
No GPS (Way too much for segment like this)

All you need to do is to change the whole system if you are looking for a better one. I personally do not want to change the ICE for say till next one year [frustration] (bad decision though) to have the feel of VW's originality.

But my biggest problem is all my favorite long time collections reside on my Apple iPhone and I badly want it get connected to my Car's ICE (Even though I cant transfer all my songs to USB media and play it here)

So comes the internet friend Goolge and end up in the below product

CarAudio Connect FM Bluetooth from Belkin

Need all your experts opinion on the same or few alternate solutions also as my Vento music system doesn't have an input method via Aux-in or Bluetooth.

Note: One more biggest problem is that this product is not available in Indian Belkin Market nor in the streets of the market. You can purchase it only via eBay or so
Hello,

is it posible to upgrade existing VW coustomers to upgrade the music sysytem ? If yes how much it wil cost

Hi,
This is my first post on the forum. Excited to be here!

It's only been 5 days since i bought a new VW Polo 1.2 (p) Highline refreshed model, which has a RCD 310 ICE. There is a USB cable in the glovebox, similar to the one found on the Vento. I have been able to play music from flash memory devices like pen drives and all, but whenever i connect my 4th Gen iPod Touch 64GB via the iPod Cable, I get the following messages in that very order:-
1. It shows on the RCD 310 panel- INITIALIZING
2. MDI-IN - DEVICE NOT FUNCTIONAL

Does anybody here on the forum know what the issue might be?

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/automotive-shopper/9528-purchasing-new-volkswagen-polo-1-2-2012-refresh-model-5.html

Have a look at this, post #64. Most polo highline owners are recommending purchasing these cables. I haven't had a personal experience however with these cables.
Hi,

I have been trying to figure out whether this cable given in the link below can be used to connect to my VENTO HIGHLINE Diesel model ( 2011 ).

VW RCD510 RCD310 RNS510 Media in MDI Interface Adapter Cable for iPod iPhone | eBay

Also, i just wanted to find out if anybody got a clue whether i can accept/reject calls on my iphone using this device.

Thanks in Advance
Sreeram.

Hi,

I have been trying to figure out whether this cable given in the link below can be used to connect to my VENTO HIGHLINE Diesel model ( 2011 ).

VW RCD510 RCD310 RNS510 Media in MDI Interface Adapter Cable for iPod iPhone | eBay

Also, i just wanted to find out if anybody got a clue whether i can accept/reject calls on my iphone using this device.

Thanks in Advance
Sreeram.
The cable is for listening to music files on your iphone/ipod through the stereo, not for making calls.
Whenever you get a call while the phone is plugged into this cable, the music would stop and you would hear your ringtone on phone. I guess this is how it should work.

Are you looking for bluetooth adapter for RCD 310? Have a look at the link posted in first post above.

Hi,

Thanks in Advance
Sreeram.
As Rightnow rightly mentioned, the cable is for listening to music via your iPod/iPhone. It won't enable making or receiving calls. I'd recommend a Bluetooth kit for the same. I am not sure if the RCD510 has bluetooth capabilities, so do check that as well.

Has anyone tried this to play music from your iphone

http://vi.raptor.ebaydesc.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemDescV4&mobile=1&pm=1&ds=0&item=321968189326

Top Bottom