ICE Upgrade for Vento Highline (Petrol)

Thread Starter #1
Dear Members,

First of all a big HELLO to all and wish you a Happy New Year!!!

I recently got delivery of my Vento Highline (petrol). It is an awesome car I must say. Love everything about the car except the stock music system. No USB and BT in this age... c'mon are you kidding???

Being said that, I am looking for a upgrade of the stock audio system. I am looking for the following features in the ICE:

• USB with iPod/iPhone control
  • CD/MP3 Playback
  • Bluetooth pairing with my phone and music playback
  • Touch-screen interface (optional)
  • On-screen video playback (optional)
  • Reverse camera (optional)
  • Navigation with GPS (optional)
  • Budget - within 35K including components

The options available in Volkswagen dealer is too limited. Although there are many options available in the market I am not able to decide. Moreover I am quite skeptical about the warranty (heard lot of negative stuff about this thing in particular). As per the dealer I will void the warranty if I get ICE fitted outside. I am also in touch with an ex-VW guy who has been fitting ICEs for almost 2 years now. According to him there is no problem with an aftermarket ICE as long it is plug & play i.e. no wiring is tampered with and he says there are some such models available.

Has anyone in this forum got such a mod in the Vento? It would be very helpful if you could help me choose a proper ICE and get it fitted through proper hands so as not to lose the warranty. I however do not want any mod at the cost of "no warranty" - especially do not want to take a risk with VW... [:)]

Regards.

Thread Starter #3
Thanks Umang!!

Yes VW has introduced few additional features but those are only for the Diesel Highline version. Don't know what made them not give those on the petrol version... [anger] I have been breaking my head [frustration] for past few days trying to figure out the right fit for my Vento. I will be going to a dealer today to get the seat covers done. Hopefully should be able to finalize something today.

Hello Ramg congratulations for your Vento , it's a great car agreed!

Now coming to the ICE i read somewhere that the VW dealers are ready to swap the stock HU with the one in Passat for some price. Contact your dealer regarding this.

Thread Starter #6
Thanks Dhaya & SHailinder.

Getting the Passat HU didn't come to my mind at all. I will definitely talk to the dealer on this. If this can be done I can retain the OEM look too.. [:D] However I tried to get the HU that comes with the Breeze models but they bluntly denied citing multiple excuses.

If the Passat HU option does not work out then I may have to decide between the two:
JVC - KW-AVX746 (No GPS) - 22K+
Kenwood - DDX4038BT (Has all features I want) - 24K+

Which one would be a better option? Do you guys suggest any other model within 20-25K? And should I change the components or would it be better to stick to the stock speakers and use them for sometime; if not satisfied change them later.

Btw I got the seat covers ordered. Gsport Europa art leather in beige color for 9.8K. Lets see how it feels after fitting... [:)]

Regards,
Ramani

Does the Breeze model have USB? If yes then that is the Passat HU , if no then it is the Jetta's HU. What excuse is the dealer giving? One of our member here did the HU swapping from the dealer for his Vento.

If going the after-market way both JVC and Kenwood are really good. I find the stock speakers in Vento decent enough , change them at a later stage if your not satisfied.

Both the models you have mentioned are good enough the only difference being the detachable faceplate and 3 Preouts on the 746,which are not present on the 4038bt.
You could also look at the pioneer 3350bt,it's a good unit.
Do upgrade your front speakers to component speakers if possible, will make a lot of difference to the setup.

Thanks Dhaya & SHailinder.

Getting the Passat HU didn't come to my mind at all. I will definitely talk to the dealer on this. If this can be done I can retain the OEM look too.. [:D] However I tried to get the HU that comes with the Breeze models but they bluntly denied citing multiple excuses.

If the Passat HU option does not work out then I may have to decide between the two:
JVC - KW-AVX746 (No GPS) - 22K+
Kenwood - DDX4038BT (Has all features I want) - 24K+

Which one would be a better option? Do you guys suggest any other model within 20-25K? And should I change the components or would it be better to stick to the stock speakers and use them for sometime; if not satisfied change them later.

Btw I got the seat covers ordered. Gsport Europa art leather in beige color for 9.8K. Lets see how it feels after fitting... [:)]

Regards,
Ramani

You may also want to check out the Caska units. Quite a few happy vento customers have installed Caska (gps and reverse camera) costs around Rs 40K.
I also recall VW introducing a GPS navigation ICE for Vento trendline. Ask your dealer to see if he could get it installed on your Highline.
On a different forum, there are pictures of a Vento customer having installed a Blaupunkt NY 800 (complete with GPS). Looks cool. You may want to check this out too.

You may also want to check out the Caska units. Quite a few happy vento customers have installed Caska (gps and reverse camera) costs around Rs 40K.
I also recall VW introducing a GPS navigation ICE for Vento trendline. Ask your dealer to see if he could get it installed on your Highline.
On a different forum, there are pictures of a Vento customer having installed a Blaupunkt NY 800 (complete with GPS). Looks cool. You may want to check this out too.
Hi everyone ! I am new to the forum and this is just my second post. I have also booked a Vento petrol HL, but the 2012 model, complete with steering mounted controls and all... the delivery of car is due in first week of March. I too am planning for an HU upgrade... a touchscreen unit with bluetooth and GPS functionality. I am planning to go in for a Caska system (available in Dehradun) which is costing around 45K.

@ramG : which system did you finally get for your car? pl. do share your experience !

@icecool2010 : Hey, I stay in Haridwar, and am planning to visit Dehradun tomorrow or on monday. Can we meet, if possible [:)]

Hi everyone ! I am new to the forum and this is just my second post. I have also booked a Vento petrol HL, but the 2012 model, complete with steering mounted controls and all... the delivery of car is due in first week of March. I too am planning for an HU upgrade... a touchscreen unit with bluetooth and GPS functionality. I am planning to go in for a Caska system (available in Dehradun) which is costing around 45K.

@ramG : which system did you finally get for your car? pl. do share your experience !

@icecool2010 : Hey, I stay in Haridwar, and am planning to visit Dehradun tomorrow or on monday. Can we meet, if possible [:)]
Sorry, I just saw your post a few minutes back. If you are still in town let me know, we can meet.

Thread Starter #13
Had a discussion with the VW dealer.. He has asked me to wait till April.. The Breeze model HU would be made available as a spare he says.. If this is true, it is 100% worth the wait.. That is going to be a perfect fit, not like those 2 DIN systems which need a separate frame to be mounted in Vento..

Got my new Volkswagen Vento TDI high-line on 16-04-2012

Colour : T. Beige

Installed
1. P8 HID Head lamp/ Fog lamp
2. ICE "Panasound PN-5502"
3. Amplifier "Panasound PN-806"
4. Bass Box "Panasound PN-1205"

[:)] Perfect fit no alteration required

[:)] All working great with all feature except the [sad] steering mounted music control

Attachments

Hi Kaushal,

I am also planning to install Panasound 5502 in my Skoda Rapid.
Could you please give the feedback on Panasound 5502 like its sound quality, User interface, synchronization, navigation etc...
Also can you share the price of HU (with & without navigation), if it is OK with you...
Thanks in Advance.

Top Bottom